hooked

There are a number of ways that people of all walks of life get recruited into cults. Share your experience here.
AnotherDimension60

hooked

Unread post by AnotherDimension60 »

My initial hookedness into ramtha came via an audio tape from a friend. For years we had shared our discoveries along our spiritual journey? ramtha was her most recent discovery. What ramtha said on the tape was very similar to material I?d studied, and trusted via experience, in the Edgar Cayce readings. I did comment to my friend that I thought there was a bit too much of ego from this ramtha persona?. I don?t remember how she rationalized that away. Nevertheless, because I trusted my friend, and because the material was familiar, I went to a Dialogue. It was a major big deal for me at that time in my life to take an airplane trip across the country. I had been told about ramtha?s ?runners?, and sure enough there were ?runners? all along the trip, including meeting another person attending the Dialogues at the check-in counter of the hotel in the middle of the night. It?s taken me 24 years to recognize that I attributed to ramtha what had simply been the Divine Order I?d spent my life trusting in?. That same false attribution occurred with the experience of the Dialogue. The synchronicity of issues addressed by ramtha, and the sense of being in a loving environment, an unconditional acceptance of who we are and acknowledgment of God within. The Dialogue era of ramtha was a completely different ?teaching? than what occurred after 1989. I was hooked.
ordinarymind

Unread post by ordinarymind »

Hi AnotherDimension . ..I appreciate your post ..I too was introduced by a friend ...I didn't think I was on a "spiritual quest" at the time but my friend was so enraptured by the Hawaii videos so I agreed to take a look at them with him ...I had never been exposed to anything like channeling before ..and, before I knew it, I was "hooked", purchasing the white book, signing up for a dialogue and then becoming a student of the "great school" . ..there are things I experienced in the school that I couldn't explain away and so I too attributed those to Ramtha and his powers or his runners ...I think I must have "levitated" or "bilocated" or something during a C&E session as I found myself in a totally different spot after C&E than before . .a good 10 feet away ...and, well I couldn't explain that to myself ...and I couldn't explain the warrior cry that just exploded out of my mouth, completely taking me by surprise ..and may other things . .in the beginning ...later on the "unusual" experiences became less frequent and I was told that was because I was no longer in beginners mind and so I accepted that and continued to work at my disciplines, assuming I was on the path of an initiate in the great school.

I left my career, my home and my dream of having children as I came to understand that I was to "give birth to myself" in this lifetime as I supposedly must have had many children in previous lifetimes . ..I bought into it all ...bought a homestead, stored food, candles, extra clothes and shoes, built a UG, and now, looking back, I am in awe of my naivity ...I feel fortunate that at least I am not broke or bankrupt or dead and since hearing that "60 is the new 40" I am determined to relive those 15 years I lost at RSE and live life fully and bit by bit pick up the pieces
tree

Unread post by tree »

Well, I did not know where else to post this, but since you two mentioned that you got hooked through friends ( as I did as well-Hawaii videos)
check out THIS announcement by JZ:

JZ Knight would like to send you a fond and affectionate note of interest.

To All Our Dear RSE Students, We are changing the way we get information out
to people interested in Ramtha's teachings and Ramtha's School of Enlightenment.

We need your help in reintroducing Ramtha's school and teachings to the world in an effort to grow awareness about our beautiful school.

We ask you to please forward the following Web page link to your friends, family, and contacts, and to take a proactive approach in expanding your school.

http://ramtha.com/events/intros/

We encourage you to be proactive in sharing about our amazing school
and the possibility of changing people's lives.

We also ask you to let us know the number of people you have contacted.

Please share with us stories, anecdotes, and experiences concerning your activities in this endeavor.
Send feedback at http://www.ramtha.com/html/feedback.asp

Please forward this Web site link to everyone you know!
Sincerely,
JZ Knight and Ramtha's School of Enlightenment

so, apparently EMF is having an effect.

RSE does NOT have the hold on the internet.
It's a big field out there!! Everyone is allowed to play.
tree

Unread post by tree »

actually, I am surprised they did not use the chain letter tactic:
If you do not send it to at least 5 of your e-mail recipients within 1 hour, you will NOT be allowed to attend the next
required event.

:shock: :D :roll:

or better yet (am I giving them too many ideas?? lol)
how about a re-make of the Hawaii videos?
new package, airburshed, the whole works.
oops. How do you account for Old Woman and Jeff Knight?
they caught on to the act.
ex

Unread post by ex »

no active recruitment from jzrcult members was the last thing which was different from other cults.concratulations to jzr that she reached the 100%mark of beeing a cultleader.a welcome sideefect will be that many ramsters get a serious realetycheck in comunications with other people.might go a other way than expected.
California Dreamin'

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

I'm new to EMF, but was an active student from 1988 to/thru 2000.

I'm disappointed at the way the teachings are now being "marketed." When I joined, Ramtha told us we were the special group who were with him on the march, back when he ascended from the mountain. I recall he said he made a promise to us that we were "his people of long ago" and the promised to come back for us. We were with him again because we heard his call. Now, seems everyone out there in the masses must have also been with him on that mountain, because it's like a cattle call to come to the school.

Don't get me wrong -- I love the Ramtha who was my teacher, but it seems like he and JZR have totally merged. I left the school because I began to dread going to events. I made myself a promise that if I ever found myself attending for merely "social consciousness reasons" I would drop out. Looks like I left just in time. The last event I attended had a new, modernized stage, and it was a real turn-off to me. It had that glitzy, high-end, marketing look, and for me it felt like the energy shifted. Seems I was right.

I've been reading this message board for several weeks now, and I was becoming very saddened by the concept that I may have been duped all of those years. Then, yesterday, I remembered a MIRACLE that happened to me during twilight -- I manifested a coin in my hand. Nothing can take that magical experience away from me. I did indeed experience bliss in Ramtha's audience, but now it feels tainted.

Just call me disturbed and confused.
tree

Unread post by tree »

Welcome Dreamin'!

I can totally relate to your confusion and being disturbed.
It is quite the bumpy road on the way out.

I, too, can relate to your miracle during twilight.
Many of those "disciplines" that were taught, plus many others, can be found many other places and for FREE.
In fact, many many miracles occur in the everyday "social conscious" world and none of them are credited to JZ Knight nor Ramtha.
I still believe in the power of human beings and you have that miracle for yourself to remind you.

Bravo for you for having the courage to post.
May you find many supportive words and stories that will comfort your trodden spirit.
tree

Unread post by tree »

I have one other marketing idea for RSE.
Instead of giving out t-shirts at the Assay this year (uh, I believe they stopped that several years ago.....what? too much money? don't want to put out $5 for each $1300 you snag?) give out 5 cds to each student (pretty cheap to put out, maybe 7 cents a cd) and tell them to give them out to their friends and family.
as as ex said: big backfire when family and friends see the fanatacism of building UG's and storing food like mad and the same family seeing that you are HOPING to get through to 2013. or kind of like that older student who has been in school for 26 years and said she was going to cash in her IRA because "the world is going to hell in a handbasket."
All current students know better than social consciousness. :roll:
But what about those ex students who ALSO have that "sacred knowledge" and who have a few other persectives who can now see
20/20 ?
sara

kids

Unread post by sara »

"I left my career, my home and my dream of having children as I came to understand that I was to "give birth to myself" in this lifetime as I supposedly must have had many children in previous lifetimes"

Dear Ordinary Mind

I want to respond to these words you wrote way back in the summer, because my RSE friend, who was my introduction to the school, used almost exactly the same words to talk about her not having children - she'd dreamt of having them but had had broods of them in past lives...I wonder how many others bought that line, including me...
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

yes, there are probably men and women who have bypassed the time of life when one typically has children and raises a family. but, with the kindest of intent, i would suggest that if one is in whatever situation where they would not or could not, biologically parent a child, there is always adoption. i know plenty of people who have adopted children and grown wonderful families together. every state in this country has a protective service agency with many children who would love to have the gift of a forever family to love and be loved within. or foster parenting. another option i just thought i would comment on.

Return to “How Did You Get Hooked Into RSE ?”