Ice in Italy!

The stories of people who have been in RSE, and the red flags that caused them to step back, ponder it all, and realize it's time to leave, are varied and diverse. Post your story here to help others.
sara

Ice in Italy!

Unread post by sara »

Did anyone else here attend the beginners' retreat in Italy in 2003?

There was an ice storm in the middle of a hot, sunny afternoon - it had been so hot and clear all week that you couldn't stand in the breakfast queue without sunglasses. When the storm hit, one of the teachers said that "Ramtha" had said he would send ice to Italy during the retreat. I remember thinking briefly that it would have been more convincing if they had said that BEFORE the ice fell! But I was so happy to dismiss that thought and take the ice as a tangible sign of "the Ram's" presence. I didn't even think to question whether ice storms out of nowhere might actually be quite usual in the mountains in that part of Italy in the summer. The teachers said that they weren't, and that seemed believable - but the point is that I didn't even think to do any independent research! (Just tried to do so, although without success.)

I remember that the whole area was covered in pieces of ice; people were out dancing in it as it fell and were cut and bleeding as the chunks of ice were pretty big - most people stayed in the shelter and called their kids in...
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

The ice wasn't "blue," was it? (just kidding)

It would be interesting to see if that is a weather phenomena. I've been in South France, and (sadly) watched while snow fell on the palm trees!!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
sara

Unread post by sara »

:lol: no, it wasn't blue! haven't found an answer to that one, but I actually grew up in the mountains and know how unpredictable the weather can be...
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

Sara - great observation. Wow - so familiar.

It's very common for the weather in Washington to be credited as a "runner from Ramtha"

Any slightly out of the ordinary phenomena is credited to the power of the Ram, and yes, as a student I participated the cheering and took it as a sign of Ram's presence...WITHOUT QUESTION.

Return to “Your RSE Experience & What Red Flags Woke You Up Toward Leaving?”