A Much Needed Vacation

How is life after RSE? What negative effects are you dealing with? How has it affected loved ones? What has helped you towards healing and moving on? Share with others here.
Shocked

A Much Needed Vacation

Unread post by Shocked »

I have just returned from a much needed vacation and I can't remember the last time this has happened, a vacation where I actually left the community of Yelm, better yet I left the country. Something I would of never done while I was in school. Come to find out the world really isn't as doomsday as it has been drilled into my mind for so many years. Yes, I still experienced the fears from my past, flying on a airplane, tidal waves, earthquakes and the list goes on, I am not saying those things can't happen but I refuse to sit in the community of Yelm in fear of these potential disasters which could happen really at anytime, and which happen all over the world, these are nothing new!!! It was a relief that I could actually travel enjoy myself the many wonderful people I met and the wonderful sites I was able to see. With out having all these parnoid feeling about where I was and who I was associating with. It was nice and I was able to clear my mind, a little bit more!!!!
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: A Much Needed Vacation

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Hi Shocked,

Welcome back....thank you for your post.
May I ask.... where did you take your vacation?

For many RSE members taking a short holiday abroad is unthinkable, now why is that?
Not just because they are most likely penniless from pouring resources into JZK's 'retail therapy expeditions on the French Riviera and competing with Oprah Winfrey for the fanciest handbag > :roll:
The saying "can't see the forest for the trees” rings so true in the context of the RSE indoctrinations.
Often it takes physical separation from RSE with just enough window of time for the mind to snap out of its Ramtha delirium.
But even then.... for hardcore RSE members its all too much truth to handle that ‘JZK-Ramtha’ is no more than a diabolical and cruel fraud.
All those JZK-R fearful warnings not to travel help’s induce the RSE 'cognitive dissonance'.
I often reflect that whatever courage and heartbreak it took us to walk the RSE path..
it takes whole lot more courage and 'spiritual fortitude' to face the truth and walk away.
And for those RSE members who may be contemplating just that...
I highly recommend a vacation..

Perhaps New Zealand.... :D

David
Frantz Fanon - cognitive dissonance.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Shocked

Unread post by Shocked »

It was a goal of mine to get to new zealand because I was not to far off but I just didn't have the time. I visited Australia, and it was a wonderful trip, a very beautiful country. I often thought about the many students who left the area to come to Yelm, a very long and expensive journey for them, and then there is the factor of families many left behind and the expense to return home. As it has been discussed before once here in Yelm you pretty much soak all your funds into the school and left penniless, a long way from home. I am glad I had the separation from the school for a period of time, and glad to find this website, to really understand what others had experienced, it was enough to understand why I was second guessing the school, and to understand it wasn't my lack of participation. I agree with you, it gave me just enough time to snap out of JZ's delirium. I recall a conversation with another student many years ago, about how extravagant it appeared that JZ lived, and between the two of us we had decided it was all right, because look at the gift she was giving to us. Talk about, not thinking rationally. Yes JZ, you can go float along the riveria and I will starve, I can actually laugh at that now, because it is not on my dime. I apologize if that sounded insincere but it is true. I feel for all that continue to pour there life savings into the school, it just isn't right.
Shocked

Unread post by Shocked »

Another thing I have to add to my post, is two years ago, I would of never dreamed of going out of this little Yelm comfort zone other than to my job which I pretty much had no other choice if I wanted a roof over my head. I felt I never fit in, I felt different than everybody else, by no means superior, it is almost like all my confidence and believe in myself was gone, I didn't even know myself, and felt I couldn't even associate with others, went to work, came home and didn't care if I saw another person, I became a real loner. What is amazing about that, is that is not at all who I am, that school changed me drastically but I know I am on the road to recovery!!!
seriously

Unread post by seriously »

Right on Shocked. Congrats on embracing your life again after the RSE detour.
MindState

Unread post by MindState »

Thanks for sharing your story Shocked! It's interesting, I had a very similar experience with RSE life and I know others who have too. I'm sure most of the isolation from fellow students is that you have a 'free' mind. And your free-thinking mind reflects to themselves of how enslaved they are in their own mind. I'm happy you made it out and came out all right!

Oh speaking of traveling....did you some of the few people in school who are comfortable in life enough to actually travel who are not broke...travel anywhere they want.....I marvel that so many of those people come back and manage to piece together these 'stories'....that they are slapping a label as 'student accomplishment' just because they went somewhere outside of Yelm. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Is this maybe fair to call it an accomplishment because the school sucks away most students money that they could have otherwise used to see the world?

BTW shocked, did you grow up in the pacific NW may I ask?
Shocked

Unread post by Shocked »

Mindstate,

I did not grow up in the Pacific NW, I was born and raised in another country, and moved to be closer to the school, I bought into the concept of this is where I needed to be. Sold everything and soaked all of my monies into the school, and then I was broke. It was the early nineties when my journey began, with RSE and lasted for approximately 12 yrs. Once I was unable to attend, it gave me the time to sit back and examine my life. It was not where I wanted to be, but I had basically surrounded myself in the teaching and lost reality of life outside of Yelm, but had no other choice to step out of the box to survive, so I did. It was just enough of a break, to know I needed to do something else. Got a job, slowly started taking some college classes and eventually obtained a degree, and yes life for me has completely changed. I had all intentions of going back to RSE until I came across this website. And was amazed at all the stories, written here. I was very down on myself for many years about not being able to manifest the money for school and felt that I had failed. But I kicked into survival mode after a long journey with RSE and I did learn one thing from that school, (which I now know I could of learned anywhere, for free, if I had just been open to search past JZ) I really can do anything, I just needed to get out of the cult to figure that out. So yes I have a career and one I like most days...because not everything is perfect everyday, thats called life, and I do have the opportunity to finally do what I desire. Instead of waiting around for JZ to tell me about how I didn't manifest....so life is good, but the emotional and spiritual scaring of the experience still haunts me from time to time, to this day. I hope others find these posts and her student body dewindles to nothing and students move on with there lifes, because they all can have what they want, they just are not going to get it there!!! All my good fortune has come from me and not from JZ...

Return to “Leaving RSE: The Aftermath”