how do I deal with a partner still in the school?

How to help if you have family or friends in RSE.
enlightenmypocket

how do I deal with a partner still in the school?

Unread post by enlightenmypocket »

In May of last year I met a wonderful young woman who I shared a wonderful connection with. I had for several years become steadily more in touch with my spiritual self. By spiritual mostly I mean becoming a person more in touch with my humanity, compassion and opening myself to love. I had been reading Rumi?s beautiful poetry of love being the path to the divine for several years. I have begun a love affair with myself after years of family abuse. Love of the self and love of others.

I have always been incredibly skeptical and in many ways ?aggressively? against organised religion... 'The opiate of the masses'.
We discussed visualisation, reality ? in the sense that your perceptions determine your reality, and actively changing your life.

We fell deeply in love and she was/is the most unique person I have ever met. She told me she was a student, and in many ways I understood it to mean a student of life/ did a lot of personal study. She was a little reticent about what exactly the school was but I am/was incredibly accepting and believe that every person?s path is their own and that I would learn more in time.

A few months later she told me that the school was having a beginners retreat and asked if I was interested in attending but that I don?t have to. I decided to do it on a whim, I wanted to know as much about her as I could and this seemed to be an ideal opportunity. I had also just experienced an extremely terrible event in my life, a level of violence which had shattered my faith in humanity and my country. I?m a journalist who covered an orgy of riots in which many people had died.

Her mother is and has been a student for long time, about 15 years I think, and my partner since a teenager. I?d picked up a bit from them but they weren?t exactly forthcoming on the details. They just told me it was going to change my life and I should be excited.

I went to the beginners and it was interesting. In many ways I guess I saw most of the teaching were ?parables? and it tooks a few days for it to become apparent that everyone really believed everything completely. I had some many successes on the field (I have an incredibly good sense of direction ? even when blindfolded that I got nearly all my cards) I seemed to get any extraordinary amount of the remote views etc etc... It was still in the realm of ?reality? for me ? I still believe very much in human potential and that ?ESP? is very much a tool of common sense and it is very possibly a latent human skill. What I did struggle with was doubt. Massive amounts of it. So the last day of the beginners I made a card to put away my doubts. Like I could toss it out on the field and make myself apart of the proceedings. I really liked the students. They were educated, responsible, intelligent people who were on a path of evolution. My doubt I knew was creating a barrier to my experience. I decided to stay for the follow-up.

My girlfriend arrived for the advanced course and I was quite honest that I really didn?t believe the JZ/Ramtha thing. I noticed that the accent slipped and the old english/sub-continent accent grated me... It reminded me of something. I recognise it now as I read on the EMF site as Yul Brunner...

It was so expensive... What a price for enlightenment... But I was in love...

So I spent many days in crisis. Listening to the teachings and evaluating what I heard, aggressively combating my doubt. And I succeeded. My rationale that if I accept that I am the God realized within myself, then why would JZ lie about that. If I accept myself and my potential I would/must accept Ramtha ? that it is merely my preconditioned denial of my own godhood that would prevent that. Now up until that point there is no harm I can/could see in the school. After all knowledge of yourself / enlightenment is an admirable feat... Making known the unknown was after all another aim of my career.

Then came the video. The ?documentary? of the sky?s burning and earth tilting off its axis. And it was going to happen in 3 years time. The other student?s had heard it before, and many were already preparing or were already building their shelters. My partner and her mother had said that they wanted to move out of the city and get a farm and live in nature etc. So now I knew why. I did not know at that stage how much food they had stockpiled in their small apartment. It was all hidden in her mother's room

By this stage I was incredibly freaked out. Everything was ?supported? by ramtha predictions. We were shown charts and newspaper clippings etc. Climate change is a reality and as a conscious person I knew that we would be facing difficult times ahead as resources grew scarcer and global warming accumulated. I had never thought of it was an immediate threat.

Mike glossed over it a bit but made it clear that this was on the cards and students told each other the rest in the breaks. Now I understood why there were so many 2013 cards being made... I deliberately turned off journalist me, because I wanted so much to have an unmediated experience.

The final night was a wine ceremony. By this stage I was believing was I was told and there was a ?televised? Ramtha saying students must get off their asses and start preparing. He had told them for years. The wine ceremony freaked me out even more because ?ramtha? behaved like a know-it-all jerk throwing wine down ?his? throat, swearing and being such a twat but I can?t even recall the specifics cause by that stage I was in such a state of crisis that I think I have blanked much of the night out because of the emotional turmoil I experienced. I just remember spinning on the field after doing 'orbography' like a dervish.

That day after leaving I freaked out, again, and I went to speak to my partners mother who ?counselled? me and I left feeling calmer, I guess. She explained that the school doesn?t usually do things in this way ? the video - but because it was so close to the ?end of days? Ramtha was trying to activate student?s that had not kept up with their disciplines and that if I continued to do my disciplines I would be fine. I could come to their farm, I would be fine, I would survive. Mostly I was distraught because I wanted to tell my friends about this because I could not imagine being/feeling responsible for their not having this information. I felt as though I would be responsible for their deaths. She told me she had felt the same with others of her family but told me how her family, apart from her one daughter, would not accept it. It would also be advisable not to speak to others about it - but by my being frequency specific with ramtha/the school, I would hold the frequency of those I cared about and could save them through that.

In the next week I went through so many stages of trying to fight against the indoctrination and going back and forth I felt as though I had gone through a process of devolution from who I was before the event. I was also in love, and I wanted to accept my new partner unconditionally.

I?ve stayed in the relationship and most of the relationships I had before have fallen away because I stopped seeing my friends because I just didn?t know how to be me anymore. I really am a changed person. I still work and exist as I did before but my health has suffered. I stopped exercising and gained a lot of weight. I?ve been lying to myself for months. Actively and consciously lying to myself. The confusion has gotten the best of me.

I decided that in the near future I would sell my house and use the proceeds to investing in a farm and getting out of dodge with my new family. I began working harder to make more money. Working late into the night. Pushing myself harder and harder but without the belief in my work I had before. My work lost it's appeal apart from the financial imperative for a while.

The relationship has suffered because my gf and her mother moved in with me at the beginning of the year. Her salary is not great and they put the rent up at her place. Her mother doesn?t work and thinks it?s acceptable because she is a student and is working on ?the great work?. To me it seems as though she prefers that someone else support her final incarnation before her light review or until she somehow manages to manifest her fabulous wealth out of thin air. They both fell off their disciplines and for a while ramtha wasn?t mentioned. We were just living, and every now and then the farm business would come up. We went to look for land and for a while I was really excited about it. The idea of having somewhere in nature still appeals to me but not for the 'end of days' reason. Her mother left for a while and then lately came back after she?d outstayed her welcome at her other daughter?s house. It seems a pattern with her.

In the last year I have done a huge amount of reading. And not just of the ?recommended? school list. The school is very clever, and they give you just enough information to hang yourself for years trying to evaluate what the ?truth? is. I'm still open to certain things, and I'm grateful for a reason to engage in something I had never considered before and I'm way more knowledgeable about climate issues and the need to work at reducing our carbon footprint. But I'd rather work at preventing a collapse than sitting in an underground eating bakebeans. I'm even considering avenues of working to a higher level of self-sufficiency because it just makes sense.

I realised a few months ago how deeply depressed I had become and set about changing things for myself. I decided that my reality is not the world in flames and that I would not be working myself to the bone to afford to sell my house and buy a farm and build an underground. I told my gf and asked that she move her school stuff out of our common area.

My gf and her mother have lately come back from an event where Ramtha herself facilitated and they have come back energized. So there?s cards all over the house, candle focus and talk of undergrounds etc. I tried to be understanding but it causes terrible dissonance in me and I have become very unhappy again. I have now asked for space. So mom has left and my gf is staying a friend.

I?ve been lurking on the EMF site for the last week or so. I knew it was out there but as part of my actively shutting off my critical thinking I did no more that the front page before.

I really don?t know what path to take at the moment. Instinctively I know the relationship has become toxic as it stands but I do care for my gf. I know the school is the most important thing in her life, and that she loves me. I know she will chose the school but I just can?t have that fallacy in my life any longer. She?s been in the school her whole adult life and I do not see her leaving. She?s a wonderful caring person who I would never want to hurt but she is completely indoctrinated.

I can never accept this bourgeois enlightenment again. There is a serious lack of compassion in the teachings and it is so self-serving. It?s all I, I, I... When my gf?s mother goes on about how people (incl abused children/victims of crime,etc) are making their own reality I could scream. There is little I have witnessed in students to how they could make a better world and I notice a somewhat arrogant and selfish delight in the possibility that millions/billions of people wiped out wouldn?t be a such bad thing in their eyes. There is also no proof that the disciplines could drop a windfall in your lap, which is 90% of the cards I saw at the event... There is just too little humanity and too much godhood. I also know too many longtime ramsters with too many problems... And that is a ?runner? for me.

Do you ex-ramsters have any advice for me?

and thanks for having this forum, I really want to recommend it to my gf but I'm almost certain it is just not a part of her timeline...
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

Hello, EMP -- thanks for your post! I appreciate the time you took to write. You hit many things regarding rse / JZ / students on the head and most of the community here can empathize with you.. I am not a current or past student but my mother and sister and her husband are in the school and have moved to Yelm in preparation for "the days to come"......bah!.... :shock:

Keep reading, keep writing......No one can really tell you "what to do" about your girlfriend....As you'll find out from reading about destructive cults, which rse is, there is a lot of subliminal suggestion and hypnosis going on that is not working in your favor.....in addition there is the fear factor, that without rse, they will die.

Unfortunately, yours and your girlfriends story is one we can all relate to. Give yourself time to get "your self" back and the rest will fall into place. I'm sure others here will have some words for you.
"That's me in the corner -- losing my religion" -- REM
enlightenmypocket

Marie wrote:No one can really tell you "what to do" about your girlfriend.....
thanks Marie, yes I know know one can tell me what to do about my gf. I wish it was that easy but before I got involved in the school there was no way anyone could tell me what to do. I think one of the only legacy's we have in life and death is are our decisions. The paths we choose in our lives. I never believed I was suggestible before that event. It's rather sneaky... At least one thing remains untouched, and that is my instinct. It kept me from falling too far down the rabbit hole.

I just realised something... re authority issues (or my anti-authority issues more accurately) - I think the school uses/abuses and then subverts that - they encourage an anti-authoritarian stance. Ramtha as the bad boy god. JZ Knight is Orson Welles directing Ramtha's Citizen Kane. She even looks a lot like him. :lol:

I guess mostly what I'm looking for is an outlet, but also some advice (tactics) in what I am calling my "Days to Come". I can't hanker down in my shelter (my home office) for much longer. I need to start my recovery now.
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

At least one thing remains untouched, and that is my instinct. It kept me from falling too far down the rabbit hole.
That is your critical thinking you kept intact. The emphasis on getting rid of your doubt in rse, is really "get rid of your critical thinking" and so that you will believe whatever baloney jz throws your way.
I need to start my recovery now.
And you are on your way. I understand about needing to vent. I had no one but the people here to talk to about my mother and sister. My mother's family were sympathetic to her and rse and told me not to contact them about it again. My sister disowned me. As you must know, fraternizing with nonbelievers is discouraged both overtly and covertly. It's a sad time. I ranted for about six months on this board until I couldn't talk about it anymore.
"That's me in the corner -- losing my religion" -- REM
Dove

Unread post by Dove »

Hello Enlightenmypocket (great name!)

Thanks for sharing your experience ? it was a great eye-opener for me to see how things may have been for my non-Ramster husband for the 3 yr period I was in school. I will ask him to read your story.

You hit the nail on the head in so many instances ? the school is very, very clever. JZR weaves a magic blend of truth & lies which can be very confusing. Some teachings are so beautiful and ring as truth within your being so I found myself swallowing other teachings that were shocking to hear, but I foolishly accepted them as truth because I believed they were delivered by an all knowing enlightened being.

For the first couple of years most of my RSE experiences were in various countries around the world (not Yelm) where a lot of the teachings are shown on DVD, so I believe what was shown was ?the best of the edited teachings? meaning the drunkenness, the abuse etc was edited out.

In the last year I attended several events in Yelm and saw Ramtha (in the flesh, so to speak) on many occasions. So boy, did the inconsistencies start piling up. As you said the accent slips a lot ? this should be a major red flag, one many of us chose to overlook.

I also went through a period of depression upon exiting the school. For the first time in my entire life I had reached a point where I stopped trusting my own wisdom ? why, because I believed Ramtha was a hierophant but what I?d recently heard/experienced from Ramtha felt so wrong, so in my confused state I questioned my own instincts.

Looking back I can see how clever the manipulation was. I joined RSE in the first place because the ?core? teachings were in line with my own beliefs, and I thought it would be cool to learn sacred knowledge from an ?enlightened being? I loved the White Book, and felt hooked when I read ?the greatest teacher you will ever have is the God that lives within you. Then once I got hooked in the school, the ugliness, the tyranny, the abuse started appearing with comments from JZR like ?you should be ashamed, you f****** barbarians, you need a master teacher, you must surrender to your teacher, you must make the great work more important than your family? ??.
There is a serious lack of compassion in the teachings and it is so self-serving. It?s all I, I, I... When my gf?s mother goes on about how people (incl abused children/victims of crime,etc) are making their own reality I could scream. There is little I have witnessed in students to how they could make a better world and I notice a somewhat arrogant and selfish delight in the possibility that millions/billions of people wiped out wouldn?t be a such bad thing in their eyes
This common attitude amongst Ramsters was something that continually bugged me although I never mentioned it to anyone whilst at RSE. Sometimes the arrogance & selfishness of it all made me feel uneasy, but unlike yourself I pushed my natural instincts aside for too long.

On a side note, looking back in hindsight I am so grateful to my husband for his understanding through my RSE experience. In fairness a lot of it was very inspiring and he loved seeing me enthused (however the truth is all those beautiful teachings were hi-jacked from other sources delivered through the pretence of a hierophant) but his patience through the conspiracy theories, the days that are coming madness is something I am so grateful for. I am aware your situation is very different to mine; your girlfriend has been indoctrinated with RSE since she was a teenager, so waking up may be more difficult.

Some of the things my husband (very) gently did was to point out how many predictions of Ramtha?s really hadn?t happened. Even though I didn?t admit it at the time, it did make me think.

Good for you for staying true to yourself, I agree it certainly does help to vent and to talk with others. I hope things work out for you, and that you keep sharing. Take care
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

Blessings to you Enlightenmypocket. Keep reading past posts and you'll find alot of common feelings/thoughts/experiences to yours. Meanwhile - return to Rumi and anything else that sings to your Soul and doesn't ask money for it.!
The dooms day predictions have been going on since 1986 - the underground busy-ness began about '90....
It's been over 15 years since I walked away from jzland and I'm still learning and gaining understanding about my experience there. It can't be emphasized enough that, much as I hate to admit it, there is serious and multifaceted brainwashing and mind manipulation there. As you'll see periodically recommended here - check out some Derren Brown videos online to see how quickly and easily we human beings can be manipulated.

Did you say you are a journalist? You could write quite a story re jz -- there's lots of verifiable facts just on this message board -- including lying in a court of law.
ex

Unread post by ex »

right on the money. thanks for your brilliant writing. should become the read of the month.
enlightenmypocket

I will, possibly write (in public) about this one day. Not yet, I'm still cringing in embarrassment and feelings of shame. Shame that I let myself get sucked in, shame that I turned so far away from my self. I know I have nothing to really be embarrassed about. I had good intentions, I'm intelligent, I'm only human. It was all in the name of love.
It's just too close right now. This board is a great resource though and I'm enjoying the process. I have watched the Derren Brown Heist video... I felt immediately better about myself. Better about myself than 3000 dollars of ramtha & months of cyclical thinking. I thank technology (the wealth of human enterprise) for bringing such a wealth of instantly accessible avenues of knowledge into our homes.
Despite the anguish I am currently going through, I don't regret my time in ramthaland. It's another experience which has enriched my core understanding of myself and my strength even as it's brought me to breaking point.
I will keep posting here, it is cathartic.
One thing I will do first in my process of dealing with my relationship with my girlfriend is show her the 1985 Ramtha interview with Merv Griffiths. It really is (to me) an eye opener. Especially the predictions part.
*The world will not turn on it axis... All war will end by the end of the next decade 90s*
For an interdimensional being who is "future now" Ramtha really does get confused. Of course I know one argument that will be tabled is that students/masters have moved the world through to another timeline.... blah blah blah... Excuses are not valid arguments.
She definitely looks better in that interview before all the plastic surgery. And I definately picked up the unconscious lying body signals. You all watched the "Lie to Me" series? It's just showing here now. And TV shall set you free!
N
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

re the changing the timeline thing....
Consider the ill/logic -- in '86 there were dire predictions and people told to get self-sufficient; then the "gray men" teachings (straight out of Taylor Caldwell novels, including the phrase "gray men";
in '89 the SEVEN year school was started
in '90 the underground thing started
If the Ramtha students were so friggin powerful as to change the timeline re the '86 predictions, why was there the need for the School;
If the School was so GREAT, why did it need to be continued? - because the students weren't passionate, dedicated, focused, etc enough;
yet, the drastic predictions didn't come true because these powerful students changed the timeline?!?!?!?!
And if these not enough students were so powerful to change the timeline - why did 9/11 happen? why is global warming happening?
And who is causing all the problems? - gray men? 2012? aliens?
Along the same lines - the first Assay was to change our consciousness -- why then was there a need for more assays, Blue College, special groups?

Blessings to you who know how to recognize the gifts, and throw away the garbage.
joe sz

Sympathy for the Devil

Unread post by joe sz »

Great posts enlightenmypocket! Good people in bad cults is an old drama.

The Rolling Stones released this song Sympathy for the Devil in 1968. One of the lines goes:
Ah, what's puzzling you, Is the nature of my game....
Another goes:
But what's confusing you, Is just the nature of my game
Any number of successful cult leaders learn early on that creating a crisis in the minds of the students/devotees, or a puzzle with no easy solution, is a fantastic way to create dependence on information, techniques and workshops that pretend or begin to solve that crisis or puzzle.

check out what Stones' Keith Richards has to say about the song and what he sees as evil:
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=509

This can be a tough one to decide, ie whether Ramtha is really evil incarnate or merely a clever caricature embodied by actress JZ. If you believe in ESP and in spiritual beings, then Ramtha can appear to exist as an entity in another dimension.
I see both religion and atheism as potential opiates especially if we settle into a personal point of view as absolute. The absoute truth may be out there, and I think it is or none of us would feel the instinct to join with a Ramtha that spouts "truth", but it is definitely not "within" any one of us alone is how I see it.
A lot depends on where you are coming from and how you frame reality. The journey of recovery can be a most enlightening experience, as you already indicated. The big questions become more important to both define and refine. You may already be lightyears ahead of JZ....
Caterpillar

Hello

Unread post by Caterpillar »

Hello Enlightenmypocket (great name!)

Thank you for your excellent post which really captured the dilemma or grief of being involved with RSE.

Quote: ?The school is very clever, and they give you just enough information to hang yourself for years trying to evaluate what the ?truth? is.

Yes, I am still in the process of discovering what is factual and what is crap from J.Zerox that she did not originate but claims to have done so.

I know several current students whose partners do not believe in RSE but they are still together all these years and seem happy. Some of the partners have been to RSE but do not subscribe to it. I am not in that situation but I would imagine it can be challenging with the absurd teachings such as having to tolerate the partner?s ?hissing to music? session.

Dove, just wondering if your husband ever saw you performing the hyperventilating exercise or staring at the sky with little blinking? :lol: I noticed other people in the park ?avoiding? me when I was staring at the sky and muttering to myself while walking in a straight line and raising my arm. "I have always been invisible!"

Emp, keep writing as it is therapeutic to vent on this message board. Also, your sense of humor will get you through this. :D
Dove

Unread post by Dove »

I noticed him cringe now & again when I'd go outside to do my neighbourhood walk, particularly when I was in my cloak :lol: :lol: :lol: or when I'd do the "So be it" arm movement whilst watching a Ramtha DVD :lol:
enlightenmypocket

yes, the cringe... It is a difficult thing. Being the cringer. I really have to exercise a lot of self control to stop myself from what doing that or at least not showing it.
In other news I have addressed many of my concerns to my girlfriend in the last 24hours. We had a very long and emotional chat last night. I was very clear about what I thought of the school and the dangers. I backed up my argument with a lot of the research I have been doing here. It is going to be a process. I will write in more detail later, I'm on deadline for a job and need to concentrate on that for now. Thank you every body who has replied, I will contribute when I have a little more time.

And for some light relief I have to post this:
Report: Majority Of Americans Unprepared For Apocalypse
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/52 ... _rss_daily
Bud

Unread post by Bud »

Time to man up and tell the gf and her mom to get out. I recently went through a similar situation although I never fell foe Knights BS. If granny has been at it for 15+ years and the nonsense is real tell her to manifest some rent money and some farm money. Bottom line my friend is any group that spends thousands of dollars building undergrounds for a f.....(moderator edit) flood has their heads so far up their butts it is unbelievable. I talked to one of these geniuses and he was in a quandry as to how to build a vent so his family could breathe in their multi thousand dollar crypt. The science is bunk for anyone who spends the briefest amount of time researching and the damage to huanity is outrageous. truth is...there is no room for a threesome when the 3rd party is a money hungry POS who goes through students and husbands with abandon. Get your self out of there...you don;t need to be afraid of tomorrow.

moderator comment:

In keeping with The EMF Guidleines for Posting, this post has been edited.

Our primary purpose with this website is to provide an online support community. Within it we provide space for networking, educational information, opinion sharing, asking questions, and sharing of facts.

By registering and posting on EMF, you agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

You also agree not to post a person's name or any advertising on EMF.

Please review The EMF Guidelines for Posting
http://www.enlightenmefree.com/phpbb3/p ... /viewtopic

Thank you for your consideration.
enlightenmypocket

an update

Hello all you post enlightened peeps!
Firstly apologies that I haven't been posting for a while. I got really busy with work and have also been busy trying to get myself back on track, emotionally et al.
So here's an update. GF's mom is out of house & town and I have clearly advised that she is not welcome to live here again, even for a short time. Even though I do not believe her to be a 'bad' person I have said she is far too evangelical for my liking and she also needs to take responsibility for her decisions to not support herself financially.
I confronted The "School" ideologically, spiritually and intellectually with my GF. We are still tenuously holding onto our relationship. Whether this is a good thing or inadvisable only time will tell. Bud, I won't be "man"ing up anytime soon, I'm a woman, we're gay, and I do still care about my GF. She is at core a incredible human being and I cannot and will not put her out onto the streets.
She has lost her job. She was working for a fellow RSE student whose business has just gone belly up because this CEO spent 6 months of the last 2 years at RSE retreats all over the world, including attending the new blue college events in Yelm - most probably using the funding they had received from an international aid agency that was supposed to be used for education and empowerment of vulnerable aids orphans in rural Africa. At least 10 full time staffers have lost their jobs when the contract was not renewed. That's a big how's that for manifesting your reality. And demonstrates the true danger and corruption of involvement in a cult.
So I am am trying to help. My GF's still does not recognised the true dangers. She say's it's not about the school, it's about that tools she has learned. She is unable to confront that her world view is heavily influenced by her upbringing in the school and she sees that any progress she make is thanks to the teachings of school. Of course any backsliding is the fault of monkey mind/herself etc.
So we're still together, but it is not easy. I've become too cynical. But at least I am engaging intellectually again.
A good thing is that I'm getting back to myself. I've spoken to friends and let them into what's been happening and am getting support from them. I've had to deal with a lot of shame and letting them know that I had been (and let myself be) conned.
It's a process... and am as ever glad that this community exists.
thanks
EMF
enlightenmypocket

Re: an update

enlightenmypocket wrote: thanks
EMF
:shock: I mean thanks EMF
EMP
:lol:
Kensho

Unread post by Kensho »

EMP,

Hang in there. It is wonderful that you are looking after yourself and standing up for what YOU believe is right.

RSE will not last. Your GF will need your compassion, love and understanding more than anything; for she has a long hard road ahead of her.

Much love, Kensho
Dove

Unread post by Dove »

Hi EMP

Great to hear from you & thanks for the update. It's good to hear the mother-in-law has moved out - good for you.
A good thing is that I'm getting back to myself. I've spoken to friends and let them into what's been happening and am getting support from them. I've had to deal with a lot of shame and letting them know that I had been (and let myself be) conned.
It's a process... and am as ever glad that this community exists
This is wonderful to hear. After I exited RSE earlier this year, my true friends that patiently stood by me, listened to all my "Ramtha nonsense, the days that are coming madness" etc etc showed me what true friendship was all about. It was an incredibly humbling experience to admit that I was gullible & was conned big time, yet at the same time very freeing.

I agree "I'm so grateful for this website". Without it I'd probably be attending my follow-up retreat about now, and making crazy financial decisions about my future, instead my life has gone from strength to strength since exiting - thankyou thankyou EMF!!!
Walk in the Park

Unread post by Walk in the Park »

I need to start my recovery now.

Wondering in all sincerity how you are doing.....
enlightenmypocket

Re: how do I deal with a partner still in the school?

It's been a year since I updated - In the meantime I have ended the relationship, too much had been broken by the involvement with the school.
Have absolutely no contact with the mother but am amicable with my former girlfriend who has since left the school - which I am pleased about..
I wouldn't say I'm fully recovered, I still feel the effects of those experiences but overall I am much happier and more connected to the world around me.

I logged in today after a long absence after seeing a story about ramtha students who shot two policeman in my country. All I can think is that it was eventually bound to happen. I remember being told that we should arm ourselves and to beware of government. RSE breeds paranoia.

Am interested to see how JZK responds. And the response of international law enforcement...
appealing

Unread post by appealing »

Hey EMP,
Your story is so similar to mine - also went for the love of another woman, felt it wasn't right but stuck with it etc. Only difference is that we never lived in the same situation as you. Everything else is pretty much identical. I'm really glad to read you are reconnecting with the world - I completely relate. Thanks so much for sharing your story, and wonderful to hear from you.
:)
Appealing
enlightenmypocket

@appealing thanks, good to hear shared experiences.

Best thing about end of the relationship was getting all their stockpiled food out of my home - it always felt like a black hole sucking all good out of life.

life is good!
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

I am dealing with the same thing.

I was there when Ram insulted my boyfriend 5 times on stage. Told me to leave him. I stood by him.

Lets see if he sticks by me, now that I think its all been BS
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

I wonder why Ramtha would find it necessary or wise to spend time getting involved in the personal relationships of earthly human beings?

With the supposed doomsday scenario about to unwrap on June 15, 2011, it seems like Ramtha ought to be pretty busy now: UFOs to unleash from Mt. Fuji to sink Japan, shutting down german nuclear power plants, sinking Europe, splitting North America, keeping track of planet Nabiru, checking the galactic plane alignment, getting Yelm's subterranean rollers ready, and much else to prepare.

Of course, it isn't Ramtha telling you to dump your man, but rather the human JZ playing manipulative games, using students as emotional toys.

Vanilla, you have my most sincere prayers for the continuity and stability of your relationship and that your wonderful new child will continue to have the benefit of both a loving Mom and a loving Dad present.
ex

Unread post by ex »

the death of loved ones, divorces drive people into cults. if you r happy and contend with a partner you have no motive to question your live. like a lawyer who lives from conflict and misery between people.
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

Do not give up. Do not give up.

People have minds. If you present your evidence, the truth..the only truth. Jz is not Ramtha. Slowly they will question it. They will see.

Hey what about all the times Ram was wrong? Remember those?

How come he said this, and it never happened?

Do you know that there have many doomsday cults, just like this, where they believed aliens would lift the GOOD people off?

Why do you want to believe in something, the unknown, you can never understand?

Return to “Family Members, Friends, Educators and the Cult Experience”