divorce from a current Ramtha student

How to help if you have family or friends in RSE.
dimensions

divorce from a current Ramtha student

Unread post by dimensions »

I am in the process of a divorce from a current Ramtha student. Anyone had the same experience? Anything can help me. Thanks.
Kelku

Re: divorce from a current Ramtha student

Unread post by Kelku »

Hello and welcome Dimensions,

maybe it would be of help if you'd share a bit about yourself and your current situation and what exactly worries you.
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.”
- Sophocles
tree

Unread post by tree »

it's like dealing with a drunk.

There is no sane way to communicate with them.

Draw your boundaries for YOU. do not empathize with the RSE student in any way. It will do no good.

Think of ALL the outcomes that would best benefit YOU. Because the RSE student (in just a couple of days, weeks, months - if not now)
truly not does give a crap about anyone but themselves.
Watcher7

Unread post by Watcher7 »

Wow ,that must have hurt.
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

That has been my experience also Tree.
Keep the greater good at heart.
Shocked

Unread post by Shocked »

Sorry I can't help you Dimensions but it is something I have put off I have not proceeded because I actually get anxiety thinking about having to deal with it but it is something I will have to do. Anybody have any recommendations on a lawyer? I do have a question about divorce, do you have to go to court? There is no property, no money or no children. I guess I am asking what really happens in a divorce?
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

depends on your state/county. some counties have classes on how to file. check it out online. yours would be a simple divorce.
Keep the greater good at heart.
Shocked

Unread post by Shocked »

I will check into this free me now, yes, mine should be very simple, I just don't want and drama!!!
Elizabeth

Unread post by Elizabeth »

I've got the contact info of a woman in the Olympia area who acts as a divorce consultant for women--it's her business, I know her personally and her job is to provide advice regarding lawyers/children/finances, all the things that you wished you already knew. But no, it's not ramster oriented.

I don't want to post her info on here b/c I don't want to commercialize this forum. PM me if you'd like her contact info. And moderators please delete if this is inappropriate. And guys, sorry, I don't have contact info for you.
Lost in Space

Unread post by Lost in Space »

I mainly know about Canadian law, but laws in the USA are quite similar. The only grounds for divorce worth pursuing, even if there was infidelity or mental/physical/emotional abuse, is separation of one year. There is often a division of property statement required and there may still be provisions in some States for spousal support. Usually the best way to bypass this requirement is to file a mutual or joint petition for divorce, also sometimes called a no-fault divorce petition, the this requires the willingness and participation of the person you are divorcing. Although it is generally recommended that you hire a lawyer, it is possible to get a 'do it yourself divorce kit' which contains a basic outline of your rights, the steps you need to take, and the forms that must be completed and filed with the court, and I suggest you get one (available at stationary stores, post offices and major book retailers) even if you do plan to consult a lawyer. When I was getting divorced the lawyer I consulted had a standard operating procedure - the first appointment is free - and I recommend that you at least get your free initial appointment from any local lawyer because I don't think my lawyer was unique in this respect. I don't know what it's like to divorce a Ramster but I know what it's like to divorce a person and Ramsters are still people, right?

Return to “Family Members, Friends, Educators and the Cult Experience”