Update?

How to help if you have family or friends in RSE.
Marie

Update?

Unread post by Marie »

hi everyone,

I was just curious if anyone has heard what the latest rumblings at the ranch are, as far as teachings etc...Same old stuff, variations on the same old stuff, or anything new... The reason I ask, is because I understand that my mother has been attending a lot of events since she moved to yelm last year...Since she's not living with me anymore, I feel in the dark about what her current mindset might be...She was suposed to come for a visit this past summer but of course cancelled that....and now she is saying she's coming for a MONTH in November but the last I heard from her was last week just before she was going to an event when she said she'd call me after the event.....I doubt she'll come for the visit, but I guess I was wondering if she was afraid to leave yelm, because of TDC crap.... :roll:

Thanks!

M.
"That's me in the corner -- losing my religion" -- REM
Kensho

Unread post by Kensho »

Hello Marie,

2009 @ RSE has primarily been promoting the idea that by increasing one's focus ability (the ability to hold onto one thought to the exclusion of all else), one can move their mind (and even body) into the infra-red realm and beyond. By RSE definition this infra-red realm or infra-red level is a future time-space; all other 'realms' above this three dimensional one are in the future according to RSE doctrine.

So now there are followers who have deluded themselves into the belief that they have had or are having out of body experiences and that they have lived these experiences in the future. They may also believe that they have manipulated the future to be as they choose it to be, so now all that they need to do is to walk into it in this present time to have the experience of their own creation.

The events at RSE now as before, are more or less prolonged sessions of practicing 'focus' through different exercises, known there as disciplines. Followers may spend hours every day during events or at home engaged in the disciplines.
A dedicated student would be expected to perform the following each day as a minimum:

-upon rising, create and proclaim how they will live that day.
-before or after creating the day, sit still and focus for 45 minutes or more on the western sky and hold an illusionary symbol there which represents a desire that they have.
-walk while in a trance for 30-45 minutes proclaiming who they are (want to be).

After breakfast they would be expected to schedule into the rest of their day at least another 3 hours of focus practice in the form of disciplines. Currently staring at a candle while holding a thought is promoted heavily. In 2008 it was the proclamation walk, as well as gambling and accomplishing things blindgolded like perfoming archery or finding one's way through a maze. In 2007 it was all about creating wealth, studying RSE's version of neuroscience and training the mind to see through the backs of playing cards....
-At the end of each day another period of time would be spent repeating the practice of staring at the sky (this time the eastern sky) while holding an illusionary symbol there.

Each year it seems that there is a basic practice wrapped around a 'phenomenon' that one or more followers have apparently attained; like seeing through cards, being able to predict the numbers on roulette, winning at poker, hitting an archery target while blindfolded, finding a card on a fence while blindfolded, finding their way through a maze while blindfolded, healing their body of a disease, manifesting wealth etc.

The current mindset of your dear mother may very well be like that of most other dedicated followers of RSE. The belief that if they just do the disciplines more (it is common to hear from the founder of RSE that the followers are not doing enough, not dedicated enough etc), that they will get all their wishes fulfilled. This is based upon the belief that by doing disciplines, one can train the mind to be so powerful that it becomes the realization of god and through that, the person can create their reality.
This belief may run along side, and in competition with the frustration of not attaining the expected reward.

Unfortunately the best way to get along with your mother for the time being may be to play along with her so that you continue to be the unconditional love that she has been told that she must/will attain through attendance at RSE. So long as she is convinced that Ramtha is a god that has the power to either make her dreams come true, or that Ramtha has the knowledge of how to teach her to do it for herself, she is unlikely to respond to any other idea coming from your side.

There is always the possibility that she might be open to looking at EMF or getting some professional help...but if I recall how I was when I was dedicated to RSE, there wasn't much that I would have voluntarily engaged other than what RSE approved of and promoted. :oops: Thankfully it only took a small shift of awareness to begin the process of leaving RSE and that came spontaneously. It seems that it was like that for many who have left RSE as well. Your mother will probably begin to have some doubts at some point as well but it may take some time (2-3 years is the average time that people spend in a cult).

It does seem that RSE and its founder are finally winding down. Your mother will need a kind heart to embrace her and an understanding shoulder to lean on when either the RSE abandons her or she abandons it. May that heart and shoulder be yours, for simply in being concerned for her now, you reveal that you will be strong enough to support her when that time comes.

Best wishes and much love to you.
unbound
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

Good morning, Unbound...

Thank you for your kind reply. I have not posted here regularly for awhile so you probably don't know my story, but my mother has been involved with rse for about 9 years....My sister has been involved for about 20 years, the first 10 or so being video tapes and books, attending the events at the ranch for about the last 9, with my mother. Mom moved to Yelm last September...she is 75 and I have come to accept that she will likely live out the remainder of her life there, possibly without me seeing her again. I am on the east coast and that kind of travel is not easily available to me for job and financial reasons. Mom knew this when she moved, choosing to abandon the relationship she and I had, and the relationship she had with my son, her only grandchild....My sister and her husband recently sold their house and moved there this month. My mother and sister have been endoctrinating my aunt and her husband for the past couple of years and they have made visits to Yelm, but to my knowledge have not yet attended events....We are no longer close, however, as they have made it clear they consider me a hurtful, negative influence because I do not embrace rse.

Usually I read this board for information on what's going on at rse, as it somehow helps me feel more connected to those I have lost, to know what they're thinking and feeling reminds that they are still around. I'm not sure how healthy that is, but for now, emf is my only connection with my family....... I guess I also like know what's going on as it holds out hope to me that one day the teachings may be about loving family as much as they do rse....Yeah, foolish as that sounds.... :lol:...Yeah :sad: I do have this image of all of them laying on their beds all day, in their rooms, doing 'disciplines"...like something you'd see in a sci fi movie....living their lives only in their heads...
Compassion

WOW!

Unread post by Compassion »

[quote="unbound"]Hello Marie,

Unbound,
That was magnificently and beautiful put. WOW! Speaking right from the depths of spirit.
Thank you.

How long were you in RSE?

Compassion
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Quote: ""living their lives only in their heads...""

Another sequel to The Matrix series!
;-)
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

G --

I saw "Surrogates" recently and that's what it reminded me of! No one actually DOES anything they all just stay in their rooms, in their pajamas and live their lives through surrogate robots they are hooked up to!... at the end -- spoiler alert --they all come wandering out into the street in bathrobes!.... :roll: :lol:
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

I have got to see that one! :lol: So they all ""awaken?"" Gives new meaning to jzrk's frequent shouting WAKE UP! in the midst of one of her winding senseless discourses. I remember listening and then wondering to myself, ""what did she just say"?

:roll:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

Yes, a still hot looking Bruce Willis saves the day!.... :lol:
Caterpillar

Unread post by Caterpillar »

Hello Unbound

You have mentioned ?2-3 years is the average time that people spend in a cult?.

Just wondering where you got that info from?

All our RSE friends including ourselves have gone past the average by many years.
Kensho

Unread post by Kensho »

I read that somewhere on EMF shortly after I left RSE. It made me laugh a bit because I remember thinking, "Oh fine...I'm right on track then..." because I was in for three years and a bit.

Opinions do differ with respect to the length of time one spends in a cult. Here is another opinion:

The "average length of membership" in a cult is about 6.79 years (Ch ambers et al 4). Marlene Jones-Skurtu, author of How To Keep Your Kids From Falling Into Cults, lived with a cult known as the Children of God or the Family for ten years. Speaking from her own experience, she suggests that the three most frequently asked questions to ex-cultists are why they joined, why and how they left the group, and why they stayed so long (Jones-Skurtu).

Qoted from:
Cult Awareness & Info Centre
http://www.culthelp.info/index.php?opti ... 8&Itemid=8

Much love
Dove

Unread post by Dove »

Dear Marie

Take heart - chances are your mother & sister will soon see the light. Up to a few months ago I was a dedicated student (like many others who write here) I would have studied full time with Ramtha had the opportunity arisen. Fortunately there are so many discrepancies, JZ's behaviour is so erratic that people do seem to wake up.

Greg Simmons said that approximately 55-57000 people have been through RSE over the years - the current student numbers are nothing like that, so obviously most people wake up or see the truth eventually. This site is such a valuable place for students to come to when having doubts.

As you are aware Ramtha has made many outrageous predictions for the near future (many that have not manifested to date) so chances are many more people will have to wake up when these predictions don't happen (yet again!) Hopefully your mother & sister will be part of this group.

In hindsight I am so grateful to my family & friends that put up with my Ramtha craziness, and just allowed me to go through it .... they (to me) are the epitome of love, not Ramtha.
Dove

Unread post by Dove »

ps. if forgot to add "I hope when your mother does exit RSE that she realises how lucky she is to have such a loving, caring daughter."
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

I agree with Dove. Marie, your mother will realize how fortunate she is when that day arrives.
Caterpillar

Hello Marie

Thank you for your efforts in understanding your family?s involvement with RSE. That is beneficial in your communications with them, and may help them leave RSE eventually.

P.S. Looking forward to watching "Surrogates". :D
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

Thank you!... :lol:
Caterpillar

Hi Marie

Here are some topics mainly from Blue College events recently at Ramtha TV.

http://www.ramtha.com/email/09-22-09_ra ... nline.html

The last one on Oct 24 is called ?Displacing the Personality?. I wonder if one becomes a ?zombie? as a consequence!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie

Return to “Family Members, Friends, Educators and the Cult Experience”