Statistics and RSE Staff

Ex-students can discuss their experiences with negative interactions from staff; former, current or volunteer positions.
Wakeup-Call

Statistics and RSE Staff

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

This one bugs me... JZ's Beverly Hills PR person is now using Greg Simmon's statement of statistics.

He says that 84-90% of students attending a beginning retreat say it was the best week of their life so far.

What does 84-90% mean?

Can he really, truly not know how to do the math behind percentages? Pick a number, Greg. How can you end up with a range? Take the total number of people you got to nod their heads "yes" to your question, divided by the total number of people in the audience. Not the best science by any means, but you'd at least get your math correct.

Or do you mean that at every single event, you're able to get between 84-90% of the people to agree with you?

Nonetheless, it is a meaningless statistic as it is presented. Please add "I have always been a math and statistics genius" to your list, Greg. Or if you have too much doubt to manifest that, try "I have always been able to calculate basic arithmetic formulas accurately"

Better yet, if Greg is truly the marketing genius he claims to be...why doesn't he say "...up to 99% of the people who attend a beginning retreat say it was the best week of their life so far"... then the answer can be ANY freakin' percentage and the "up to" wording is his disclaimer that he didn't lie.

Oops, my bad... I assumed he would have a problem with being a liar. I forgot he doesn't stop anyone from calling him a doctor when he doesn't even bother to get a phony credential. He only has to hold the idea of being a Dr. in his consciousness and remember that he got a doctorate at some point in his life, and one day he will look on the wall of his office and see his Harvard PHD diploma.
tree

Unread post by tree »

He only has to hold the idea of being a Dr. in his consciousness and remember that he got a doctorate at some point in his life, and one day he will look on the wall of his office and see

bhwa! hahah!
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

<<<He>>>

Laughing with Tree - and the diploma will be written with crayolas and be the size of a 5 x 7 inch index card....
(using a plastic bag as the "frame").....

:wink: :wink: :wink:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Wakeup said, "Better yet, if Greg is truly the marketing genius he claims to be...why doesn't he say "...up to 99% of the people who attend a beginning retreat say it was the best week of their life so far"... then the answer can be ANY freakin' percentage and the "up to" wording is his disclaimer that he didn't lie"

Okay, Wakeup. Now look what you started ! You know that RSE reads this forum. They'll steal your brilliant idea, and call it their own. You won't even get the royalties as the owner.

Greg lie ?
I heard Greg lie. I won't elaborate on that, but it's TRUE. Tsk, tsk.
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

haha on the Diploma image!

Whatcha - haha - I'd be impressed with the RSE drones if they stole the idea. But my experience with the likes of Greg, Steve Klein and Mike Wright is that they'd rather eat nails than admit their original ideas could use any improvement. Greg's the next Christ, remember? What would I know. 84-90% is probably a genius method of statistical communication in the 23rd universe and he is on the leading edge introducing it to this plain from his travels in the Void.

omg, I'm scaring myself with my RSE justifications...
tree

Unread post by tree »

they'd rather eat nails than admit their original ideas could use any improvement
omg.sooo true. UNLESS it came from the Emporess herself.
Then of course, they go back to their office, think to themselves, " I gave her that idea MONTHS ago. " but then they say.
"Wow, SHe is SUCH a genius. I KNOW, one day, my I. Q. will always have been that of JZ's. So Be it!"

Return to “About Staff & Cult Leaders: Its All About Me”