Unidentified posters/bloggers speach

Please support the RSE whistleblowers and citizen journalism and voice your concerns here. Act collectively and hold JZ Knight and the Thurston County public officials accountable for fraud and human rights abuse at RSE. This is about accountability and pursuing justice.
Qui tacet consentire
WofthesunEofthemoon

Unidentified posters/bloggers speach

Unread post by WofthesunEofthemoon »

I have just asked the moderators to remove two of my posts which made a statement with regard to what I had observed on a video of JZ Knight - "I am having a good time".

Individual posters and bloggers can be, and often are, sued for damaging comments against even public figures such as JZ, unless they can be proven to be the truth. I thought my comments probably could be......in the end. But what of in the meantime?!! So, please do all be aware of prefacing and conjoining any remarks you want to make with comments such as "In my humble opinion", "it appeared to me", "I am not stating for a fact,..." Etc. Unless you are, of course, and can give personal testimony.

Being successfully sued can result in massive, massive fines. You can call anyone any names you want, but you cannot accuse them of having committed a crime (such as taking drugs, or being a murderer) without absolute proof. So, only accusations which are true, and which can be expensive to prove, should be made on-line.

W.E
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: Unidentified posters/bloggers speach

Unread post by David McCarthy »

How To Use The Washington Anti-SLAPP Statute
The Washington anti-SLAPP statute gives you the ability to file a motion to strike (I.e., to dismiss) a complaint brought against you for engaging in protected speech or petition activity (discussed above). If you are served with a complaint that you believe to be a SLAPP, you should seek legal assistance immediately. Successfully filing and arguing a motion to strike can be complicated, and you and your lawyer need to move quickly to avoid missing important deadlines. You should file your motion to strike under the anti-SLAPP statute within sixty days of being served with the complaint. (Note that if the plaintiff serves you with an amended complaint, the 60-day deadline will run from service of the amendment.) A court may also allow you to file the motion after sixty days, but there is no guarantee that it will do so. Keep in mind that, although hiring legal help is expensive, you can recover your attorneys' fees if you win your motion.

One of the benefits of the anti-SLAPP statute is that it enables you to get the SLAPP suit dismissed quickly. After receiving your motion to strike, the court must hold a hearing on your motion within thirty days, unless the court's docket is overbooked. Until your motion is decided, all discovery and other hearings will be stayed (unless the plaintiff can show good cause for continuing some discovery).

Washington courts follow a two-step process when deciding a motion to strike under the anti-SLAPP law. First, you (as the party looking to invoke the anti-SLAPP statute) must show by a preponderance of the evidence that the plaintiff's claim is based on your speech protected as involving public participation. (See above.) Once you successfully show that your online writing involves public participation, the burden shifts to the plaintiff for step two. The plaintiff must clearly show “by clear and convincing evidence a probability” of winning the lawsuit; if the plaintiff fails to show this, the court will dismiss the claim.

Whoever loses the motion to strike (either you or the plaintiff) has the right to an immediate appeal

Anti-SLAPP Law in Washington | Citizen Media Law Project
http://www.citmedialaw.org/legal-guide/ ... washington
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Thank you for your post WofthesunEofthemoon

We are aware that user anonymity on EMF may be abused by any poster to write defamatory / untrue posts.
And we do take our obligations very seriously to keep the truth about JZK clear of lies and misdirection.
Something 'Trolls' inflict with great damage on EMF if the moderators are not diligent.
We take this issue very seriously.
A claim of defamation involves an untrue statement that damages a person's reputation.
Remember...If is true then it is not defamation.

If ANYONE has a complaint of a post on EMF it is a simple matter for them contact EMF admin and request its removal.
RSE staff have in the past accused EMF of defamation,
I immediately called upon JZK to point out the offending post and I will remove it, if indeed it was defamation.

No response from JZK was forthcoming.

David
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Copied from EE..
When you make opinions about illegal activity at RSE without first hand knowledge please include, "in my opinion" or "I believe". Just a precaution.
Thank you Virginia... :idea:
Cheryl

Unread post by Cheryl »

Question...how do you edit a post?i want to add the word humble in front of 'opinion.' :-)
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Phone hacking and pretexting to obtain unauthorized access to Internet service records or e-mail accounts are serious crimes. I hope that Knight's or JZK Inc's private investigators are not engaging in such practices. If hacking and/or pretexting is going on, the practitioners deserve to receive the harshest penalties available.
WofthesunEofthemoon

Unread post by WofthesunEofthemoon »

Following my last post on EMF's Legal Notices Board, I just want to add that at the moment I am asking my service provider to investigate the possibility that somebody has been hacking my BlackBerry 'phone in an endeavour to obtain personal details about me, with regard to EMF.

If this should turn out to be the case, and should this have anything to do with RSE, then they should be aware that this is a far greater offence than someone blogging in a questionably defamatory way!! Just saying. RSE, you should be warned!!!

W.E

Return to “Lawsuits & Court cases - JZK,Inc - latest lawsuit - RSE Music Copyright Infringments”