When was the RSE (COP) introduced?

Please support the RSE whistleblowers and citizen journalism and voice your concerns here. Act collectively and hold JZ Knight and the Thurston County public officials accountable for fraud and human rights abuse at RSE. This is about accountability and pursuing justice.
Qui tacet consentire
David McCarthy
Site Admin

When was the RSE (COP) introduced?

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Does anyone recall the year when JZK first introduced the RSE (COP) 'Conditions of Participation' Document?
I believe it was around 1998-2000,
sparked by Joe Dispenza going solo and then kicked out of RSE :roll:

Thanks

David

Related:
(EMF) Online Forum • View topic - RSE Conditions of Participation Doc Review by U.S. Lawyers
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1594
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Ockham

Re: When was the RSE (COP) introduced?

Unread post by Ockham »

I believe the COP document was revamped to something close to the existing form in the fall of 2007. While I am not and have not ever been a participant in RSE, I was in Yelm on, I believe, October 4, 2007, and observed that everybody entering RSE's grounds was being required to sign what was said to be a revamped agreement. It did not matter if the participants had previously attended or not, they were required to sign.

It was clearly a duress situation, as there was no opportunity to given the to participants to study and understand what they were being required to sign and there was no suitable place to review the document, as the agreements consisted of soggy papers on card tables set up outside in the blustery fall weather. The COP documents were not made available until the participants were physically waiting at the entrance of the RSE facility. Given that RSE has a no refund policy once an event has been purchased, and participants were traveling great distances, such as from Australia, there was little choice but to accept the COP under duress or risk wasting thousands of dollars in course fees, travel expenses, visa paperwork and lodging. Some RSE participants are not speakers of english as a mother tongue, and there was no effort in evidence being made to assure that those foreigners were given any assistance to understand what they were being asked to sign.

No doubt, RSE must have thought there was some breathing room in whatever the prior language of the COP had been, and they were seeking to further hem in the souls unfortunate enough to be suckered into paying good money to listen to Judy Knight and company's horse shit. Heaven forbid that word ever get out that what you get sold at RSE is expensive horse shit.

Return to “Lawsuits & Court cases - JZK,Inc - latest lawsuit - RSE Music Copyright Infringments”