Hello all, this is Breckan, the attorney for Enlightened Europa.

Please support the RSE whistleblowers and citizen journalism and voice your concerns here. Act collectively and hold JZ Knight and the Thurston County public officials accountable for fraud and human rights abuse at RSE. This is about accountability and pursuing justice.
Qui tacet consentire
Breckan

Hello all, this is Breckan, the attorney for Enlightened Europa.

Unread post by Breckan »

Hello all, this is Breckan, the attorney for Enlightened Europa. It was suggested I provide this update here as well, as we had a hearing on our Motion to Quash the Facebook subpoena and Motion for Protective Order. This is the update I posted on EE:

Good news!! The judge granted the motion to quash as to all the info except ip addresses and mac addresses...no personal info, identities, email, phone, etc are subject to disclosure anymore. If they are able to match an ip address to unauthorized access to the live event, then they will need to go back to the court for authorization to obtain additional info as to that ip address holder only. The judge also did not strike the declarations, and found that the declarations supported that there are privacy concerns at issue. This is a win, we successfully stopped Jzk from unnecessary intrusion. It was a fair, and very tailored/restrictive ruling regarding what they can do. Congrats everyone!

Please feel free to repost this elsewhere if there is a more appropriate forum to do so.

-Breckan
newshoes

Hello all, this is Breckan, the attorney for Enlightened Eur

Unread post by newshoes »

Talking about fear again.

If jzk can have access to ip addresses then for many of us it is not hard to figure out who someone is. I know from looking at blog stats on the backside of a website that some people can be deduced from location and server names.

I do feel very uncomfortable now.

NS
Breckan

Unread post by Breckan »

To clarify, the Judge specifically ruled that JZK, Inc. could not seek out additional information, such as location/addresses/names/etc, with the IP addresses UNTIL they identified a match as to an unauthorized access of the 2012 live event.

If they do find a match, they then have to go back to the Court to get another subpoena to get the identifying information. If JZK, Inc. is stupid enough to go against a Court Order and obtain individual identifying information without the threshold showing of the IP match...well, I would not want to be the attorney on the other side of the bench from the Judge when it's brought before the Court.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Welcome to EMF and THANK YOU Breckan Scott and to EE members,
From all of us on EMF, past, present and future..... :idea:
If jzk can have access to ip addresses then for many of us it is not hard to figure out who someone is.
Hi newshoes
JZK chasing down IP addresses at this point will all the more turn the attention to the RSE videotapes that contain questionable illegal activities matched with atrocious, disgusting and destructive behavior at RSE. This is what JZK is so angry about and is using every dirty trick to keep the world from seeing who and what she really is.
Too late Judith....
Your reaching beyond your RSE compound to punish those for exposing your cruelty and deceptions will continue to backfire
as a loose cannon on your sinking ship.
The tide is turning...

David
Breckan Scott:
"Chances are, when you find yourself in need of an attorney, you may be feeling stressed, nervous, and completely overwhelmed. You need someone who can get you through what may be one of the most difficult times in your life. Someone who is not only competent, but someone you can trust. Someone who you can rely on to help take some of the burden of that stress off of you so you can get on living your life, securely knowing that your interests are being protected."
Yelm, Washington Criminal Defense/Personal Injury Attorney/Lawyer
Email: info@breckanlaw.com
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
newshoes

Re: Hello all, this is Breckan, the attorney for Enlightened

Unread post by newshoes »

I do have the ' tide is turning' feeling.

And I know that a lot of damage can be done in the throes of burning up and losing it.

My IP address matches rse records, since it hasn't changed in ages, and I used it it watch a stream in Feb '11. Sadly. Very long drunken ramble.

Yet I am confident that this is the swan song of jzkr/rse.

Hold on to your hat, as a old friend used to say. :-)

I'm not that concerned, now. I don't feel alone. Thanks to everyone here.

It will come around right, and soon.

NS
freemysoul

Unread post by freemysoul »

David or Breckan,
Can you please help us understand what it means by 'the judge did not strike the declarations'. What are the declarations, and what does this mean? Thank you for your time and support.
Freemysoul
Spud

Unread post by Spud »

Thank you all from EMF and EE you are awesome and I am so grateful to be a part of this honorable group!!!!
tree

Unread post by tree »

Breckan Scott
Good news!! The judge granted the motion to quash as to all the info except ip addresses and mac addresses...no personal info, identities, email, phone, etc are subject to disclosure anymore. If they are able to match an ip address to unauthorized access to the live event, then they will need to go back to the court for authorization to obtain additional info as to that ip address holder only. The judge also did not strike the declarations, and found that the declarations supported that there are privacy concerns at issue. This is a win, we successfully stopped Jzk from unnecessary intrusion. It was a fair, and very tailored/restrictive ruling regarding what they can do. Congrats everyone

Virginia Coverdale
I will let Breckan Scott speak to most of this when she gets home. Today was a mixed bag of rulings with mostly a win for our side on the most important issues. Although we were denied and granted different aspects of the motion for protective order in that the judge is allowing JZK INC to retrieve IP addresses, he is not allowing them to get names, account information, correspondence of any kind- now or seemingly in the future- unless something peculiar is found by the IP addresses. What JZK Inc is looking for, so they say, is if any IP addresses match up to any multiple viewings of live streams. Yeah, good luck finding much less proving that one. In that limited capacity Facebook will be able to give them just that. Also the judge ruled that he does not want deposition transcripts disseminated but said either side is welcome to speak out publicly on these subjects. He said he read every declaration and he agrees that some measure of privacy should be granted he did not grant that on the basis of religious or medical (HIPPA) bases, just in regards to what he read in the declarations and the assumed privacy. He said there is no proof that they are infiltraiting (paraphrasing all of this of course) but I can tell you he will not be happy if he finds out JZK inc is infiltrating this site since they are denying they currently are doing so. I am not saying you could not be asked questions down the road about ME and regarding ME and my case and that they couldn't potentially subpoena you to answer questions in that regard but I think it is clear that they will have some hoops to go through to prove you have anything to add before doing that. BEFORE JZK INc can do any more to get any personal information of any EE members they would have to go in front of the judge to ask permission. Breckan I'm sure will be available to answer questions and can fix anything there I may have misunderstood. Once again I must say that Breckan did a fantastic job and stopped JZK inc almost in their tracks and deserves tremendous appreciation.

The Declarations are from those of us who wrote in regards to our personal experiences at R$e. They are now a part of the case and the docket.
The judge was a little miffed about the declarations from Brian Keay, Jeff Adams and Joe Sz because they came across a bit as knowing more than the judge in regards to case law.

Mind you, writing these declarations had the potential to be smeared by the opposing counsel.
It was a huge risk a few were willing to take.

My thought: You can't take blood from a turnip.
Breckan

Unread post by Breckan »

Exactly what Tree said...

There were some amazingly courageous former members of RSE that came forward and submitted very detailed sworn declarations regarding their experiences with RSE...the fear, the doomsday predictions, losing friends/family/loved ones when they were induced to move to Yelm, the serious health consequences of being told not to seek medical attention, the fear/PTSD/other diagnoses related to RSE, the harm caused by RSE events - e.g. wine ceremonies, the tank, etc. etc., as well as some incredibly personal stories (I won't share details - although these people probably have already shared on EMF elsewhere, I don't feel comfortable sharing details of declarations submitted in court, which might match too much and thus out people who are on here anonymously). Declarations of people who lost thousands of dollars, their lives, their individualism, their critical thinking ability - it was very, very powerful to read 100 pages of testimony about RSE.

Point is, they opened this door by subpoenaing a private recovery group, thus requiring us to show why it's a recovery group, which necessarily included showing why these people needed recovery. JZK, Inc. had asked that the Court strike and not consider the declarations (thus, likely also getting them removed from the Court record); the Judge didn't do that, but he did criticize a few comments made by the non-former RSE members (Szim, Keay, and Adams) that weren't really related to the actual harms to former RSE members anyway. Considering he chose a passage from the very first and very last declarations in the stack, I almost think it was also a way to convey that he had read every sentence of each declaration, and, by only criticizing those passages, sent a message that he was giving respect and consideration to the people testifying via declaration about their personal experiences.

It's a pretty big deal to actually get a Judge to read 100+ pages of declarations, plus another 30 pages of motion argument.
freemysoul

Unread post by freemysoul »

Thank you Breckan,
That makes much more sense now.
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

Thank you so much Beckan, for the behalf of us former students!
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

Thank you so much Breckan for all you have done. I am curious if RSE is reconsidering all these lawsuits... The tide has been turning for several weeks now. Greg retired.... Mike Wright was caught misleading people about his credentials...Miceal's past fully exposed.... And a few more indelicacies of other teachers has come out.
The house of cards that is RSE is falling. Except... Boy would I love to see JPee in jail. Esp when I consider the deaths that occurred as a result of RSE brainwashing. I heard somebody mention the words "culpable homicide" .
Hmmm wonder if that one could ever stick to Judith's teflon.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

Judge didn't do that, but he did criticize a few comments made by the non-former RSE members (Szim, Keay, and Adams)
In my case i think the judge was right. I used unecessary legalese in my declaration (on purpose). As I mentioned on EE, the judge had to inform both sides that he is the judge [not me, not Jeff, not Brian]. I see no reason to apologize--it is only a declaration in my words calling it as I see it.
On the witness stand is another matter as real time objections would prevent me from playing lawyer or judge...
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

and I've been on the witness stand both defending myself twice and as a witness at least 6 times since 1987 re cult issues. It always feels awkward, an unnatural way to communicate...
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Represented by the attorney for Enlightened Europa (EE) Brecken Scott,
Virginia Coverdale has filed a lawsuit against JZK,Inc for defamation and damages.

(EMF) Online Forum • View topic - Lawsuit: Virginia Coverdale vs JZK Inc
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2088
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

Lawyer for Virginia Coverdale or for EE? Apparrently there is a difference
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Hello all, this is Breckan, the attorney for Enlightened Europa
April 15th 2013 Breckan Scott filed to represent Virginia Coverdale with her lawsuit against JZK Inc. for defamation and damages.
Does this effect the legal standing/protection of Breckan as the attorney for other EE member's ?
if at all?
Apparently for ethical/legal rules I am not allowed to contact Breckan.
But I think this a fair question of concern for EMF/EE members to ask Brecken directly.

David
Breckan Scott:
"Chances are, when you find yourself in need of an attorney, you may be feeling stressed, nervous, and completely overwhelmed. You need someone who can get you through what may be one of the most difficult times in your life. Someone who is not only competent, but someone you can trust. Someone who you can rely on to help take some of the burden of that stress off of you so you can get on living your life, securely knowing that your interests are being protected."
Yelm, Washington Criminal Defense/Personal Injury Attorney/Lawyer
Email: info@breckanlaw.com
Jeff Adams

Unread post by Jeff Adams »

FYI: The thing the judge was upset with me about was the statement, (R$E) "has learned to manipulate the legal system." He took that to mean he, personally, was being manipulated. I subsequently sent a sincere letter of apology, telling the truth that I was not intending to insult him by suggesting the lawyers for JZK, Inc. or JZK, Inc. were trying to manipulate him, personally. I believe there is a long track record of R$E trying to manipulate the legal system before this case ever began.
On Friday, May 3, 2013, there was another court hearing with JZK, Inc. and the same judge. The court records indicate some from the R$E camp may have been attempting to manipulate the legal system by trying to force someone to give up information which could compromise an ongoing investigation which may point back to R$E. To me it looks as if R$E was trying to use the system to dismantle an investigation which may incriminate them. The judge did not allow it! I think we're dealing with a pretty smart judge, here!
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

That is good news Jeff. I think it is a good thing you said what you did because lots of people have had those thoughts... That JZK Inc is manipulating the legal system somehow...

By your mentioning it to the judge, though he was on the defensive, I think it let him know the world is watching what happens in these Yelm court hearings.

And the world certainly is watching! Keep us posted
Alpha

Unread post by Alpha »

Breckan wrote:Exactly what Tree said...

There were some amazingly courageous former members of RSE that came forward and submitted very detailed sworn declarations regarding their experiences with RSE...the fear, the doomsday predictions, losing friends/family/loved ones when they were induced to move to Yelm, the serious health consequences of being told not to seek medical attention, the fear/PTSD/other diagnoses related to RSE, the harm caused by RSE events - e.g. wine ceremonies, the tank, etc. etc., as well as some incredibly personal stories (et cetera)
I am applauding Breckan in helping so many, as well as David. There is one woman (whom I don't want to go too much into detail about, to respect her privacy as well as not to have current RSE students hone on her) who is now almost blind in one eye due to damage caused at a blindfold event; who was paralyzed from the neck down in a wine ceremony, asked for help and never received it; is still experiencing PTSD and the list of ailments goes on. She is just one of others who have contacted me. I'm on the boards as mediator for now, but what help and closure can these people contacting me receive, if they're bound by some contract they've signed excluding JZ Knight from any accountability?

I have received emails by some that have chosen to 'forgive' but this action, as noble as it may seem, doesn't alleviate the tremendous damage that these people have suffered. Even though going to RSE was of their own admission, I don't understand how any law can dismiss the fact that even if people are invited to a "public school" and then mistreated in abusive ways, that the owner and coordinators should be exempted from having to face responsibility (?) RSE seems to work in a role reversal procedure that all students damaged are the ones responsible for their own maledictions.

I do understand that JZ Knight would be ridden with more lawsuits than what she could count in her lifetime if such a contract between student and school would not be pulled out, but what of those students who were purposefully threatened and honed on, and then abuse came about? Does this absolve JZ Knight? Would such a contract still hold in a court of law? If laws destroy, they shouldn't exist, but clearly redefined and changed.

Thank you Breckan for the assistance which you've provided, and I will encourage more ex-students to face their fears and to step forward.

Alpha/Omega
The root matters.

Return to “Lawsuits & Court cases - JZK,Inc - latest lawsuit - RSE Music Copyright Infringments”