JZK, Inc. Suing Thurston County Over Public Records Request

Please support the RSE whistleblowers and citizen journalism and voice your concerns here. Act collectively and hold JZ Knight and the Thurston County public officials accountable for fraud and human rights abuse at RSE. This is about accountability and pursuing justice.
Qui tacet consentire
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

R$E 'The Shame of the Prairie' ..

We will see where this one ends up...
Nisqually Valley News: Local News Wednesday, October 23, 2013
By Steven Wyble swyble@yelmonline.com YelmOnline.com

JZK, Inc. is suing Thurston County, seeking an injunction to stop the release of a letter to the county from a Yelm physician.
The letter was sent by Dr. Brian Keay to Dr. Diana Yu, the health officer for the Thurston County Public Health and Social Services Department, regarding practices at JZ Knight’s Ramtha School of Enlightenment in Yelm. Keay, according to lawyers for JZK, Inc., was Knight’s physician at one time.
JZK, Inc. was notified by the county in an Oct. 1 letter that the county’s Board of Commissioners received a public records request for correspondence between the board and any employee of JZK, Inc. or the Ramtha School of Enlightenment, Jeffrey Grant, a lawyer for JZK, Inc., stated in court documents.
The company later learned the request was made by former RSE student Virginia Coverdale.
The letter stated the county intended to send records it found “responsive” unless a protective order was granted by the court.
Initially, the company sought to block most of the 675 pages of documents the county intended to release, because the county indicated the request was for “documents containing correspondence between … (Thurston County Board of Commissioners) and any employee of JZK, Inc., Ramtha School of Enlightenment (RSE)., etc.”
The company argued most of the documents, which included internal communication between county employees, was not responsive to the request.
Grant said Wednesday morning the company narrowed its effort to block release of the documents after seeing a copy of the public records request. He said the request sought documents referring to JZK, Inc. and its employees and Ramtha. Most of the documents did pertain to that request, he said.
The one document that JZK, Inc. still argues is exempt is the letter from Keay.
Grant said the letter has “a lot of information” about Knight’s physical and mental condition.
“The fact that he is a health care provider that was hers for awhile and then is writing to a third party without her permission, with her medical information, was completely out of bounds,” Grant said.
As far as he knows, Knight was not a patient at the time Keay sent the letter, Grant said, but he argues Keay would still be prohibited from sending such a letter.
“Once you’re somebody’s physician … you can’t share information about them with third parties without their permission,” he said.
He said the letter does not belong in the public domain as a public record.
The county argues the letter isn’t exempted. Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Donald Peters states in court documents the letter “addresses concerns for students of the ‘RSE.’”
“Any reference to the person of JZ Knight is in conjunction with the concerns about the students of RSE,” he states. “This memorandum appears to be anecdotal opinions of a local doctor.
Unless it is established by the Plaintiff that Dr. Keay is the physician treating JZ Knight, and/or that any of the students of the RSE are seeking disclosure as patients of Dr. Keay, the document does not appear to be a ‘medical record’ wherein JZK, Inc. has an expectation of privacy as defined by Federal or State statutes.”

Nisqually Valley News: Local News
http://www.yelmonline.com/news/local_ne ... f887a.html
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
FreeNow

Re: JZK, Inc. Suing Thurston County Over Public Records Requ

Unread post by FreeNow »

Yeah, that letter ought to be interesting, but why was it written in the first place?
Keep the greater good at heart.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

It sounds to me like RSE is shooting itself in the foot on this issue. The content of the doctor's missive sounds like it is probably mundane, based on the county's remarks. By putting up a fuss, RSE is going to make everybody think there is titillating dirt to be hidden, even if there isn't any dirt. Good job RSE; masters of public perception as always!
David McCarthy
Site Admin

School: Judge Delays Release of Physician’s Letter

School: Judge Delays Release of Physician’s Letter
I look forward to the day when reporters such as Steven Wyble stop referring to RSE as a school!!
This lends a false sense of legitimacy to a corrupt multi-million dollar entertainment business selling goods and services to a customer base.
I just hope Judge Erick Price overturns the JZK, Inc. injunction to halt disclosure of Dr. Brian Keay's letter and releases it for public scrutiny.

Thank you Dr. Brian Keay for voicing your concerns and Virginia Coverdale for pursuing this... :idea:

David.
Ramtha School: Judge Delays Release of Physician’s Letter - Nisqually Valley News

County Still Considering Releasing Document Detailing Practices at RSE

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:59 pm
By Steven Wyble swyble@yelmonline.com YelmOnline.com |

Whether a letter sent from a Yelm physician to Thurston County regarding JZ Knight and the Ramtha School of Enlightenment can be released as a public document is still up for debate.

Thurston County Superior Court Judge Erick Price said the briefing by JZK, Inc.’s lawyers was insufficient to make a final decision on the matter.

He said he isn’t sure the court agrees the document is exempt. Washington’s Public Records Act is one of the strongest in the country, he said, and when a document is filed with the government, it’s usually considered a public document.

He said he was issuing an order preventing disclosure of the document until he could make a final judgment on whether a permanent injunction should be ordered.

JZK, Inc. sued the county, seeking a preliminary injunction to stop the release of a letter to the county from a Yelm physician.

The letter was sent by Dr. Brian Keay to Dr. Diana Yu, the health officer for the Thurston County Public Health and Social Services Department, regarding practices at JZ Knight’s Ramtha School of Enlightenment in Yelm. Keay, according to lawyers for JZK, Inc., was Knight’s physician at one time.

JZK, Inc. was notified by the county in an Oct. 1 letter that the county’s Board of Commissioners received a public records request for correspondence between the board and any employee of JZK, Inc. or the Ramtha School of Enlightenment, Jeffrey Grant, a lawyer for JZK, Inc., stated in court documents. The company later learned the request was made by former RSE student Virginia Coverdale.

“Once you’re somebody’s physician … you can’t share information about them with third parties without their permission,” Grant said.

The county argued the letter isn’t exempted. Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Donald Peters states in court documents the letter “addresses concerns for students of the RSE.’”

“Any reference to the person of JZ Knight is in conjunction with the concerns about the students of RSE,” he states. “This memorandum appears to be anecdotal opinions of a local doctor. Unless it is established by the Plaintiff that Dr. Keay is the physician treating JZ Knight, and/or that any of the students of the RSE are seeking disclosure as patients of Dr. Keay, the document does not appear to be a ‘medical record’ wherein JZK, Inc. has an expectation of privacy as defined by Federal or State statutes.”

NV News link:
http://www.yelmonline.com/news/local_ne ... 963f4.html
David McCarthy
Site Admin

An EMF member asked me recently....
what was the result of JZK, Inc. suing Thurston County by seeking an injunction to stop the release of Brian's letter to the county?
JZ Knight Lost.
JZ Knight / JZK, Inc.’s attempt to block the release of a letter by Dr. Brian Keay about RSE failed.
The letter contains accusations against JZ Knight and RSE that JZK/R instructed RSE members to drink a poisonous concoction and to take Prozac.
The letter was finally released to Virginia Coverdale as part of a public records request she made to Thurston County.

THANK YOU Dr. Brian Keay and Virginia Coverdale :idea:

David

Here is that letter....
Thursday, 08 November 2012 ©
Diana Yu, MD, MPH Thurston Co. Health Dept FAX: 360-867-2601
Re:
HEALTH CONCERNS FOR STUDENTS OF RSE

Brian Keay, MD
313 Yelm Avc. W
Yelm, WA 98597-7669
Phone: (360) 458-4100

Dear Diana:
There are increasing concerns about a volatile situation looming here in SE Thurston County. JZ Knight, “spiritual leader” to a reported several thousand followers, has demonstrated progressive evidence of decompensation. For some time, I have been involved with a lady recently out of that “school'’ and have been working with a support group for ex-followers. Much of my information comes from her and the fine people I have met through this support group. I don't know if you have seen the hate speech diatribes recently broadcast during political debate, but this is an escalating feature of recent years.
My concerns arc several:
1) Residents of Yelm have been aware of the gradual deterioration of JZ's health, apparently due to significant alcohol consumption; she is proud to drink 5-7 bottles of wine at a single evening sitting, (reports of as many as 11 with bragging suggestions of other drugs concurrently off stage) followed, of late, by vomiting and urinary incontinence on stage. Her deterioration and current business difficulties have prompted concern by several organizations.
2) JZ Knight “advises” followers as Ramtha©, a supposed 35,000 year old entity who is omniscient, omnipresent — a god to her followers.
3) Several years ago, Ramtha©, told her followers they should all be on Prozac®; my office arid several others had inordinate numbers of requests for this drug. JZ has a nurse practitioner under her wing who likely wrote the majority of prescriptions — so the exact number is a mystery. However, the concern is that hundreds of followers, ill- advised, do not have the where-withal to question such un-educated advice, but flocked to practitioners with their demands simply on the advice of their “spiritual master.” Fluoxetine is noi the major concern; it is the blind obedience JZ/Ramtha© demands that bothers me.
4) A couple years ago, Ramtha© shared “sacred knowledge” telling followers to make a product of precipitated deep ocean (preferably Dead Sea) metals and consume it. One of the principal items used in this manufacture was (non-foodgrade) Red Devil Lye®, an INDUSTRIAL product, not intended for human consumption, with untold industrial contaminants. JZ told followers to ingest at least a
spoonful bid; zealots seeking more rapid “enlightenment" were chugging it There are affidavits that describe reports of ill followers, lots with significant hair loss, and a number of hospital visits. JZ confirmed the potential for medical harm when she told them to stop in '02 because they had “a bad attitude which was making their hair fall out and getting sick.” *
5) Due to regular teachings, numerous people have refused medical treatment and died; the dictum of the school is that death has little meaning, that a true adept should be able to heal themselves — medical attention is too often sought too late if at all. I had one patient with a gonadal malignancy (85% rate of cure via chemo-therapy) choose alternative means’only to beg to come back into my care many months later terminally ill. Reasoning is difficult
6) Because JZ has been placed under inordinate stress, there is great concern for what she might do. We have alerted law enforcement to avoid cornering her in a gathering with any followers. As mentioned, she has regularly taught that death has no significance, this is just one of many stages in life (loose reincarnation). I have heard students say that if Ramtha© told them to drink poison, they would do so. JZ has come under investigation for numerous crimes, all of which seems to be ramping up, (with fire and safety violations, a major Employment Security breach, criminal investigations by both the Sheriffs department and FBI along with civil suits and their recent threatening of students) as her business and health appear to be crumbling.

There is some degree of urgency due to her being cornered — what will she do other next “event”?

So what is my concern? Due to a civil suit, the press is about to be notified of the Red Devil Lye® debacle, and I would like you to be aware of this prior to questions being asked. Tensions are already high at the JZ Knight compound. Is there anything else that can be done to address these concerns? Ideally, if there were some way to restrain further business pending a thorough investigation, that would be optimal. I'm not sure what those of us in the community can do, other than to be alert and t3ke cvrry precaution to not have a Jonestown experience here in Thurston County, being ready to jump wherever we can to assist. Any advice or recommendations you might have would be invaluable. Thanks so much.

Sincerely, Brian Keay MD,
* It was to be done twice a day prior to a spiritual discipline called "thc list.*' (Information on this precipitate can be found on thc Internet by searching ra-state elements, ORMUS, ORME, M-l 1, or monoatomic state metals.) I have seen web usage of this properly made so-called “m-state metal precipitate” that recommends topical use, or use on plants. (If one desired to take it orally the recommendation I saw was only a couple of drops per day.) Apparently this went on for four to five years. “Students" were told to follow this formula originally transmitted by “the alchemist,” given during wine laden sessions at ‘"the ranch" and then told to burn the directions. Future groups were to obtain the formula from other students so some have seen four to five variations on these directions. I have evaluated the directions for this concoction, and while perhaps not directly harmful if mixed by those with a modicum of technical expertise, was given to the un-informcd in such a careless manner that I fear there could well have been serious harm done. In addition, often times this formula was followed by inebriated students. They were told to NOT buy the lye locally out of fear of alerting authorities and drawing unwarranted attention (used, also, in meth production).

Return to “Lawsuits & Court cases - JZK,Inc - latest lawsuit - RSE Music Copyright Infringments”