I cannot believe I just found you guys..

If you are new to this forum and are looking for information that is particularly helpful and relevant to those who have recently left RSE and are starting their recovery process, this is a good place to start.
Sunshine

I cannot believe I just found you guys..

Unread post by Sunshine »

My mother joined rse in 1986.. I was 14 years old. It took me 11 years to leave rse, and what has felt like a lifetime of isolation on the subject. I cannot believe I just found you guys.. Wow. Just reading all your info and knowing you are out there... Thank you. I think I will sleep better tonight than I have in a long time. God bless and thank you again.
Rooster

Re: I cannot believe I just found you guys..

Unread post by Rooster »

Me too! Welcome sunshine, I too was young when my parents joined. I was six, and seriously was ten. It is good to see more of the children. I am suprised not to find younger. It rather worries me at times. We are here and glad you are as well!!!!! Welcome again!!!!! Look forward to hearing more from you!
Cheryl

Unread post by Cheryl »

Welcome sunshine! I was 19 when I joined and got out 17 years later. Glad you join us!
Kelku

Unread post by Kelku »

A warm welcome, sunshine.
Happy you found us.
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.”
- Sophocles
Sunshine

So, so glad to have found all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your warm welcomes. :-)
enchanted

Unread post by enchanted »

Hi Sunshine,
Welcome. I am the oldest one here.
Sunshine

How long has this site been here?
msdblue

Unread post by msdblue »

Welcome, Sunshine. I'm a newby too. In the school for 15 years, out for 1.
Sunshine

Welcome msdblue!!
I'm glad you're here, it helps free the soul...
Sunshine

Or at least to not feel so alone anymore :-)
newshoes

Unread post by newshoes »

Hello to everyone here.

I am so grateful to have found you. As the moderators probably can see, I have been reading page after page on the site for the last day and a half. So many emotions have flowed through me during this intense search. Like a drink in the desert, a healing balm on my psyche, the heartfelt sharing has opened up something in me. I know I am not alone anymore.

I am very grateful to Cheryl, whose letter in the NVN last week, lead me to this site. Cheryl, your courage has inspired me to move toward healing and hope. And a special appreciation to Sunshine, whose heart open posts gave me added courage to reach out.

Thank you,
NS
freemysoul

Unread post by freemysoul »

Welcome Newshoes,
So glad to have you here and posting so eloquently. The more of us bound here by our shared experience strengthens each of our resolve.
Freemysoul
newshoes

freemysoul wrote:Welcome Newshoes,
So glad to have you here and posting so eloquently. The more of us bound here by our shared experience strengthens each of our resolve.
Freemysoul
Thanks for the welcome.

I feel as though I'm only now understanding how to exhale. The fear and shame of my entanglement with jzkr is only the tip of my iceberg. More to see, and release, I know.

I anticipate sharing my journey of 26 years with the phenom called jzkr and my insights on recovering/discovering myself as I extricate from this. As an aside, my auto-correct feature wants to replace 'jzkr' with 'joke'. Oh, irony. ;-/

NS
freemysoul

Unread post by freemysoul »

I understand completely NS :-) and you are in great company,
This is a process, a deliberate, sometimes painful, but completely liberating process. It was almost like a rebirth for me, relearning things that most take for granted. Still now, more than two years since my last event, I still struggle emotionally and mentally at times, but they are only moments, not the hours, days and weeks I struggled in the beginning. The truth is that this site, EMF, saved my life, and made that transition much easier, as the compassion and love found here was a refreshing polar opposite from the selfish, self involved egomaniacs I had surrounded myself with at rse.
Read as much as you can on here, there is a ton of helpful and truly enlightening information, and don't be too hard on yourself. Ask whatever questions you may have, there is a pm feature on this site if you wish to have a private conversation with someone, there are many helpful and understanding souls here, who know exactly what you are going through.
Again, so glad you are here Newshoes
Cheryl

Unread post by Cheryl »

NewShoes, words cannot convey the feeling I have at this moment. It is not my courage, but yours, that is to be commended... that which brought you here after 26 years. I am so happy for you. So, so happy. Welcome to the new journey. There may be some dips and valleys along the way, but there can also be so much joy and freedom away from those old chains of fear. This EMF site is so full of details, it is a helpful tool when coming out of the cave! Please continue to read and to reach out. You are not alone. There are many people out here on this side that can sympathize and empathize and we are all trying to help each other.
I give you a big hug and look forward to further conversations with you.
Sunshine

Wow!! A really warm and wonderful WELCOME to you Newshoes! It brings my heart a very special kind of happiness that I get the pleasure of experiencing when someone finds EMF and it does for them what it does for me! We are the only ones of our kind; survivors of the JZK night mere. Our experiences uniquely qualify us to be helpful, kind, loving, supporting and especially understanding of one another. This amazing bond we share is a treasure, after all we have been through. It's like plane crash surviors, we understand each others pain in a way that is so healing. You have made my day! {insert big hug here} Thank you for posting and I am really looking forward to hearing more of your story. I have found more healing in the listening and telling of our stories, the relating and connecting of our experiences... This place, right here, right now.. Has healed wounds in me that have been there for so many years. We are all benefiting from one anothers strength and courage to speak up.

Thank you again Newshoes! I am so happy you're here to share with us and join us in this most effective way that I have ever found of recovering.

So much love for you and all of us here!
Sunshine XO

And much love and gratitude to Cheryl for her honest, articulate and profound LTE in the NVN. Clearly, it is pointing those who want to know the truth in the right direction.
newshoes

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes!!!

I can't say enough how it makes me feel to have you all here on this site. And the quick response after I posted for the first time really soothed my nagging doubt about publicly saying anything about voldemort.

I look forward to sharing my story and experiences. And I can hope that, like you, that courage is picked up by even one person.

Hugs,
NS
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

Welcome newshoes,
I am happy you are here and look forward to your posts!

Return to “Starting Your Recovery Process”