Happy Independence Day!

If you are new to this forum and are looking for information that is particularly helpful and relevant to those who have recently left RSE and are starting their recovery process, this is a good place to start.
taz

Happy Independence Day!

Unread post by taz »

Happy Independence Day!
It is both ironic and serendipitous I found your website on this day! My recovery process has been on-going for years, literally, first saw the "Ram" on video in Forks, WA 1987. I was 37 years then and going through what many call mid-life crisis but for me it was just another step in a lifelong journey as a seeker of knowledge and spiritual truths. At thirteen years of age I had discovered books of science fiction , Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clark , Stranger from a Strange Land by Isaac Asimov and others like Atlas Shrugged by Ayan Rand.
These were definitely forbidden reading by the religion I had been raised in, a cult in itself in my opinion, but thus began my questioning and reasoning process of un-learning and learning. This continues to today. In many ways I still feel effected by this experience with the RAMTHA sessions I attended in Yelm for a period of time from 1987 to 1989.I had tried over the years to gain peace and tranquility from other teachings. At first you are told it is to set you free but then it becomes dogma, ritual and oppression when you do not comply. It was confusing and scary to leave.
I stopped by and tried to get an audience with JZ when I was in a very emotional state, trying to sort out what to do, but her "guard" turned me away at the gate. I knew then I was on my own. I felt lost for a long time afterwards and while my life crumbled around me in divorce and chaos I searched within for answers.
I now realize JZ is an exclusive destructive force not a positive building and all inclusive expanding one for all concerned and self-aggrandizing. I have for years questioned my own disloyalty, inability to grasp the higher concepts etc. etc. etc. of her charismatic teachings. I will be following with a keen interest the court proceedings it appears are initiated, though not sure what it is all about yet, wishing you well!
Ockham

Re: Happy Independence Day!

Unread post by Ockham »

Thank you Taz. Your thoughts are well put. Independence day is aptly named for celebrating throwing off the yoke of being stuck on the RSE tread mill. No more hours every day doing contrived disciplines that don't lead anywhere, no more, "so be it," no more fretting about the next world ending disaster, no more stilted Ramtha language, no more scraping to get money for a never ending parade of classes where you're berated for polluting the teachings, and on and on. Life is so much simpler when one achieves independence from RSE.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Your thoughts are well put
Yes, thank you taz , welcome to EMF.
For my journey recovering from the RSE mindtrap one of the greatest challenge was just getting one logical thought in front of the other without stumbling into confusion and fear.
It has taken me years to understand the full extent of the cultic abuse methods engineered by JZ Knight and used to control students at R$E. Checking out cultic abuse techniques in human psychology has helped my understanding enormously.
Words such as 'cognitive dissonance' and 'confirmation bias' explains much about the RSE crippling mindset.
I hope our EMF archives helps your understanding to heal all the more from your time in RSE.
I look forward to your sharing with us.... :idea:
Happy Independence Day
Just happens to be my Birthday also... :idea:

David.

Related:
Confirmation bias - Wikipedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Dan Ariely asks, Are we in control of our decisions? - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X68dm92HVI

Cognitive dissonance - Wikipedia,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

A Lesson In Cognitive Dissonance - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=korGK0yGIDo
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
taz

Unread post by taz »

Hey, thanks for the welcome, both of you, for years I have not had anyone to really relate to regards my RSE experience and this I hope is a new beginning for that phase of my life, and by that I mean a way to heal and process to a greater degree and be free to live life on my terms and no others, the interesting part for me and one of the reasons for my being drawn to JZ and the Ram was the similarities between myself and her upbringing, poverty and abuse being the main two, as I am sure many of her followers could attest to as well. It is fate, destiny etc. that I have found this place and you at this time for some very specific reasons, but suffice it to say, I believe everything happens for a reason including my sojourn with RAMTHA, it is always in retrospect I find my highest understanding, you know?
ps. Happy Belated Birthday, David!
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

Welcome Taz!

Return to “Starting Your Recovery Process”