Orbs - iust dust particles

This is a thread to debate the pseudoscience that RSE promotes, versus the science of our current day.
Ockham

Orbs - iust dust particles

Unread post by Ockham »

I was reading about Robert flashing a pink camera orb to his pregnant daughter... so she's expecting a girl and that must be Robert coming back... or, is it just a dust particle.

Even ghost hunters dismiss digital camera orbs artifact. Check out this web page from the Southwest Ghost Hunters Association. I think there's more physics on this one web page than in a stack of Ramtha books. Very nicely done, lucid, non judgemental and non scary: http://www.sgha.net/articles/orbs.html

I like the term I learned for a camera lens' region of indistinct focus: circle of confusion. Fits a few things I've been thinking of!
Vanilla

Re: Orbs - iust dust particles

Unread post by Vanilla »

WOW its so sad that brilliant minds and people with Ivy League degrees are throwing their minds out the window.

When things go bad and school falls apart, Their names will forever be linked to a cult, which is what they will be known as in retrospect. And it will be very hard for them to be taken seriously.

Its really sad to me. They worked so hard for what they have.
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

I was thinking out loud. The orbs comment you made made me think of the book..then of the other teachers..

Sorry.

Yes. I have the orbs book, I didnt read it.

I did an orb class and no photo was taken of me with any orbs.

It would make sense that when people are dancing, the orb videos show lots of activity, like dust being moved. But when its quiet and people are sitting, there are no dancing orbs.

That is why they tell everyone to stand up and dance and they play Ghostbusters and sure enough the orbs go crazy. Not because of the song, but because people are moving.

Orbs could be dust. My camera is expensive and never do I get any orbs. I was told its because some cameras have something to do with pixels, something I do not understand.
Interested

Unread post by Interested »

I agree but disagree.

I have photos of lots of orbs (dust).

But I have seen orbs. I have seen them three times, once was when I was in the Sivananda Ashram (I asked a Medium friend who it was, he said it was someone who lived 200 years ago in my family tree, watching me, due to us having similiar lives).
The other times was always after Network Chiropractic, I would release emotion from the healing treatment and always that day (or the next day), I would be able to see auras, feel emotions (joy), that I usually can't, and see "light particles" i.e. orbs.

I have asked two mediums what "Balls of Light" are and they both said, effortlessly, they are Spirits or Independent Thought Forms or to be "scary", I could use the word Ghost, but I don't think I need to use that word, its a bit passe.

So yeah, I agree, on photos, probably dust.
But it doesn't mean all Orbs/Balls of Light are dust. I know what dust looks like to my Human eye and when I saw those Balls of Light, "most certainly not dust ... they are something else"......
RoyGBiv

Unread post by RoyGBiv »

suddenly, with shitty digital cameras, orbs are a reality. And you can even get an app for your iphone to communicate with them.
uh-huh :roll:

well, I did see one many years ago, in the winter of '89. I was having a smoke on my friend's porch and a glowie golf-ball sized light came drifting in. It left a little trail behind it as it went. And I'm looking at it like wtf? and finally just said, "what are your intentions" and it faded out. That's my story.
BTW, absolutely sober, not dissociating, just having a smoke and enjoying a cool eve on the porch.

As far as I'm concerned, all this orb shyte is like "male enhancement"... overrated and rarer than you think.
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

Lol roy!
Yes, true no orbs since digital cameras. I was totally taken by the orb thing. I would take pics in a horse arena as I was into horses and showing them. I would get orbs like crazy with my nice digital camera. Rarely else where. I would think wow whats going on in the barn. Pink, blue, big, small all kinds of orbs. I have a friend that is a proffessional photographer that explained it to me one day. Lol... so my great orb pics where not a phenonomen at all. We even did the experiements with dust and light refraction. Low and behold a arena with much dust, is just the place or so called orbs. Also as a nurse some orbs or even golden flakes can be retinal problems as you get older. Ageing or retinal
detachment.
RoyGBiv

Unread post by RoyGBiv »

right rooster, absolutely.
you can also see "orbs" if you turn your neck just so, which causes carotid compression and temporarily starves the brain of O2. The first sign of this is drifting spots of light in the field of vision, which is caused by optic nerve irritation secondary to the transitory hypoxia.

But wouldn't it be cool if "orbs" gave investment advice? hahaha

Return to “Pseudoscience & RSE”