Considering going to RSE...

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
David McCarthy
Site Admin

I recommend you stay away from RSE.

Unread post by David McCarthy »

freemymind posted...
My question to all of you is, what is your opinion on this? I have often considered going to a beginner's retreat just to see it for myself.
Welcome to EMF freemymind,
Thank you for sharing your concerns and sincerity....
You may also gain some insights to your question "and to help your girlfriend" from reading the EMF thread.....
View topic - "I'm new, greetings to you"
http://www.enlightenmefree.com/phpbb3/p ... sc&start=0
It is rather lengthy, but it does highlight the fallacy that "Enlighten me objectively" was thinking that he could stay objective while attending an RSE event....!
My opinion is...
RSE has a way of conducting lobotomies... without its victims knowing their critical thinking has been removed....
and once removed, it is an extremely arduous and painful journey to retrieve it.
This is the nature of the effective religious brainwashing conducted at RSE,
it turns otherwise intelligent and caring people into fools and followers.
And please understand, I am not saying this from an unkind heart,but my respect for "spiritual correctness" is wearing thin these days.
You need to be an extremely strong swimmer to enter the RSE waters, and to study well the charts that mark the riptides,
rocks and sharks, you will need to avoid at all cost.
The big lesson I actually did learn while attending RSE was ...
"Sincerity" is no protection from a master of deception.

I recommend you stay away from RSE,Inc.
But..
If you do decide to attend an event in Yelm, perhaps we can meet?

David.
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Kensho

RE: Considering going to RSE...

Unread post by Kensho »

Moderator comment: The above reply is related to a topic that was originally posted by freemymind on
Sat Nov 21, 2009. That post has been copied and entered here for further discussion.

Original post by: freemymind on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:35 am.
The Labyrinth, The Wine, The Teachings, Field Work, The Audiences, C&E, The Disciplines ? Many new Masters of Cards?
http://www.enlightenmefree.com/phpbb3/p ... .php?t=105

freemymind wrote:

unbound,

thank you so much for your effort and thoughtful comments. Let me say it is a great relief to be welcomed with so much help and advice.

The point you make about RSE encouraging students to isolate themselves from their friends / family is very interesting, because I do not experience that at all with my partner. While she is definitely on the "we are all Gods" bandwagon, and advocates independence and self-sufficiency, she is equally interested to live out her Godliness in our, regular, society, and has repeatedly stated that she does not expect me to go to RSE myself.

And the thing is, I agree with the statement that we are all responsible for our own actions, so she is responsible for going to RSE, whatever negatives or positives she gains form that experience. All I can say is that I met her when she was already in the school and I have always found her to be loving and wonderful to all those around her. So even though I was often scared about her going to retreats and about what she might do in the future, I figured there is nothing really I can do except respect her views and opinions as she does mine.

My question to all of you is, what is your opinion on this? I have often considered going to a beginner's retreat just to see it for myself. From the videos of Ramtha I have seen I am not very convinced of the chanelling, for example, neither has my partner been sucessful at any discipline at a statistically significant rate. Neither am I a fan of doomsday scenarios, even if they are packaged in a "change of conciousness" setting. But I acknowledge that seeing live and in person is different from videos and books.

Maybe if she sees that I am not affected by the teachings there and chose not to engage in any disciplines that life is great without RSE too. Mind you, I do think creating your day, for example, is a great thing (except maybe the zombie-like attitude you are in walking around the park); it is a proven psychological technique that allows us to focus on attaining goals and being more successful at, for example, work or school.

Another question: does anyone know other current RSE students who are generally nice people, and active and respected participants in society? (please dont say Selma Hayek) People who, apart from "endearing" RSE quirks, are "normal" to outsiders?

Anyway, I really do appreciate your time, it has been helping me a lot.

Love
FFM

Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:35 am
Kensho

Unread post by Kensho »

Freemymind,

In addition to David's excellent recommendation and the invitation to meet with him, I respectfully suggest that you view at least the first 5 videos listed here:
http://www.enlightenmefree.com/phpbb3/p ... .php?t=254

Perhaps through viewing these first hand accounts of involvement with RSE, a greater understanding will be obtained regarding the potential effects of RSE in general. Similarly, if you and your partner could watch these films together, then contemplate and discuss what is presented, an even greater understanding might be obtained.
I expect that the most beneficial aspect of this greater understanding will come through your observation of your partner's reaction and opinions with respect to the films; what ever they may be.

By the way, if you were hoping to 'see things for yourself' through attending an RSE event, please be aware that the Ramtha character is most often only presented in film at beginning events; nor are "The Days to Come" seldom presented at these events.

With all things, may you and your partner find easy and pleasant paths.

Much love, unbound
Caterpillar

The RSE delusion

Unread post by Caterpillar »

Freemymind, several months ago, I was thinking of attending an advanced RSE retreat that I had already bought airline tickets for. After months of intensive research, I decided that attending another retreat was detrimental, and I would just be deluding myself further.

To understand this ?delusion?, you may wish to read the following posts on the possible harmful effects of the trance state, hallucinations induced by blindfolding, precautions with C & E breathwork and psychobiology of altered states of consciousness. As you know, at RSE events, students engage in activities that induce the trance state, they wear blindfolds and do C & E breathwork which can have adverse effects that have been documented in other studies.

?A Nightmare on Yelm Street? :shock:

Meditative/Trance state may be HARMFUL

http://www.enlightenmefree.com/phpbb3/p ... .php?t=918

Blindfolding may induce Hallucinations

http://www.enlightenmefree.com/phpbb3/p ... php?t=1012

Precautions with C & E

http://www.enlightenmefree.com/phpbb3/p ... c.php?t=74

Psychobiology of Altered States of Consciousness

http://www.enlightenmefree.com/phpbb3/p ... .php?t=853
Caterpillar

Unread post by Caterpillar »

Quote from Freemymind: Another question: does anyone know other current RSE students who are generally nice people, and active and respected participants in society? (please dont say Selma Hayek) People who, apart from "endearing" RSE quirks, are "normal" to outsiders?

I have met many ?nice?and some ?not so nice? people at RSE, not unlike the rest of society. I still keep in touch with some RSE believers (current or not) that are sincere and nice. Unfortunately, there are some students I know that seem to have ruined their lives (physically and/or financially) through their involvement with RSE.

Regardless of your decision to attend the retreat or not, I hope you have gained some insight into our reasons for leaving RSE.

All the best to you and your partner. She sounds wonderful. :D
Lost in Space

Unread post by Lost in Space »

The former students on this site are mostly nice people, I've noticed, so therefore, I concluded the "niceness" is not a barrier to having your will taken and your brain "washed"...I was never a student, but got involved by falling for a Ramster, who has been involved in RSE for about 20 years...We no longer communicate very much though. I am torn between thinking that perhaps his path in life is as worthy as any other, and that maybe he would be worse off if he had not found the school; and thinking that the school has been a collosal waste of a very fine person's time, attention, financial resources, talents (considerable) and goodwill, which could have been shared more broadly.
I conclude that he has been taken for a ride.
I too toyed with the idea of attending an event, to better understand him. I researched the teachings of Ramtha. And I found this site. After reading and participating here, I decided that no matter how "together" I think I am, no matter how strong, I would probably be sucked in. The other people here are a microcosm of society at large, and I don't hold the illusion that I am in any way "better" than they are, or more immune to the heavy persuasion that goes on, the life altering "mess" that goes on once you participate. I would not recommend it. I congratulate you though on being able to maintain what sounds like a really good relationship with a wonderful woman.

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”