A Story of Love

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
FreeNow

A Story of Love

Unread post by FreeNow »

Of all the forums that I lurk and post on this is the forum I feel most comfortable in telling this story:

37 years ago my Mom married Ray, that was when I lost my mother. Every moment after that she was totally controlled by Ray. If she paid any attention to me he got mad. So she stopped, after that I didn't exist. After I left home Ray told me not to come back.

Well Ray died last year, left his sister Gloria in charge of my mother's trust. Mother is in a rest home. Aunt Gloria hates my mother. She won't talk to Mom and is hateful to her. She wouldn't talk to anyone about the trust, even Mom.

I choose to react in love and because of that Gloria let her guard down eventually and told me that Ray's kids get the millions and I get 20k and my other two blood sisters get nothing. I could have reacted negatively in ego, but I looked at the situation, accepted it and choose to react in love. My goal has been a fair and equal result.

Now Aunt Gloria doesn't want to be in charge of the trust due to ill health and she hates Mom so my step sister Dora is taking over. Yeah! Come to find out Mom has some cash in the bank but the bulk of the money is tied up in their mansion which isn't going to sell for millions after all, but maybe one million at the most due to the housing market. What I get will make me debt free ( a focus ) and I'm very happy with that. As a matter of fact that is what all of us will be. That's fair.

However, I get more, I get my mother back, we are moving her to a rest home in the same town my other sister Pam lives in and just an hour from me, instead of six hours were she is now (and it is half the price of where she is now).

I got something more valuable than money or gold could ever be. Besides I never wanted to be fabulously wealthy moneywise.

My sister Pam didn't grow up with our mother due to our parents splitting up when I was an infant. So there is some healing going on between all of us and Mom. :D

What is also very important to me is keeping a harmonious relationship with ALL of my family, except Aunt Gloria.

Dora told me that Aunt Gloria has been stealing items that belong to Mom. Personally I don't care about stuff, I really have more stuff than I need. But, she is stealing from my Mother and that is elder abuse, a felony, so WE are going to have her arrested, soon. :evil:

I want to say a big THANK YOU to Eckhart Tolle. I understand so much more than Ramther ever taught me. This is truly a lesson in releasing greed.
Keep the greater good at heart.
ignatious

Unread post by ignatious »

So happy for you, for your progress as a human :) and in your family relationships.
Lost in Space

Unread post by Lost in Space »

Dear FreeNow:

This story rings a lot of bells...
My former neighbour, whom I shall call Anna (not her name) had a very similar experience with respect to her grandmother..and two aunts, who basically took all the poor woman's money, stuck her in a home, took the TV set that Anna and her Mom gave the grandma. Anna took her gran to live with her. That woman was especially sweet. She had altzheimers but not too severe. There was a crabapple tree at the side of our building, and Anna's gran would clear the crabapples from the path. When she passed away, I went to the funeral, which the aunts had wanted postponed until they got back from vacation. They actually demanded a portion of their mother's ashes (she was creamated)...Anna showed up at my door with 10 boxes of incense, and asked me to save the dregs of same, to give to her aunts as ashes...I did this with pleasure, and in honour of the old lady.
I am glad you have such a lovely nature, and are not bitter, although, I am also glad to hear you are considering legal proceedings against "Gloria".
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

Thank you Ignacious. :oops: Today Dora became the legal trustee :) In two weeks we bring Mom home! And, then the fun begins.....

Lost, that too is a story of Love, thank you for sharing it. :)
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Best of luck to you, Free. That's quite a story. Get ready, Gloria...justice is a' comin' !!!
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

Well gang the trust stipulates Mom remain where she it at. The only way to change is by taking legal action which I really didn't want to do. Time will tell.
FreeNow

I Just Got The News

Unread post by FreeNow »

I just spoke with the trustee and she is agreeing to move my mother to the town where my sisters lives! I won! It only took $150 bucks for a letter from an attorney demanding a copy of the trust! They are scared to death I'm gonna take their money :roll: .

I get my Mom back!!!! :lol: :D :lol:
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

You have received the very best of all! Nothing is greater than love. Your approach to the situation was always from love for your mom.

"Love is all there is."

I'm so happy for you!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

I'm still going after Aunt Gloria for elder abuse if she hasn't returned all of Mom's things that she has stolen. If she doesn't return them I will threaten her with a full page ad in the local newspaper about her brother being a child molester. I will also take out a full page ad once she is convicted and tell the whole town about her abusing the elderly. That will put some speed into her returning Mom's things! :twisted:

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”