Question about "Val Valerian"

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
Mr. Wizard

Question about "Val Valerian"

Unread post by Mr. Wizard »

Question about:

1. Val Valerian
2. Leading Edge Research Group

Are 1 and 2 one in the same?
Is this guy Valerian located in Yelm?
Is he or was he a follower at RSE?
Is there any relationship (good or bad) between RSE and Leading Edge.

I have looked over Leading Edge's website and can't for the life of me figure out what he is all about. Can just see this troll leaned over his old Toshiba laptop banging away at his keyboard, chain smoking and dropping acid.

Just curious.

The Wiz
joe sz

Re: Question about "Val Valerian"

Unread post by joe sz »

Wiz

I looked over V V Matrix effusionisms many years ago and just looked at what this self-absorbed occultist is doing now--no growth, same old matrix. VV has a fixed delusion that he somehow has tapped into the cutting edge of human evolution and perception. You are quite correct, I think, that his world is more of "acid dreamworks" than useful genius. The self-proclaimed cutting edge gurus are more often among the lunatic fringe.
V V's writings are extensive evidence of his delusiory mindset. Eg, at random I chose to look at
http://trufax.org/matrix5/segments/intro3.html
wherein V V lauds, in a way, the pathetic psychic John Edwards of Crossing Over fame as a medium for "cosmic leakage" about dead people. He poopoos skeptic Paul Kurtz and a rabbi, all of whom appeared on a Larry King Program about mediumship. V V then was miffed because the TV show replied with a kurt form answer to V V's critique of the show.
Valerian also finds "important" information from Robert Monroe who he calls a pioneer. Monroe wrote Far Journeys that talks about "bands" and "rings" around earth that contain entities or dead souls at various levels. John Edwards, V V surmises, taps the lowest of these "bands."

Umberto Eco did a wonderful job parodying V V types and the entire Great White Brotherhood cult of occultists in his book Foucault's Pendulum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault's_Pendulum
Eco's book is a riot to read if you have some knowledge of that occult world, St Germain, sephiroth, kabbalah, etc. If you are not familiar with the underlying fringe worlds the book can be quite the crazymaking reading experience.
But Eco is writing fiction with tongue firmly in cheek whereas Valerian takes himself entirely too seriously.
Joe Sz
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

Wiz,
To answer your questions, yes 1 and 2 are the same from what I can tell on the website.
I do not believe there was/is a personal connection between V V and JZ although a number of RSE folk I knew read the V V Matrix stuff and perhaps JZ also read it.

Maybe someone else knows more or better than me...
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

yes he lives in Yelm.
Years and years and years ago he was a jz 'customer'.

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”