Do you recognize this guy?

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
Kensho

Do you recognize this guy?

Unread post by Kensho »

Does anyone who has attended events at RSE recognize the suspect in the video? His name is Peter Keller. He looks familiar...like a guy at RSE who was into buying/selling gold at RSE, but I'm not sure. If you do recognize him, letting the police know who and what they might be up against could be helpful.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Poli ... =video&c=y

With love, Kensho
"Don't let any person bring you so low as to hate them."
Booker T. Washington
Kensho

Re: Do you recognize this guy?

Unread post by Kensho »

Its over...at least for him.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Body ... 61815.html

With love, Kensho
Booker T. Washington
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Thanks, Kensho, for sharing the pointers to Peter Keller's story. Very sad; such a waste of two lovely womens' lives at the hand of a lunatic.

The Seattle Times reported that Keller was a well known survivalist who worked at a computer repair shop. Keller was said to have told coworkers last week that he was preparing for the end of the world and they might not see him again. The Seattle Times did not implicate any ties to RSE in the story as it appears as of April 28. It seems that all the media are running the same photos of Keller's underground bunker; presumably provided by the police. Too bad the pictures are not more detailed. To my untrained eye, I don't see any of the obvious Ramtha paraphernalia visible in the photos of the bunker. Of course, the stacks of wine, etc. may simply just be out of view

This is a sad story reminiscent of similar stories repeated sporadically where the crazed family head kills innocent family members under the misguided thinking that muder would be a better end than suffering through the end times.

I don't understand the human fascination with the thought that the world is about to meet a terrible end any minute now. In modern times, we've had the Seventh Day Adventists and a raft of doomsdayers up through Judy Knight. It isn't just a few loonies, but a significant minority of the public seems to be into the notion too and seeks out the loonies. Maybe the myth that armageddon could break out be any minute is a way to fantasize that every day suckiness really isn't so bad.

I worry that Judy Knight's focus on doomday talk will trigger more ramsters to act out as did the Nenieres of Zambia last January 2011. Peter Keller's story is awful and unfortunate, Ramtha follower or not. That's a good lesson that if we ever hear any of our friends start to talk like Peter Keller, don't wait for a bad result; if possible, secure some professional intervention before the talk escalates to action.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Minor correction to what I wrote:

The pictures of the UG bunker according to the Seattle Times are reported to be from the hard drive of Keller's computer - which in turn were provided by the police to the media.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

I worry that Judy Knight's focus on doomday talk will trigger more ramsters to act out as did the Nenieres of Zambia last January 2011. Peter Keller's story is awful and unfortunate, Ramtha follower or not. That's a good lesson that if we ever hear any of our friends start to talk like Peter Keller, don't wait for a bad result; if possible, secure some professional intervention before the talk escalates to action.
Thank you for that Ockham, Kensho,
Directly or indirectly I believe RSE is connected to this horrifying tragedy
JZ/R is creating the potential to spark a catastrophic cultist meltdown in individuals or as an RSE student collective.
RSE is a powder keg waiting to blow! all it will take is for Judith to completely flip-out and light the fuse.
On a more personal encounter...(Circa Yelm 2002) I remember coming home one day to find a drunken RSE student sitting in my living room waiting for me.
He threatened my life... "from the Lord God of his being' he said... I am a runner 'sent to cut off you head 'Nice "Ramtha' touch... :roll: to stop you "judging" people.
I told him he had my permission just so long he also had the power to place my severed head back on my shoulders and heal the wound.
Then perhaps he had the power and authority of God.
This confused him, he seemed to see reason and calmed down.
A frightening experience that left me shaken.

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
ex

Unread post by ex »

the tracks are laid. students are instructed to have weapons and know how to use them. if this doesn't reach the public yet it's done behind closed doors on evenings not close to the major requireds. they get told that they r surrounded by enemies: the government, the hordes coming from the towns, the neighbors who will steal their food. one serious trigger validating jzrs madness remotely, we don't know were it goes. if this guy was ever on a rse event we probably never know. jz will not come forward with that info. too bad press.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

I have a feeling RSE must have been promoting guns for years. RSE must have made an especially scary pitch in one of the March 2011 events. Right after that, the people I know in RSE that normally would have problems swatting flies started talking about getting handguns.

Good thinking, David. I like the way you applied cool logic to take the wind out of that nut's sails!
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

'Nice "Ramtha' touch... to stop you "judging" people.
Yes, I agree...David, your instincts were good to diffuse this attacker's 'final solution' judgment of you by exposing his Ramtha powers as a sham...

But notice that he wanted to stop you from "judging" RSE devotees and JZ!

This is classic New Age cult-think, to be "non-judgemental" yet some of the harshest judgements come from New Age cultists...hell, that guy wanted to be your final judge and executioner...talk about judgmental!

There is a chronic confusion among cult devotees about the difference between excercising good judgment and acting like a god to judge people. Leaving RSE and pointing out how bizarre and dangerous the teachings are based on eye-witness and historical evidence is not 'judgement'--it is correction and exposition.

In the Christian NT Jesus tells his disciples: "Ye are gods", meaining you are "judges" in the place of God....in the old language judge and god (Elohim) were interchangeable concepts. But God is the ultimate judge, so what Jesus was implying was that no one has the power to judge save that God gives it to them. If they use that power wrongly, then all hell will break loose, so one must be very careful with evidence when pronouncing judgment.

Here is an explanation that scholars use, whether they are Christian, atheist, whatever when explaining this saying of Jesus that New Agers often use to say: "See even Jesus said we are Gods" [CUT leaders used to use this saying out of context the same way].
Question: "What does the Bible mean by 'you are gods' / 'ye are gods' in Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34?"

Answer: Let’s start with a look at Psalm 82, the psalm that Jesus quotes in John 10:34. The Hebrew word translated “gods” in Psalm 82:6 is Elohim. It usually refers to the one true God, but it does have other uses. Psalm 82:1 says, “God presides in the great assembly; he gives judgment among the gods.” It is clear from the next three verses that the word “gods” refers to magistrates, judges, and other people who hold positions of authority and rule. Calling a human magistrate a “god” indicates three things: 1) he has authority over other human beings, 2) the power he wields as a civil authority is to be feared, and 3) he derives his power and authority from God Himself, who is pictured as judging the whole earth in verse 8.

This use of the word “gods” to refer to humans is rare, but it is found elsewhere in the Old Testament. For example, when God sent Moses to Pharaoh, He said, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh” (Exodus 7:1). This simply means that Moses, as the messenger of God, was speaking God’s words and would therefore be God’s representative to the king. The Hebrew word Elohim is translated “judges” in Exodus 21:6 and 22:8, 9, and 28.

The whole point of Psalm 82 is that earthly judges must act with impartiality and true justice, because even judges must stand someday before the Judge. Verses 6 and 7 warn human magistrates that they, too, must be judged: “I said, `You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High.' But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler.” This passage is saying that God has appointed men to positions of authority in which they are considered as gods among the people. They are to remember that, even though they are representing God in this world, they are mortal and must eventually give an account to God for how they used that authority.
http://www.gotquestions.org/you-are-gods.html
Kensho

Unread post by Kensho »

Thanks Joe,
That interpretation at long last puts to rest a question that I had no answer for.
With love, Kensho
Booker T. Washington
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

bitte schoen

I puzzled over that judgemental thingee also as a new age devotee --all I had to do was "read the text" and it all cleared up...duh... ;-)

interesting to note how these ideas of judgement and justice were refined in Greek philosophy and the Hebrew scholars 2500 years ago. But due to the anti-intellectual emphasis in New Ageism and occultism, the old wisdom is often ignored in favor of "personal intuition" "experience" and "resonanace". It is like rowing with one oar in the water and leads to the inevitable circular thinking in RSE an similar cults. JZ from the earliest days of her ramtha theater in 1979 had devotees toss the oar of intellectual wisdom overboard.

I saw the article about Peter Keller in our local paper, Reading Eagle, just now. It has a clear pic of the bunker. This guy could be any survivalist nutcase from any number of cultic belief systems incl Christian Identity and the militia cults that pepper the country. Idaho was number one with such groups with Pennsylvania [my home state] second.

all of these groups have a hatred for government, want to be "left alone", not be taxed, are wary of "higher education", and many live for and trade at gun shows. iow, there is a paranoid streak among them that makes for suspicion, can't trust anyone they cannot manipulate and as a result tend to be very authoritarian in the home to the point of being abusive.

I really feel sad for Keller's wife and daughter--true victims.
Kensho

Unread post by Kensho »

Frightening thing is that RSE promotes and encourages this sort of behaviour; thus there is a fairly large group of them in a small area...Yelm, Washington.
With love, Kensho
Booker T. Washington

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”