I did it!

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
FreeNow

I did it!

Unread post by FreeNow »

By the time I was finished with my spring cleaning I had three grocery bags full of the JZR junk. I put it in the garbage just before the dump truck came. I walked back to my place feeling about a hundred pounds lighter. :D

PS: I'm not posting much because my PC at home got sick and fixing it is not high on my priority list because I have been spending way too much time surfing...
Keep the greater good at heart.
Whatchamacallit

Old RSE Stuff

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

I have all of mine confined to boxes in one area of my basement. I don't read any of it, I don't listen to tapes/CD's. It just sits there, taking up space. Years ago, I had a bonfire and burned some stuff I had back then. Roasts good marshmallows.
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

Congrats FreeNow! I have a box that I can't get myself to get rid of, every note I ever took as well as all my cards... I figure one day it will give my daughter an insight into a particular time of my life. I have thrown away too many things during my rse time (like baby photos, love letters and sentimental things) and regretted it, so this box is staying for now. :oops:
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

Storing, tossing, burning, selling are common ways ex-members get rid of stuff. Some of the cult stuff is good for "archival" material for scholars and students of the topic, especially people who write critical histories of these groups.
I got rid of most of my Theosophy related material, boxes and boxes in 1980, gave some back to the groups, but years later when I took up research and exit counseling seriously, I had to re-purchase essential books and tapes. For the most part ex-members I've known from dozens of cults who save this stuff end up dumping it after decades of storage anyway.

Basically, Ramtha material will go the way of most eccentric, ephemeral religious movements and fade from interest in a generation or two except for a core of devotees unless someone charismatic and brave revives Ramtha by channeling it anew. I doubt the children and grandchildren of the current members are going to want the stuff. It is like passing down a collection of badly written novels of pulp fiction.

It is probably better to write a memoir of that chapter of your life and put that aside for posterity. I think children really appreciate that kind of history from their parents or grandparents.
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

Good point Joe... I guess I partly hold onto it because I like revisiting my past sometimes (ooh... by ramtha standards, that's pretty much the devil speaking :lol: ...feels so liberating...). True, that I get more out of the notes and such than I'm sure my daughter will because it won't mean anything to her.

Every couple years or so I pull out the box and poke thru the stuff, somehow I like being reminded of those times every now and again. Always gives me this strange feeling - sort of like the one I feel whenever I go up in a plane: awe and amazement that this little metal box is actually floating in midair (this happens to me every time I fly, regardless of the hundreds of planes I've been on in my life...) - so I'll sit there going thru my cards and notes in amazement that it's all over, no, in amazement that those times ever existed because it seems so familiar yet at once so foreign to me now.
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

I just decided to clean out my apartment of all things negative. I did keep one thing; my card that I found at the October 2007 followup. I did that all by myself. The card represents to me what I can accomplish when I set my mind to it. :D
Whatchamacallit

Free....yeah, you found the card yourself. The human mind is capable of more than we know at this time, as science even attests to. Don't need Ramtha/JZ for that !

Part of the reason that I'm also saving what stuff I have, is as Joe mentioned...it's good material to have for references that can help others. There are places to save such info, such as Hal Mansfield's Center. The down side to that is it costs a fortune to ship it to him ! I have a LOT of stuff.

LWO, it's true that the notes wouldn't have the same meaning to your daughter. She doesn't have any emotional connection to what you/us went through there. I would think she'll have almost no interest in that part of it, though hearing "stories" of mom's life, throughout all your life, will generally be of great interest ! You're MOM !!

I've had some in-depth conversations with my older kids, about my RSE experience.

I think that it's understandable that you can also look back upon your "stuff" and have some fond memories, too. It wasn't all bad. It wasn't necessarily even all bologna, because as we know, much of what was taught, was just repeating eastern mysticism as it's already been recorded for thousands of years. Nothing new there. Yet, that doesn't equate that the "ends justify the means", either. I am surely not implying that !!!! LOL

Two cents :D
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

Yea!, I just fixed my computer all by my self! I set my mind to it. 8) :wink:
Whatchamacallit

FN.......LOL !!! You're good !

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”