A local tale

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
Another Dimension60

A local tale

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

It could simply be gossip or a rural legend.... I was told today that back in the '70's JZ bragged to the local boys at Wayne's pub that she was off to Hollywood, and when she came back, she'd own this town. .... True or not, she's certainly done her best to buy, bankrupt or intimidate Yelm and its businesses.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

AD60, maybe it's a rumor; maybe not. At least you're wondering about it. Perhaps someone else will comment about it, who can help confirm/deny it.

I also heard a SIMILAR comment, made to me by the guy who owns/works (I assume he still does) at that RV/garage place across the street from the ranch, on 93rd. I was standing with a group of women, and he was fixing the RV at the ranch (they let him in to fix it). He told us he thought we were nuts to be at the event and that we were being duped. He claimed that he knew JZ from the very early days, prior to the teachings starting, and that she had commented at some gathering that they were both at, about how she had found a way to make a ton of money and she was going to do it. She didn't elaborate. But, HE never forgot it. Being the goofy folks we were at the time (egads), we tried to explain to him how mistaken he was, and told him he ought to try an event. Good grief. Thankfully, he was wiser than we were at that time.

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”