Unsuscribing from the RSE newsletter.

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
FreeNow

Unsuscribing from the RSE newsletter.

Unread post by FreeNow »

I attempted to unsuscribe from the RSE Newsletter and I got the follow warnings:

A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client (first="<first>").
Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client input value, and processing of the request has been aborted. This value may indicate an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. You can disable request validation by setting validateRequest=false in the Page directive or in the configuration section. However, it is strongly recommended that your application explicitly check all inputs in this case.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client (first="<first>").

Anyone know how I can get around this?
Keep the greater good at heart.
Lost in Space

Unread post by Lost in Space »

I'm assuming from the response you got that the Newsletter is sent to your computer? By E-mail? Does your e-mail servers have a "mark as spam" feature? If so, do that. Then, you may still get it, but, you will realize when you see it as spam, that if you choose you can delete it without reading it.
Or, ask a computer programmer. Also, I urge you to get Anti Spyware.
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

Ya, I get it in the email, into spam but I'm tired of deleting it.

I think it show viciousness when trying to unsuscribe that the RSE computer would do this.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Wow, sounds like they have a lousy system in place. You might want to send an email from, perhaps, a library (so they can't see your IP address), and ask/tell them that this is the response you've received when trying to unsub from the newsletter..........WHY ?....and to unsub you immediately.

It's funny, in a way (hypocritical), because you WANT to unsub, and I know others who have been unsubbed without asking to be.

Oh, the games !
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

Good News! I was able to unsuscribe from a RSE email today! Thank You!

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”