ex-member sites of Adi Da and Andrew Cohen

What experiences led to your opinion that RSE is, or isn't, a cult ? Address issues; no flaming tolerated.
joe sz

ex-member sites of Adi Da and Andrew Cohen

Unread post by joe sz »

For comparison, see how other ex-members handle criticism of their "enlightened" gurus:

http://www.adidaarchives.org/
http://essentialwhatenlightenment.blogspot.com/
Tyger

Unread post by Tyger »

Hilarious joe;

And they get on my butt for dealing with Ramsters up close and personal.....LMAO!!!!!
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Joe,

Very interesting. In a big way, it seems that only the names change. The patterns that emerge over time in destructive "cults" is pretty much the same. Janja & Madeleine's book attests to that, also. They clearly organize and describe the phases of cult indoctrination (mind control techniques), as well as the typical patterns of thoughtful reaction and emotional reaction to each phase.

That Buddha sized balloon is no different.

I found this woman's comments particularly good; just hits the nail on the head. She addresses, succinctly, not only her own feelings, but the harsh reality of what "outsiders" (friends/family) have to face, with someone who is on a mission and will not, or cannot, hear or see the red flags that may be pointed out to them by loved ones, or that are staring them in the face. It's ALL in the timing. I think that as odd as that may seem to an outsider, it's just one of those things that "you had to have been there" to understand. If the "cult" experiences were all bad, it wouldn't ever be an issue. But, they're not. It's only when the good starts becoming outweighed by the bad, that the level of doubt takes over and one comes back to their senses. That could all happen in a month, or twenty years. Or, for some unfortunates, never. They get dead first from old age, disease, or suicide.

"But what is the ultimate goal? Personally, I am interested primarily in gaining a full perspective on what my experience was, if possible. And I am interested in seeing if my experience could help prevent someone from walking down the same path I did, with the same consequences or perhaps destructive consequences. Even if it is simply helping a family member who has someone they love in Andrew's or any other guru's community to gain understanding and, most critically, compassion for the individuals who choose that spiritual path. But I believe it is deluded to think one can "take someone down." I also believe NO ONE could have stopped me from diving into Andrew's world at the time I did. I only wish I had had the maturity and insight to find a less destructive forum to nurture my spiritual aspirations.
"

Return to “Is RSE a cult ? What is RSE? Its purpose? Post your opinion.”