should be under homor

Wonderful on the outside Treacherous on the inside....! Cults have millions of members around the world who also thought they were immune.
ex

should be under homor

Unread post by ex »

Harold Camping:

Camping gained notoriety due to his prediction that the Christian Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011[30][31] and that the end of the world will take place five months later on October 21, 2011.[32] Followers of Camping claim that around 200 million people (approximately 3% of the world's population) will be raptured.[33] As for the remainder of the human population, Camping himself believes in annihilationism, which is the view that those who are not saved will simply cease to be conscious rather than spend eternity in Hell. Those who were "unsaved" and died prior to May 21 will not be affected by or experience the Rapture or the end of the world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Camping
here how he got the day:
http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mens ... l#ref=nldt
Oldie

Re: should be under homor

Unread post by Oldie »

Greets to all on EMF This is my first post- after many years of silence just felt a need to share
WILL this be our final moment to post ? Harold Camping thinks so . I am amazed by the publicity that he has - I believe there are many who send him their savings via the radio station. He will not talk about refunds .
Maybe r/jz missed their flip on this one!
This is such a great site It has been a lifeline for me . Sane intelligent understanding very enlightened folk
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

I do remember Ramtha teaching on how some people will be "lifted off" but it will not be their conscious selves. That was one teaching.

Another "teaching" -(I do not know why I keep using that term, when its more like BS.) was..I do remember Ramtha warning us, when this saving of us "enlightened" comes, to stay on earth, if given the choice to leave or stay. Ramtha said there are bad aliens who will fool us. They will send us off to another planet. So when they come for us, we must say, we would rather stay on Earth.

Then Earth will be the new Eden. And the people who chose to leave will be slaves. To aliens.

Anyone else hear this too? I remember thats how my imagination, in my head remembered the teaching.

So Ram says that the rapture-- is bad aliens, fooling us, into leaving Earth. WOW those Christians are really in deep doodoo
Sad Grandfather
Location: Joe Reeves, Carthage, Mississippi http://joesue.com/

Unread post by Sad Grandfather »

I saw Camping on TV tonight, saying the rapture takes place at 6 PM tomorrow, and rotates around the world to all the time zones. I suggest, if you don't want to participate, then you should head west. If you stay ahead of the rapture, when you cross the international date line, it will be Sunday, and you'll have missed the whole thing.
That thousands of people believe this BS, further convinces me that humanity has been in reverse evolution for decades, and many have evolved into complete idiots!
:roll:
Down with Judith Hampton Knight!
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

if you don't want to participate, then you should head west. If you stay ahead of the rapture, when you cross the international date line, it will be Sunday, and you'll have missed the whole thing.

as appealing would say - too frickn' funny!! Thanks Grandfather!
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

Camping employs 350 or so people in his radio enterprise out of Oakland Calf. average wage, $23,000. fully 80% of his employees or more do not believe in the end time hype and plan to be at work Monday morning. The devotees across the nation and world are another story.
Camping's "non-profit" business takes in nearly $10 million a year according to some sources.

Camping is most likely self-deluded but not stupid---I used to listen to him many years ago on my way to work at night to see what he's about. He is "certain" this thing will happen and he will not be here tomorrow---in fact as I am writing this the endtime earthquakes should be rolling thru New Zealand and Australia right now :shock:

We discussed this at work as a coworker had to deal with friends in 1994 who believed Camping's prophecy then and sold everything, but had to move in with another friend after nothing happened to bale them out.

One possible solution for this would be for secret ops to take Camping away, say he was raptured, then isolate him in a rubber room alone (with adequate comforts but no Bible or access to outside info) for a month to let him decide if he is in heaven or or not.
appealing

Unread post by appealing »

Right on AD what a ripper. I'm always happy to be quoted in such appropriate places! That guy is a prize chump and I can't help but wonder what her royal chumping highness in Yelm would have to say about him. She can hardly call him ridiculous given her own preposterous prophecies. I must admit though I would find it a bit hard not to be mildly amused by masses of ramsters in a dialogue about it.

Appealing
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Joe...
should be rolling thru New Zealand and Australia right now

That’s odd, it’s a beautiful sunny day today here in NZ, the birds are happily singing in the trees and the Ocean is gentle and sparkling blue... :D
Guess the cataclysm will have to wait till June 15th... :shock:

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

david, david,
Have ye not heard that the prayers of the faithful have been used by the hosts on hi to spare you this karma in New Zealand?
Have ye not learned the lesson from The Day the Earth Stood Still?
As with all good cliff hangers, thy god saves when his hero is at the brink of destruction. Even that rascal Captain Jack Sparrow slips from sure destruction in every Pirates of the Carribean saga.

On Times Square a reporter interviewed Camping/Family Radio devotee Robert Fitzpatrick who spent his own money to advertize (expensive in NY!) for Camping's prophecy all over NYC. He said after the 6 pm deadlines came and went:
"I can't tell you what I feel right now," he said surrounded by tourists. "I don't understand it. I don't know. I don't understand what happened....Obviously, I haven't understood it correctly because we're still here."
(AP)

Fitzpatrick is another example of someone living out his life as a character in someone else's lousy script, but unlike Johnny Depp who knows he is not Jack Sparrow, the confused Fitzpatrick will have a difficult time changing costumes now.
freemysoul

Unread post by freemysoul »

:lol: very well put Grandfather.....................
Sad Grandfather

I saw in the paper, today, where the reporters are searching high and low for Camping. His business is closed, and abandoned, as is his home. Could it be that he was the only one raptured?
:shock: :roll:
OR maybe he's off to the tourist Meccas of the world, spending some of those millions he reportedly had stashed?
:lol:
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

sad grandfather...
Meccas? maybe Camping will finally submit to Allah and stop pretending to be His prophet 8)

my guess is he's recalculating and will emerge with another date...or suggest that God used this as a lesson..

reminds me of Benjamin Creme, who I encountered twice in NM when he was on tour, once before and once after his prediction that Maitreya [as the Christ, the Imam Mahdi, the Kalki Avatar, the final Buddha] would appear in an airplane coming "through the clouds" in the spring of 1982. "He" would speak to all mankind through the airwaves and be heard in that native language. Creme and his Tara Fdn took out expensive full-page ads in the major news incl NY Times and LA Times, London, Tokyo, etc to annnounce the event.

Creme said if this prophecy did not come true, he would retire to an island and write his memoirs...no such luck. he maintained that "the Christ-Maitreya" indeed did reappear and was in a male Pakistani body in London, but people were not yet ready for him to make himself public, so he-Maitreya was still using Creme as spokesman.

Pretty cool maneuver, eh? :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Creme
After 1982
Share International Cover, featuring one of Benjamin Creme's artworks
Since Maitreya's failure to appear in 1982, Creme has made a number of additional predictions and announcement of the imminent appearance of Maitreya based on his claims of receiving telepathic messages from a Master of Wisdom.

In 1997 Creme made similar predictions that Maitreya would appear on television and be interviewed around the world. This time there was far less media interest.[12]

On 14 January 2010 Benjamin Creme announced that Maitreya had given his first television interview on US television. Soon afterwards several people in the USA, with no connection to Share International, made a false assumption that British-American journalist and author Raj Patel was Maitreya. After newspaper articles around the world wrote about this story, Benjamin Creme explained that Raj Patel was not the coming World Teacher in an article in The Guardian newspaper called “Raj Patel is not Maitreya, but the World Teacher is here – and needed.”[13]

Creme, who claims that time is now very near for Maitreya's emergence, does not receive any money for this work or royalties from his 14 books, and has for over 30 years given lectures around the world by invitation only. A worldwide network of volunteers works with Benjamin Creme to give his views out to the public.[14]
joe sz
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

btw, Creme is a product of the Great White Brotherhood stream of occultists stemming from Rosicrucians through Theosophy, Order of the Golden Dawn, CUT, Ramtha, blahhblahh,blahh....
Creme specifically studied the works of Alice A Bailey, a Theosophist maverick, before coming up with his own revelation and "master" to channel.

fyi: A A Bailey (1880- 1949) Back in the day, i read all and studied most of her channeled works too...more crap that's in the dusty attics of my brain :oops:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_A._Bailey
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

more crap that's in the dusty attics of my brain
I think Joe you could write an excellent book titled "The Origins of the Cultcrap"
Charles Darwin comes to mind....
you may upset a lot of people but think of the fame and fortune... ;-)

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

David,
I've hacked at 3 manuscripts for many years...maybe too many :?: Barriers to publication are lack of time to make a really good yet entertaining statement that will appeal to a wider audience, and money for a good editor. There is no money or fame in books of this type--a few authors among my peer group of cultbusters broke even but most lose money when taking time and effort to promote into the mix.

In recent decades, I think 'Madame Blavatsky's Baboon' by Peter Washington was the most successful in this genre about 'channelers' and gurus but it was never ranked as a best seller.

Another that did well in the UK only was Spying in Guruland by William Shaw (1994)
http://www.icsahome.com/infoserv_bookre ... ruland.htm

I am sure this Camping debacle is spurning a host of new books and films on apocalyptic sects, but they better hurry because the public has a short attention span---always good for a tv episode of Law and Order and some good riffs by comedians on late night, in any case!
Sad Grandfather

Camping has crawled out of his hiding place, and says his calculations were off by 6 months, so get ready for Oct 21. Same song, second verse, and send more money!

I find it depressing that there are enough people stupid enough to send this guy $18 million in 2009!
:roll: :evil:
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

From the way I understand it, Camping said - oops, you really don't float up to heaven on judgement day. I guess maybe your soul does, or something like that, to get counted if you are one of the lucky ones that believes the correct brand of christianity. Gee, I think he got that from the 19th century when the group that became the Seventh Day Adventists predicted Armageddon and nothing happened - they said it actually happened in heaven, and we just didn't see it, so the group went on with the re-think, and they're still around.

The October 21 Earth destruction, I am pretty sure, is still on Camping's original time line; it was supposed to be five months between judgement and the final zorching of Earth by a fireball.

How convenient it is that October 21st also lines up on about the same time as one of JZ's putative disasters on October 17th when poor beleagured comet C/2010 X1 Elenin is supposed to rain destruction on Earth. Never mind that Elenin is an ice ball with only a billionth the mass of Earth and there isn't any shred of eveidence that Elenin possesses some sort of magic quantum entanglement that gives it power massively beyond its puny size.

If you want a hoot, search for Elenin on Youtube and you'll find ridiculous basement-produced videos with cheesy graphics and lack of science. It is all quite a hoot, and it makes me wonder how poor Elenin got tapped as the victim of the psuedo science dog and pony show. This is the garbage that JZ and other doomsdayers are using to show they're correct.

Or maybe the Earth really is turning on its axis since Oprah Winfrey is finally packing it in. Where will Deepack Chopra hawk his books?
true blue

Unread post by true blue »

thanks ockam i needed a laugh
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

How is the believing public reacting to the rapture not happening? Or do they still believe in him, and have a new date?

When Ramtha would predict something, and it didn't happen, in the back of my mind, sitting in a room somewhere, I said to myself, Come on Ramtha get it right. I wanted so bad for Ramtha to be right to prove he was real thing.

My lawyer told me, and it stuck with me, that all this wasn't Jz's fault, but that the followers of Ramtha were the worthless ones. I know it sounds harsh, but the followers are the ones who lie for their guru. The followers of this church are the ones who pushed his agenda.

That doesnt make sense though, because if you buy something advertised and you get a different thing, you should be able to return it and get your money back. These people cannot get their money back and cannot sue. Why? Because its common sense this stuff is make believe.

Is it people's fault for believing in the rapture?

Did they teach us in school that all spirituality ( unseen, unknown stuff) is BS? No, they don't and we even have religion accepted in society.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Hi Vanilla,

That's an interesting question you raise. Which party, if any, is at fault in the RSE / student relationship. I know what I think, and it is probably the same as most posters on EMF, that Knight and the RSE are baloney.

I'll take exception to what the lawyer ssaid, but out of the exact context that might be unfair. I have to admit that many times in the legal world of torts, it can seem to me to be as much mumbo-jumbo as the pseudo-science of RSE.

Where I disagree is that I feel the majority of RSE attendees are going to the school in good faith because they think they'll get something good out of it. I doubt the students want to be cheated. Perhaps the lawyer is saying that the students are foolish not to regogize they're being cheated and then stop going to RSE.

If somebody ever did sue RSE, RSE would probably argue that the JZ / Ramtha show is merely entertainment (albeit expensive entertainment) the same way fortune tellers claim their trade is entertainment.

The RSE gag order / non disclosure agreement is another piece of work. I think that many parts of it could be challenged bin court. RSE is essentially asking students to agree to something they can't know in advance. The problem is that Knight has a lot of cash and can afford to out-lawyer most students. Perhaps an energetic young attorney would take on Knight with a class action suit.

I don't think one could show that RSE is in breach of promise because RSE is careful not to promise any specific measureable outcome. RSE is not like, for example, a technical shool where you're promised to score a passing grade on certification test for a particular trade at the end of the course. In marketing literature, what RSE says you'll learn is subjective.
ex

Unread post by ex »

there is the dynamic that some educated well meaning people r around the guru actually convert the masses. they r convinced he is the real thing. your lawyer is right there. they get a piece of the pie. what they do when they wake up is up to them. if they stay or leave with profit. one who knows the scam and exposes would break rse. but this happened in a small way already. sai baba got away with child molesting. so sadly rse will continue till the cool aid. at least there is a different view here and people can make up their minds for them self. even jzr speaks about doubt he preaches it as a failure to do the work. in realty its the seed of change and waking up.
ex

Unread post by ex »

Return to “Destructive Manipulative Sects/Cults/Corperations, Cult Leaders Other Than RSE/JZ Knight”