Published March 05, 2008
JZ Knight appeals land decision
YELM ? Ramtha School of Enlightenment leader JZ Knight is appealing a Yelm City Council land-use decision to Thurston County Superior Court.
Knight, represented by Seattle attorney Keith Moxon, filed an appeal this week regarding the council's Feb. 12 decision to allow five housing developments totaling 568 new homes inside city limits.
The appeal was based on the city's lack of secured water rights to serve the new developments, Moxon said Wednesday.
"The city's own planning documents say they expect a shortage of water," he said. He added that allowing so many new homes would create a "train wreck" for the city's future water supplies.
Seattle attorney Richard Settle, who represents Yelm in the case, could not be reached Wednesday.
The City Council voted unanimously Jan. 22 to deny Knight's appeal and to uphold an Oct. 9 ruling by city hearing examiner Stephen Casseaux Jr. allowing the subdivisions. Council members, who said they could find no errors in Casseaux's ruling, adopted their decision Feb. 12 by resolution.
Settle and attorneys for the developers argued in January that the city had done extensive studies on water supplies and were prepared for housing growth.
The developments, which include single-family homes, townhouses and condominiums, are Windshadow I and II, Wyndstone, Berry Valley I and Tahoma Terra Phase II.
The proposed new homes are within a mile of Ramtha School, a spiritual-growth center established in Yelm by Knight 20 years ago.
Moxon said the superior court likely will schedule hearings in the case within 30 to 50 days.
Keri Brenner covers Thurston County for The Olympian. She can be reached at 360-754-5435 or email@example.com.
"Why doesn't JZ realize that all she is doing is hurting working people in the Yelm area that rely on that work to feed their families. My employer says he has more work for me if JZ will quit her shit. In the mean time I'm cutting fire wood trying to feed my family..."
jason | 03.06.08 - 11:54 am | #
ATTENTION THE OLYMPIAN COMMENT THREAD USERS:
A valid email address is required for all comments.
Commenters are required to follow posting guidelines.
Oh, my goodness ! ...smile...insert humor ... it sounds much like EMF ! RULES !!
"Community Publishing Guidelines
The Olympian encourages a free and open exchange of ideas in a climate of mutual respect. The Olympian welcomes your participation in our online discussion and comment posting systems. We hope these forums offer you the chance to interact with our writers and each other. In order to keep these forums enjoyable and interesting for all of our users, we ask simply that you follow these minimal rules. These rules are only a minimum; in addition to complying with these rules, we ask that you also exercise common sense and generally be considerate toward your fellow users. By participating either in our online discussion and comment posting systems, you are consenting to these rules.
1. You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you post. You will not knowingly post content that violates the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party and that you will remove the same should you discover that you have violated this provision. Likewise, you may not post content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, that violates a third party's right to privacy, that otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate. You will indemnify The Olympian, its employees, agents, and affiliates from any and all claims and/or damages (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
2. You understand and agree that The Olympian is not responsible for any content posted by third parties. You further understand that The Olympian does not and cannot review all content prior to its posting. Keep in mind that more than likely you will read a post before The Olympian staff. Nevertheless, The Olympian may monitor the discussion forums as it chooses and reserves the right (but assumes no obligations) to remove, edit or otherwise alter content that it deems inappropriate for any reason without obtaining anyone?s consent. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user's privilege to post content in our discussion forums.
3. You understand and agree that these discussion forums are to be used only for noncommercial purposes. You may not solicit funds, promote commercial entities or otherwise engage in non-commercial activity in our discussion forums.
4. The discussion forums are for text only. Use of graphics and audio is not appropriate.
5. You acknowledge and agree that you use and/or rely on any information obtained through the discussion forums at your own risk. The Olympian is not in any manner endorsing the content of the discussion groups and cannot and will not vouch for its reliability.
6. For any content that you post, you hereby grant to The Olympian the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part, world-wide and to incorporate it in other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
To register a complaint about another user's conduct, please use the "report" function located under every comment."
it is Keith but I wonder if there is a relation?
However the school began, it now serves as a hypocrisy. If JZR wants her own "place," she apparently has the $$$ to purchase a small island and allow the rest of Yelm residents to live without her trying-to-be-intimidating "gaze." Has she not realized SHE is living in her own past? Where is the growth of her "ranch?" It's static. Imo, each time she ventures into the public eye in this manner, she is denying her own school's teaching of "manifesting and creating your own reality." Not everyone is in a state of brainwash.