Judith trying to capitalize on the Seahawks Superbowl win?

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
Jeff Adams

Judith trying to capitalize on the Seahawks Superbowl win?

Unread post by Jeff Adams »

Below is the text of a letter to the editor in the February 14, 2014 edition to the Nisqually Valley News out of Yelm, Washington (below that is the direct link to the opinion piece where you can leave comments, see previous LTE's by RSE followers who have now been instructed to be gamblers on football games.):
Editor,

Anyone who knows me knows I have been an avid Seahawks fan for quite a while. I go to every game possible, and nearly lose my voice every time, shouting along with other diehard fans as we shake the earth beneath us.

I wear jerseys, T-shirts and ties; proudly drive around in one of my vehicles with a “season-ticket holder” license plate trim; hang the 12th Man flag; and much more. I stay a fan in good seasons and bad ones, too.

I realize we now have a ton of new fans. Some may call them “fair-weather fans.” So? I welcome all to be fans of my team.

However, in last week’s Nisqually Valley News, I think most of us felt a little dirty after reading what people from a local dangerous cult said. They tried to imply somehow the Seahawks won with New Age techniques, which are somewhat unique to our local guru, implying Ramtha would make a good quarterback; or even implying that utilizing the dangerous cult’s disciplines could produce similar victories. One suggested Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson was a cult Master (he is a Christian who refers to himself as a servant).

Pfft! I laughed out loud, and then my heart sank.

Sure, I welcome all new Seahawks fans. I just don’t like seeing more people being sucked into dangerous cults. It’s disturbing the Seahawks’ Super Bowl win is being used to recruit. The best thing about these cult members becoming Seahawks fans is they have become football fans. I’ve listened to countless ramblings by JZ Knight as she does her Ramtha gig. For years she has bad-mouthed football, and her followers know this all too well. It was as if JZ Knight didn’t understand why people like to watch football, so in her speeches she berated those who did, and the sport in general.

Now that the Hawks are a national sensation, Knight and/or other leaders/followers want in on the action. It is no different than the years “Seabiscuit” (2003) the movie was popular. Seabiscuit, the champion Thoroughbred racehorse, was popular way before JZ Knight. But the movie came out half a century later, and that is when Knight went on about it and all the popular conspiracy theories she tried to claim as her own.

With the Seahawks winning their first world championship, it appears the cult and its leader want in on the action — even claiming to somehow “see the win and make it happen.”

Yes, it’s true. They even had little gatherings where people claimed to remotely “see” the victory.

In conversations with many people prior to the game, including the sports writer for this newspaper, I said I wanted a clear and decisive victory where no one could say, “The refs caused us to win” or “The Bronco’s didn’t show up.” Although many people claimed it would be a close game, I stood my ground and adamantly repeated my desire. Guess what. I was right. Guess what else. I was right without any New Age, kooky disciplines. Nor did I pray it into existence. I’m just a sports fan – a Seahawks fan — and I let my hopes for the Super Bowl be known. It turns out I was spot on.

If some guru is simply trying to make more money with claims they have some special techniques unique to them by suggesting the Seahawks used said methods, they would be completely wrong. Meditation, focusing and so on is all part of my Christian and Biblical life. No cult or guru is needed.

The Seahawks won Super Bowl XLVIII without a cult or guru. Ramtha would not make a good quarterback because even fantasy football uses numbers from real players — not phony entities.

Jeff Adams

Lacey

Editor’s Note: Jeff Adams is a pastor at Paramount Christian Church in Yelm and Lacey who writes a weekly religion column for the Nisqually Valley News.

http://www.yelmonline.com/opinion/lette ... f887a.html
Rooster

Re: Judith trying to capitalize on the Seahawks Superbowl wi

Unread post by Rooster »

Why does that make so much sense to me? Lol....funny JZ knight called a gathering a week before the super bowl,. To be on super bowl day. The whole thing was odd. Being a very long ago former student. Sports? Who watches and wastes their time with sports? That is the old teaching. You were to turn it all off. What good is it to throw a ball back and fourth? You learn nothing? "Wake up"! as Ramtha would say.
Lol...Wake up! I say, rooster calling...lol HELLO? :roll: :lol:
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

That is a laugh our loud moment about, "Ramtha," having something to do with the Seattle Sea hawks winning the Superbowl contest. I thought Ramtha is supposed to be a global (and beyond?) phenomenon. It doesn't seem like Ramtha would care about who won. Ethics aside (Oh, that's right: no right or wrong in the RSE universe) the only thing Ramtha should care about in rigging the game's outcoume would be covering the point spread, no who wins per se. The point spread is the score differential that is required when placing a bet.

Presuming Seattle is close enough to Yelm to be considered Ramtha's adopted home town, then the United States must be Ramtha's adopted home country, now that Ramtha has ditched Asia Minor as home. I guess Ramtha isn't so good at, or doesn't care much, about rigging a good showing for the US at the Olympics. You'd think a 35,000 year old guy that considers himself a bit of a globalist would take some interest in something like the Olympic games that has a global scope. Too many gray men involved? What gives, Ramtrha?
seriously

Unread post by seriously »

At one of the events I attended, JZ acting as Ramtha ridiculed people for spending time bouncing a ball and putting it through a circle. The breath is the real work masters. Concern yourself not with pursuits not in line with your enlightenment.

Return to “News Articles”