sloppy journalistic shorthand

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
Ockham

sloppy journalistic shorthand

Unread post by Ockham »

What bugs me is that the media almost always talk about JZ Knight with phrases similar to if not exactly, "... JZ Knight who channels the 35000 year old Lumerian warrior Ramths,..." as if that is, oh, just another matter of fact. The Seattle PI, Nisqually Valley News and others have all done it. I am hoping it is just sloppy journalistic shorthand, when they ought to be saying, "who says she channels," "allegedly channels," etc. I would feel really bad if the media are saying it they way they do out of defence to JZ Knight. Gag me with a spoon! Lumeria isn't even a place that exists now and not known definitively to have ever existed. Further, 3500 years ago was the paleolithic era, pre bronze age. Humans were doing well to avoid being eaten by wild animals and lacked the wherewithal to form global global armies as claimed in the Ramtha myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: sloppy journalistic shorthand

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Thank you Ockham,

Ive moved your post to its own topic thread.
I am hoping it is just sloppy journalistic shorthand
My experience dealing with the local Thurston County newspapers...: NV News, The Olympian, The News Tribune,
They have proved themselves to be 'protectors' of JZ Knight.
They often refer to JZ Knight as a Spiritual Leader :roll:
I believe there are several causes feeding this corruption of journalism
Money, Fear, Prestige, Drugs and Politics....
I wrote about my encounter with Kerry Brenner reporter from the Olympian
Here >
EMF View topic - RSE Whistleblowers betrayed by The Olympian Newspaper
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1847&p=885&hilit=The+Olympian#p885
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Sometimes the media do state it unapologetically. Colorado Newsday wrote in an article about about Radu and Diana Nemes:
The RSE was established by female leader J.Z. Knight, a business school drop-out from Roswell, New Mexico, who claims to channel messages from a 35,000-year-old warrior.
Her spiritual method claims to bring together ancient wisdom with the power of consciousness and the latest scientific discoveries.
Ms Knight, (the J.Z. stands for Judy Zebra), a 68-year-old who has three marriages under her belt, holds retreats for her followers on private land attached to her French chateau-style mansion.
In 2007, her business filed profits of $2.6million from retreats, books, CDs and DVD sales.
http://www.coloradonewsday.com/news/reg ... -cult.html (dead link)

New link to same article from UK Daily mail paper:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -cult.html

It is a great article with lots of creepy photos of the Nemes' underground bunker.
Lost in Space

Unread post by Lost in Space »

There may have been islands which sunk into the sea 35,000 years ago. There may even have been a Lemuria. And the date humans first became what we might called civilized or technologically advanced keeps being pushed further back. We cannot state categorically that Lemuria or something like it could not have existed. That being said, it is easy to believe that local press representative are so afraid of The RSE Corporation and it's fondness for litigation that they dare not publish questions as to the authenticity or lack thereof of channeling or Ramtha. Interesting topic.
seriously

Unread post by seriously »

Hey Lost in Space. I wrote about the Lemuria topic a while ago. Here's the link viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2127

35,000 years is nothing in geologic time. Geologists universally state that Lemuria and Mu never existed. JZ acting as Ramtha has also claimed to be from a land called Mu. She does this during the infamous Merv interview where JZs acting skills hadn't quite honed her Ramtha persona yet. The work of a thespian is never done. Although neither Lemuria or Mu physically existed, they're different made up places. She has claimed to be from both at different times. I think I have a link to a map in the above thread showing a pretend world map with both places. It also includes Atlantis I think.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

If Ramtha were from what is now the lower Indus River valley 35,000 years ago, then Ramtha would likely have been living in an inhospitable region. 35,000 years ago was probably an interglacial warm phase preceeding the most recent glacial advance. Looking at climatalogical estimates, the Earth 35,000 years ago appears still to have been much colder than our 21st century climate. The few thousand years before 35,000 years were even colder, so I suspect there is a fairly good chance the route of what is now the Indus river was heavily glaciated 35,000 years ago.

Here is one chart showing the climatalogical estimate:
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/ctl/clisci100kb.html

35,000 years ago, using charts from the above source, it appears mean sea level would have been about 90 meters (almost 300 feet) lower than in the 21st century. The water not in the oceans may have existed as massive ice sheets hundreds or even thousands of meters thick on land, mostly in the northern hemisphere. Remember that land is only about 30% of the Earth surface, so taking water out of the oceans will result in land ice much thicker the sea level drop. Ice is less dense than water, so the layer of land ice would be deeper yet compared to the sea level drop.
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

I may not be able to map Atlantis or Mu, but I am a horse freak. From my studies Ramtha would have been riding on a very small pony. Neah....lol!
seriously

Unread post by seriously »

Rooster, interesting. How large were horses 35,000 years ago compared to modern day horses or donkeys. Also, how tall did JZ's pretend friend claim to be? 7ft comes to mind but I don't know if that's accurate.
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

That was a mistake on my part. I know there were normal sized horses. No evidence of large horses in that time period. It just does not make logical sense. They do have cave drawings dating back 44,000, 35,000 years ago. Just of the horses believed to be a food source. Possibly, some relationship other than food. Horses became extinct in many areas as they were hunted for food. It was 10,000 years ago evidence has been found horses were used in riding. Lol....but does a seven foot warrior from Atlantis make sense?

Return to “News Articles”