LINK TO OVER 80 MEDIA ARTICLES ON RSE, JZK

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
journeythroughramthaland

LINK TO OVER 80 MEDIA ARTICLES ON RSE, JZK

Unread post by journeythroughramthaland »

Good collection of articles, if one has the patience to read through them one will get an idea of how long and how much has been going on (that was told or reported on).

http://search.nwsource.com/search?from= ... pe=network
:!: :!:
"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."
-William Mizner
tree

Wednesday, September 30, 1992

Unread post by tree »

Section: News, Page: B2

New Age channeler J.Z. Knight broke down and cried several times yesterday as attorneys questioned her in the fourth week of a trial to determine if her former husband's $120,000 divorce settlement should be increased.

Knight said she was shattered by a confrontation with Jeffrey Knight in late August or September 1988. She said Jeffrey told her he planned to expose her as a fake and a fraud, and that she would end up in prison.

``I don't think you know what kind of trouble you're in," she said her husband told her. ``You're going to prison. You're a fake and you're a fraud. Nobody believes you channel the Ram."
tree

DOCTOR RAPS RAMTHA MOVEMENT

Unread post by tree »

DOCTOR RAPS RAMTHA MOVEMENT
By George Foster P-I Reporter
Tuesday, September 15, 1992
Section: News, Page: B3

Coercive techniques used by spiritualist J.Z. Knight's Ramtha movement exploit weaknesses that might already exist in its followers, a Seattle psychiatrist said in a trial brief filed yesterday.

Dr. G. Christian Harris' testimony came in the second week of a trial over a property settlement in the 1989 divorce of J.Z. Knight, 46, and horse trainer Jeffrey Knight, 36.

The ex-husband claims he was under the influence of a 35,000-year-old spirit named Ramtha when he agreed to receive $120,000 in the settlement. Testimony so far has revealed that J.Z. Knight's Yelm-based spiritualist movement centered on Ramtha grossed as much as $4.4 million annually during their marriage.

Pierce County Superior Court Judge Bruce Cohoe has said the civil trial is limited to the movement's ``effect on Jeffrey Knight and his ability to function."

Testimony by Knight and Harris have characterized the movement as a cult with extraordinary powers on its members. Harris described organizations that use mind control techniques on their members as ``destructive

cults."

In court documents and on the witnesses stand Harris said Jeffrey Knight suffered severe effects from a mental affliction called dissociative disorder during his five-year marriage to J.Z. Knight.

He described the illness as a condition where ``the normal identity ... of an individual's personality is impaired."

``Mr. Knight had suspended virtually all skeptical thinking with respect to Ramtha and his wife, and had a tremendous dependence on them both," Harris said.

``He (Jeffrey Knight) had a naive trust which his wife was able to manipulate," Harris said. ``This mental disability was particularly evident in his lack of judgment regarding medical treatment for his HIV status and his dealings with his dissolution of marriage."

Jeffrey Knight testified last week that Ramtha ``told me he would teach me how to heal myself and that I should not worry about" being HIV-positive. He also said he followed Ramtha's advice and did not take medication for medical problems associated with his HIV status until six years after it was discovered and after he had abandoned his beliefs in the spirit.

Outside the courtroom last week, Jeffrey Knight called the Ramtha movement a sham.
tree

Channeler missed the quake vibes

Unread post by tree »

Channeler missed the quake vibes
Friday, March 9, 2001
The phone call to The Seattle Times came from the Thurston County town of Yelm. The caller was Lynn Quayle, who does marketing and publicity for the Ramtha School of Enlightenment, an enterprise founded by J.Z. Knight on her 120-acre Yelm estate.

Knight channels Ramtha, a mystic 35,000-year-old warrior spirit who allegedly first appeared to her in her Tacoma kitchen in 1977. Since then, Knight has established the school, a multimillion-dollar business.

But back to Quayle's call. The publicist asked - "for my own information" - about predictions of a 9.6 earthquake that supposedly would occur under Seattle before March 14. Quayle thought The Times had published the story, citing official sources.

Not so. Rumors of "the Big One" aren't true, not even possible. A spokesman for the University of Washington seismology lab has said no known faults under Seattle could produce a quake of that magnitude.

Odds are no different from what they were weeks ago.

So Quayle, Knight and Ramtha can rest easier. The question now is: Why didn't Ramtha warn us about the Ash Wednesday quake?

Bwahahah!!! :roll: :twisted: hm.......
tree

Former Teacher Sues Spiritualist Knight

Unread post by tree »

Former Teacher Sues Spiritualist Knight
AP

TACOMA - A former schoolteacher is suing J.Z. Knight, claiming the Yelm spiritualist and the 35,000-year-old warrior she "channels" defrauded her.

Betty Nunnery, 46, contends in her lawsuit filed in Thurston County Superior Court that Knight and the omniscient being Ramtha induced her to give up her career, marriage, home and assets under false pretenses.

Followers of Ramtha say the being is channeled through Knight, who relays his spiritual counsel at gatherings and seminars Knight conducts.

Nunnery, who formerly taught junior-high-school students in Spokane, said she learned of Knight and Ramtha in 1984 when she viewed a videotape of a session with Ramtha. She attended her first live session with Knight in January 1985. She attended 27 more in Yelm, about 15 miles southeast of Olympia, and outside of Washington through summer 1989, she said.

Nunnery said she became so caught up in Knight's teachings that she left her job in 1987 and divorced her husband, John, in 1988. Her attorney, John Messina, said Nunnery spent her assets, including her retirement fund, while under Knight's influence.

He said she remains under psychiatric care nearly four years after her last Ramtha session. "She's still in a very delicate condition," he said.

The suit seeks unspecified damages.

Knight lost a case last year brought by her former husband, Jeffrey Knight, who contended he was induced to accept too small a divorce settlement.

A Pierce County Superior Court judge awarded him about $800,000 in additional funds.

Copyright (c) 1993 Seattle Times Company, All Rights Reserved.
tree

Unread post by tree »

Spokane Woman Who Didn't Die Sues Channeler
Times Staff: Times News Services

OLYMPIA

A Spokane woman suing a self-described "spirit channeler" says she left her husband and job and depleted her retirement funds after being told she would die by 1990.

Betty Nunnery was acting on advice given by Ramtha, an ancient warrior spirit who gives guidance through spirit channeler J.Z. Knight of Yelm, Thurston County, the lawsuit says.

Nunnery was persuaded to "release control of her mental and emotional well-being to the entity `Ramtha,' " according to the suit.

Tacoma lawyer John Messina filed the suit this week in Thurston County Superior Court, claiming Knight engaged in an unfair trade practice.

The suit seeks compensation for Nunnery's loss of earnings from her former job, her lost future earnings, $10,000 in punitive damages and other costs.

According to the suit, Nunnery suffers from emotional and mental disability, pain, discomfort and anguish requiring medical care and treatment.

It says that in July 1985, Nunnery attended a "Ramtha event" in Phoenix, where she "was among a number of people who were put in a circle and was told by `Ramtha' that she would die before 1990."

Copyright (c) 1993 Seattle Times Company, All Rights Reserved.
journeythroughramthaland

Unread post by journeythroughramthaland »

In court documents and on the witnesses stand Harris said Jeffrey Knight suffered severe effects from a mental affliction called dissociative disorder during his five-year marriage to J.Z. Knight.

He described the illness as a condition where ``the normal identity ... of an individual's personality is impaired."

I wonder, since the "scientific" studies showed that the students tested were on average 3x the norm on a dissociative scale ( JZ scoring the highest at over 8x) would have been used as evidence to support Harris testimony on the effect on Jeff Knight? Ian W. said in their study that this scale represented the degree in which one "keeps secrets from self" That certainly would impair ones personality (IMHO) It might also represent the reason JZ could not recall the confession of the two students who were accuse of sexual misconduct with the 15 year old girl, not that she is not aware of what the big dude says and hears.
"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."
-William Mizner
tree

Unread post by tree »

the students tested were on average 3x the norm on a dissociative scale ( JZ scoring the highest at over 8x)
my thoughts EXACTLY.
Disassociation at it's finest.....
I would be curious to know what a) current student's disassociation % is now
b) JZ's current disassociation % is now
c) what my disassociation % is now after being out almost 1 yr 5mos
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

""But if you quietlly and promise never to speak out, she will pay you well? (um... JO Alt and possibly
JO's father, Mike< come to mind)""

Imagine the money these guys could make if they wrote a book on this...and who knows where they are now? I mean, Malaysia, etc....certain places do not recognize court decisions made in this country......

I wonder how many people would just LOVE to hear what these guys have to say!!! Perhaps they'd even make more $$$ than jzrk herself!
:wink:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

""Jeffrey Knight testified last week that Ramtha ``told me he would teach me how to heal myself and that I should not worry about" being HIV-positive. He also said he followed Ramtha's advice and did not take medication for medical problems associated with his HIV status until six years after it was discovered and after he had abandoned his beliefs in the spirit. ""

Really, now, I'm wondering, legally - could there not have been some type of "involuntary" or "voluntary" manslaughter charge, since jzrk either knows she is a fraud, or is perhaps suffering from mental illness herself.

I still don't understand WHY she kept this poor man's surname, or why her children use it, since they are obviously "Hensely" (sp) children.
Her/the big guy/gal's manipulation of Jeff's mind led to his demise. She must bear some responsibility for it, no?
:cry: :cry: :cry:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

G2G,

It is a good question...many people have died in RSE because they didn't get proper medical care. Not only are they told that they wouldn't need insurance unless they have a "reality" of NEEDING it, but they also have Blue Body to heal them, OR, ........I should say and/or.......Ramtha has said "just look into my eyes" and he'll do healings. He ('he') has also said that students can focus on his eyes from a bookmark that was sold at the Annex, and in the store in Yelm. Also, students were told that in the same way that they would ask for something "in Jesus' name" for it to be so, they could ask for something to BE, "in Ramtha's name" for it to be so, because he would empower it as he hasn't any doubt to deal with.

IN MY OPINION, JZK has, as you said, directly/indirectly, through the teachings, created/allowed students to believe, if not encouraged/coerced them to believe they need NOT go to traditional practitioners (though she herself did do so), for medical help. As Tree mentioned, there was/is a sort of shame attached to it, or needing meds. Gods don't need those things, so what ARE you thinking!?, is as the thought goes.

Sad, sad. Manslaughter ? I've vote yes if I were on a jury.

MY OPINION
California Dreamin'

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

[quote]"But if you quietlly and promise never to speak out, she will pay you well? (um... JO Alt and possibly
JO's father, Mike< come to mind)"[/quote]

Maybe brother Brett Alt would be willing to talk?
tree

Unread post by tree »

Maybe brother Brett Alt would be willing to talk?
I am thinking the entire Alt family was paid off at some later point.
I know Mike was pretty angry for a while, went back to CA.
JO moved to Spain-comes back every once in a while for god knows what or why.
I am thinking she paid the whole family a nice tidy sum and then told them
"sign here" which equates to not saying anything until 25 years after her death.

If you ask me, if one signs a waiver saying "until 25 years after JZ Knight's death"
then she KNOWS she is NOT going to ascend. wth?

Current students: WAKE UP! the piece of paper sais:
"will not talk about things you saw until 25 years AFTER HER DEATH."

Ding!Ding! Ding! She is NOT going to ascend.
She is NOT going to take her body with her.
YOU are not going to ascend.
You are going to go out the natural way animals do on this earth......6 feet under.

Well, maybe that is not what they are teaching the newbies.
Anything to keep the sham (as Jeff Knight sais) going.
California Dreamin'

If you ask me, if one signs a waiver saying "until 25 years after JZ Knight's death"
then she KNOWS she is NOT going to ascend. wth?

Tree -

Do you know for a fact that there is a waiver that is signed, or is it just a supposition that a waiver form exists?
California Dreamin'

Spiritual Pathways Ministries blogs

I came across these links today: one is from 2007, one from Sept. 2008.

Interesting reads if you have spare time.

http://obadiah1317.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... -part-two/ (DEAD LINK)

http://sueannedwards.wordpress.com/2007 ... e-unknown/ (DEAD LINK)
tree

Unread post by tree »

there is a waiver upon becoming a staff member that states this
California Dreamin'

[quote]there is a waiver upon becoming a staff member that states this[/quote]

RED FLAG!!!!!

Is everyone on staff just so honored to be on staff that they've tossed out their critical thinking and blindly sign the waiver??? Oh yeah, right -- their critical thinking might lead them into the evil realms of "DOUBT" which is a sign of weakness and could possibly make their journey to enlightenment even longer. After all, Ramtha knows what everyone is thinking so I imagine no one would even dare to entertain the true implications of this waiver and risk incurring the wrath of Ramtha.[/quote]
tree

Unread post by tree »

Is everyone on staff just so honored to be on staff that they've tossed out their critical thinking and blindly sign the waiver???

no.
One's critical thinking is LONG gone before anyone signs a waiver.
Think, for instance, how long your critical thinking was askew-staff or not staff. Matters not. It is G O N E.

Most people clamor their ways to be on staff at RSE.
Once one has been offered a job, they would be willing to sign ANYTHING because they are
"closer to the hub of the wheel".
Kaworu

Unread post by Kaworu »

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... x-student/
OLYMPIA ? Yelm channeler JZ Knight testified Tuesday she was so "disturbed" at reports that spiritual teacher Whitewind Weaver had "taken my school's teachings, changed them around a little and then started teaching them" that she authorized a lawsuit.
Which is exactly what she does all the time with free available material! This woman never stops to surprise me.

Ridiculous.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Kaworu,

Yes, exactly. That's the pot calling the kettle black if ever I heard it, for JZ to whine like a baby about how Weaver allegedly took Knight's teachings and slightly tweaked them, then calling them her own.

I have right here in front of me (I've posted about this in the past), an old book publication, called From the Mundane to the Magnificent by Vera Stanley Alder. In the book, Alder speaks of a story whereby a spirit male comes to her to teach her about being an atom of consciousness, blue body, healing, levels of consciousness and more...all the teachings from RSE. It's just incredible the "coincidences"...if one believes it is a coincidence. I don't.

Carroll Cobbs, who is now deceased, and an ex-student who had left the school in disillusionment once he realized that a new science book/teaching he discussed with JZ, immediately became a teaching. I've spoken to other ex-students who are now in the quiet road of anonymity (at least for now), who have told similar stories. Coincidence ? (tongue in cheek)

Return to “News Articles”