RSE officials lash out at Glen Cunningham interview

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
Whatchamacallit

RSE officials lash out at Glen Cunningham interview

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

http://www.yelmonline.com/storynews.php ... om=&ucat=1 (DEAD LINK)

the Nisqually Valley since 1922 Friday, Oct. 3, 2008 nisquallyvalleynewsonline.com

RSE officials lash out at interview
A week after an interview with former JZ Knight bodyguard Glen Cunningham hit the Internet, RSE officials said they haven?t viewed the tape, and don?t plan to.
Posted 03 Oct 2008. E-mail this article to a friend.
By Megan Hansen
Nisqually Valley News

A week after an interview with former JZ Knight bodyguard Glen Cunningham hit the Internet, RSE officials said they haven?t viewed the tape, and don?t plan to.

?I have no intention in listening to small minds,? said James Flick, Knight?s companion and RSE property manager.

?I?m not going to waste my time listening to people complain about being a victim.?

?Cult is a nasty little four-letter word that people like to call others they don?t agree with.?

Last week, a video interview Cunningham did for the group Life After Ramtha?s School of Enlightenment, or LARSE, was posted online.

During the interview, Cunningham said that, while he was working at RSE, he never believed Knight channeled the spirit of a 35,000-year-old warrior, but went along with it.

Cunningham said that he thought RSE was a ?cult? and said in the video interview that he ?saw 1,200 people who would drink the Kool-Aid.?

?I find that utterly insulting and disgusting,? Flick said. ?Insinuating that beautiful families with their children, elderly people and young alike would murder themselves.?

?For him to say something like that is utterly disgusting.?

The comments about RSE being a cult were supposed to be edited out of the final online interview, Cunningham said Tuesday.

?I did not want that to go in,? Cunningham said. ?That was musing to myself.?

?I should have watched my words. If anything, remember, I?m only mad at myself.?

Flick also takes issue with Cunningham?s statement that he will often ?warn? potential students about the school ?before they waste their money.?

?This is a man who represents our local businesses,? Flick said. ?Someone these people voted in to represent them.?

Cunningham is president-elect for the Yelm Area Chamber of Commerce, though he won?t be president for another two years.

?If these local businesses feel the same way, we want to know,? Flick said. ?If they?re as bigoted as he is, we?ll take our money elsewhere.?

In response, Cunningham said his interview for LARSE has nothing to do with the chamber and that he doesn?t want to hurt it.

Flick also said he questions why Cunningham is speaking out after 17 years, and why Cunningham?s interview warranted front page coverage in last week?s Nisqually Valley News.

Flick said he believes LARSE students became disenchanted with JZ Knight and RSE because they didn?t get what they wanted from the school.

?Sometimes people get healed, sometimes they don?t,? Flick said. ?We?ve had hundreds of cases of miraculous healing.?

?This isn?t just a gift that?s given to you. You have to work for it.?

Cunningham?s interview for LARSE is divided into two parts and runs about 90 minutes and includes his experiences while attending RSE.

One experience Cunningham shares is the explanation he was given about the strawberry birthmark on his face.

Cunningham said that Ramtha told him the birthmark was a war wound from a previous life from being shot in the face.

On the videotape, Cunningham said that, after he was dismissed from the school, Knight alledgedly told her students that Cunningham was trying to kill her.

Consequently, most students avoided him in public, Cunningham said, but others would point their vehicles toward him in an intimidating manner as he crossed the street,

The entire Cunningham interview can be viewed online at http://www.yelmonline.com
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

I am so happy that the NVN has put this story on the front page and continues to give time to the people who speak out. I wonder if James is just sour that all those people who have experienced all the 'hundreds of miraculous healings' aren't on the front page...? Huh? Ever think about that one? Maybe because they don't exist? Or because they're full of BS? Or wouldn't be able to stand up to the scrutiny of what constitutes real news? Like corroboration of facts, etc?

And please, James can't come up with anything better than that lame response to the dirty little word 'cult'? Sounds like 'I know you are, but what am I?'. With a big fat 'nah-nah' at the end.

Aren't these the same lines we've heard before...? Former students are just bitter because they didn't get what they wanted (or rather what they were promised... and who's fault is that again?). Plus, where is the proof of one, just one, miracle??? You figure if there truly were hundreds, at least one would warrant coverage on the NVN's front page...? How about it? Come on, James, you can do better than sour grapes, can't you? And just because you close your eyes and hold your ears and keep repeating it, does not make it so. Please. :roll:
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
journeythroughramthaland

statistics

Unread post by journeythroughramthaland »

James claims about miraculous healings are basic nonsense.

remember a full 30% of the population gets "cured' through placebo is a well known fact.

The average of people who have had cancer in the US is about 8%.

Spontaneous remission (Not needing to go to RSE) is approximately 5%.

If Greg's numbers were correct about the 70,000 students who have been through the school that would leave approx. 5,600 who would have had cancer statistically. 5% of those would leave 112.

We all know that the "miraculous cures" do not only refer to cancer but to items like JZ's emphysema and the myriad of other ailments we all are exposed to.

Given that, by statistics alone, the actual number of healings should be in the thousands, not hundreds as James said.

The only thing miraculous about it is that it is miraculously less then the population average!!

That is understandable when one takes into consideration that many in RSE enter as a last resort to deal with different illnesses and the actual population of ill persons is most likely higher then the general population and the dismisal of getting conventional treatment , check-ups as well as including other methods of remaining healthy which are simply "common sense".
"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."
-William Mizner
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

Good point!
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
tree

Unread post by tree »

?I have no intention in listening to small minds,? said James Flick, Knight?s companion and RSE property manager.

?I?m not going to waste my time listening to people complain about being a victim.?

?Cult is a nasty little four-letter word that people like to call others they don?t agree with.?
1) he has not viewed the video so he has no clue or context in which Glen is speaking
2) using the term "small minded" is very narcissistic. Wow. Mr. Holier Than Thou
3) no one is saying or admitting or whining about being a "victim". Purely the "teachings" talking there.
4) the "c" word was a classic. How to diffuse something you don't even know the definition of.

He looks like a complete ass spouting off like that.
God, I hope the people, RSE and the towns people see through this.
?If they?re as bigoted as he is, we?ll take our money elsewhere.?
PLEASE....leave today......
Whatchamacallit

Opinions

LittleWiseOne,
First of all, it's nice to see you posting. Hope all is well with you !!!!! Your post is brilliant with the points that you raised. Have you considered writing that as an Editorial for the NVN ? It would help people.

Journey, same for you !!!!!

Tree,
Do you really believe (laughing) that they didn't view the videos ? (joking...cuz I'd think we assume they really DID)
Flick was Really in his Emotional Body...oops !
Yet again, based on his last comment (take their money elsewhere), it just figures that in the end, as always, it's all about the $$$$.

It's true that the ASSUMPTIONS Flick made based on his knee-jerk comments are only from his own mind and the Ramthaspeak of the teachings.

In no way do I consider myself a victim. I consider myself having been part of a FRAUD. When I figured it out, I left. Many on here, I think, would say that. Flick doesn't "get" that when one lives a happy, HONEST life, it's freeing on so many levels. You don't have folks doing interviews about the wrongdoing that they kept quiet about (and that bothered them), for so many years. Glen watched a lot of people leave RSE, duped and feeling they had nowhere to turn. He was there for them, offering support and his experiences. Bitter pills to swallow, hearing what he had to say. It hurts like heck to realize that something you gave financial support to, and far worse, your TRUST to as being honest in their claims (RSE), lied to you and couldn't care less once you miss an event and become non-current. Cold, just like their attitude of the dead tsunami victims; that is the heart of JZ/Ramtha. Sociopathic.
wolfman

Unread post by wolfman »

Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

If you don't get/haven't seen the NVN then you haven't been sickened saddened and outraged with the full page ad from JZK Inc bashing Glen as President elect of the Chamber of Commerce - accusing him of lying about a local business - i.e. RSE; and what kind of Pres. is he if he's going to lie about local businesses; and if the local community doesn't want RSE's business/money maybe they should go elsewhere. They even included a sign that local businesses could display indicating who is welcome or not - RSE, Buddhists, etc. Flick and Klein are most offended by the cool-aid statement. All letters to the editor are pro Ramtha - proclaiming how wonderful their lives are because of Ramtha. There's also an article about the guy who reads cards. And the local question of the week is all pro-Ramtha/RSE.
A friend suggested that notices be posted throughout Yelm listing the businesses that JZ put out of business.
There are so many letters to the editor that have run through my mind that I'd need to print an entire newspaper.!!!
Who's the self-proclaimed liar here? Who perjured herself in Court. Who's stood before an audience and confessed lying about millions of dollars? How many times has Ramtha said "I lied"? Even worse - the customers of JZ have drunk the cool-aid already-i.e. sea11 water; And how many people's lives have been destroyed by investing in Omega?
Perhaps David can scan the full page ad and post it here.
Robair

Editing

Unread post by Robair »

Hello everyone
David
something is bathering,is it true that Glen asked the part about RSE bieng a cult be remove
if so why was his request was not respected.
Oldone
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Oldone,

I was a little surprised to read that in the NV News also.
Glen did request that certain comments regarding RSE being a cult be edited out.
This was done. We reviewed the whole editing process together and he approved the final video.
I am sure if Glen still wanted me to remove those particular comments he would have called me by now...
I will be more than happy to oblige.

I am very grateful to Glen's for his courage and willingness in speaking out..
I would do nothing to compromise his trust in me.

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
tree

Unread post by tree »

you know what?

when we get to this point, in debate, and the old father gets chastised,

I think think Father Knows Best.

JZ Knight, does NOT respond herself.
S he is big fricking chicken in Mexi sauce.
One time, she told me
if she could do NOTHING else, she could wrap bows and make enchiladas.

True story.

her best skills are : bow tying
enchilada sauce

uh

where is channeling? (beeyotch)
Robair

Hello David

Unread post by Robair »

Hello David
Thank you for the respond,I am happy to hear that as I also was supprised by that statement.
also sometime things get reported not exaxtely in the context that they were said.
Great
Oldone
Whatchamacallit

Oldone said, "Hello everyone
David
something is bathering,is it true that Glen asked the part about RSE bieng a cult be remove
if so why was his request was not respected.
Oldone"

Perhaps it was as simple as the media not reporting the story accurately and misrepresenting what Glen said. That certainly does happen.
I can vouch for David, also, in that I watched the UNedited videos and there was only one place when Glen said, "edit that out", and THAT was edited out.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

I spoke with Glen today....

He was in good spirits...the RSE backlash came as no surprise to him.
There has been enormous support for Glen from the local community.
He does not have internet access, so I will print out all your EMF posts for him.
The veiled threats of ?economic sanctions? against Yelm businesses that criticize RSE, has exposed the true face of JZ Knight, that until now was largely confined within RSE to control its members, her tactics of ?divide and conquer? and avoid talking about the the real issues are in full swing.
This behavior will not be tolerated by the Yelm community.
These people have a ?Live and let live? attitude?.but a line has been crossed here..
they will not be intimidated or fooled......

David.
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

By RSE standards, Glen cannot lie and did not if it was "his experience" that what he said was true.
jflick and company cannot have it both ways.
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

Bravo to Glen for speaking out.

I keep wondering what my mother is thinking in the middle of all this, if and how it is affecting her..... When does Blue College start? This weekend coming up?

I HOPE she's thinking "I've been in Yelm all of one week and it's all already falling down around me!! Drat!"....

She did say before she left "They don't like us there, but that's ok" so she has steeled herself against community backlash already.......I spoke with her briefly last week and she was in "full rse mode".... When she is like that, there is no real back and forth convo, more of just her making statements and then moving on in both thought and speech before anyone can reply to what she has just said.......

I do hope more come forward.... One of the hardest parts of watching all of this unfold is just that -- being only in a position to watch it unfold.
tree

Unread post by tree »

I HOPE she's thinking "I've been in Yelm all of one week and it's all already falling down around me!! Drat!"....
she is NOT thinking that.
She is thinking, "i KNEW I came to the right place! We are mavericks and I am on this bus for the entire ride!"
I would not be surprised if they were told at their follow ups to write to the editor, en masse.

Most definitely a "divide and conquer" tactic of a cult.
Her ads in the paper are saying just that.

If it were NOT a cult, she would be asking the town, "how can we best work together to resolve this?"

But her and flick are trying their best to run themselves out of town the hard way. wah! all the way to the bank, and then off to the south of France.
Good riddance.
tree

Steve Klein's letter to the editor

Unread post by tree »

October 3, 2008

Nisqually Valley News publisher/editor Graves says that my words printed in his newspaper last Friday to fellow Yelm Chamber members were "not-so-thinly-veiled threats to personalize local businesses". The title of his editorial was "Debate is good, threats aren't."

Mr. Graves,
There was no threat of any kind mentioned; rather a clear and concise request to bring out into the open those Yelm Chamber members that are represented by Mr. Cunningham's malevolent story in your newspaper and would prefer to not have RSE students' business. You misinterpret through your own veiled view and don't even call to ask or investigate the context of my letter. Let's get this issue out in the open once and for all, Mr. Graves and find out who does not want our dollars, for this kind of intolerance and downright bigotry has been expressed here by local officials for far too long; views you demonstrate to uphold.

You say "debate is good", yet at every turn you squelch any such forum.
You condemn any views not in alignment with your own and attempt character assassination with slanderous comments; a true, modern-day, town-square stoning.
Your bias in your journalism has been evident for years.
Do I expect that to change. No.
Do I hope that changes. YES!

Ever since I went public in Fall, 2005 with the fact that you would not print the news that then-Mayoral candidate Harding declined to participate in your NVN sponsored Town Hall, you have attempted to deride me personally. Was that what a newspaper should do -- an editor agreeing to withhold information from the voters and their readers? Fine, a public person running for or in-office should be prepared to take such hits. However, I am not a candidate for any public office now and have previously announced (and printed in your newspaper) I am not a candidate for any public office in 2009. To make note of and publish my patronage of Safeway & Starbucks is indicative of just how personal and low you go. You practice the fine art of prejudicial reporting seemingly right out of Karl Rove's Playbook.

Do I buy flowers at Yelm Safeway and coffee at Starbuck's? Absolutely!
And I have been a good customer of Yelm Floral for almost 2 decades, Blue Bottle Espresso & Liquid Soul Cafe, as their owners will attest. And, featured stories about all of them on this blog!
Yet, you failed to note I have never set foot in Yelm's Wal-Mart.

What about your local spending?

You can belittle all you want, yet you have done little to balance your prejudicial reporting with the contributions my wife and I have made to this community totaling over $110,000 in the last 10 years, distributed to such local organizations as the:
- Yelm Timberland Library
- Yelm Prairie Arts Assn.
- Drew Harvey Theater
- UCBO Thanksgiving Day food drive
- Children's School of Excellence student Scholarships and a new computer lab donation
- Yelm Dollar's for Scholars annual Scholarships to Yelm & Rainier High School students
- Yelm's Pennies for Pupils
- annual gift to the Yelm Tree Fund
- Friends of the Yelm Library
- Yelm City Park flag memorial
- and turkeys for EVERY needy family on UCBO's list for Christmas, 2007, the largest holiday turkey donation in Yelm history.
These are but a few, in addition to smaller donations for worthy causes all over town.

in addition to serving on the:
- Yelm Library Advisory Board
- Yelm Prairie Arts Assn. Board
- Yelm Historical Preservation Board

Name a few of your contributions you and your family have given since moving to this town?
How much did your newspaper donate to local causes the last 10 years?

You requested your readers go to Safeway, Wal-Mart and others and ask them to place their advertising inserts with the NVN, rather than their choice to bypass your newspaper and advertise via a direct mailing. Why?

Condemning others that have differing views is your modus-operandi.
I am saddened to continue to witness the divisiveness that this newspaper spews forth to area readers week after week. NVN readers are the beneficiary of a lack of thorough reporting on a whole host of issues with bias in not delivering balanced coverage. Our community therefore is robbed by the misuse of the leadership position you have as the only print media in this town.

Where is this newspaper in reporting truly newsworthy issues?
As just one example, I saw no NVN reporter present in the courtroom last week when the City of Yelm was defendant in a case taken out of Yelm's jurisdiction by JZ Knight and into Thurston County Superior Court. Don't you and your readers think that was an important case? After all, it centers on what the City of Yelm purports is the ability of the city to provide water for new developments. And, the city came out of that court room with several embarrassments by their attorneys.

Are you going to condemn those who run for local public office in 2009 that have differing views?
Many that would be willing to serve the public do not step forward because they do not want to be subjected to such tactics.
If that happens, the voters of Yelm will be stuck with only the incumbents and have no choice on the ballot for City Council openings in 2009, as happened in 2007. That would be a shame. For instance, will any mayoral candidate come forward to oppose Ron Harding next year and give voters a choice for mayor?
So few people are involved in city government now yet you continue to berate those that speak-up to question city policies. Look what happened because the public was not involved in their government; Thurston County was caught off-guard when the Commissioners announced they did not have their eye on the ball, leaving the county with a multi-million dollar deficit and having to cutback services.

The Constitution of the United States or what's left of it demands dissent by the public. You and city officials want it squelched at every turn.

Hopefully, the Karl Rove playbook days are soon coming to an end in Washington, D. C. One can only hope those days will end in Yelm soon, too!

As I wrote in my letter you published on October 3rd,
"This town can continue to be polarized based on intolerances of a certain individual or group in judging others' views or we can see this as an opportunity to put all of these type of distractions aside and join arm in arm to confront the many challenges we have as neighbors in the Nisqually Valley;
from water,
to traffic,
funding for a Bypass,
a new Library,
Schools bursting at the seams,
city budget issues,
a county deficit where services are to be cut,
home foreclosures,
neighboring Roy going broke
and a looming recession where we have sadly witnessed several venerable Yelm businesses having closed and others are on the edge.

United we stand, divided we fall.
The choice is in our hands.... "

Posted by Steve at 1:03 PM
ex

Unread post by ex »

1 guy speaks up and then a hole town get threatend with boycots again?[=nascar]everybody can shop how it pleases him.iam a proud boycoter of: the blue bottel,jzross,the fruitstand in mckena and all other ramsterjoints.rse is a cult and most of the students are brainwashed mr klein.
Whatchamacallit

Klein is such a hypocrite.

JourneyThroughRamthaland was CENSORED by Klein, because of bold facts that JTR pointed out to Klein that were sure not boding well for his forthrightness. YET, Klein claims that on his website/blog he will post all information that people send to him. It's just not true. Further, he replied with quite condescending remarks, BECAUSE JTR DID NOT AGREE WITH HIS VIEW.

But, he whines like a baby to the NVN, citing the very same tactic as being so wrong, that he has done, himself !

Now, that's chutzpah !

Steve, you sound like a VICTIM.

As for your monetary donations to the Yelm community; I recall "Ramtha" saying that the TRUEST donations are those that are anonymous, otherwise they come with EGO attached. Enough said !!!

I have heard JZ Knight, myself, tell the audience they SHOULD BE patronizing Ramster owned businesses, AND foremost, Knight's businesses.
Robair

Mr Klein

Unread post by Robair »

Hello
Mr Klein sond more like a disgrunted yelm Citizen too me.
Oldone
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Obviously Mr. Klein has lost his "focus." :wink: :wink: :wink:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972

Return to “News Articles”