What does the tree know that YOU don't know?

The 180 degree change in the teachings from the start of RSE until current times; in the corporation, the teachings and the teacher. Share your experiences.

tree

What does the tree know that YOU don't know?

Unread post by tree »

Most of us oldtimers at RSE recall this story.
It was first told to us the first night we were allowed to stay at the Ranch. Assay like 1, 2 or 3. Feel free to refresh my memory.
JZR made this elaborate story about the great forest that his people/army inhabited. His army seemed very uncomfortable in
the succeeding questioning. So, there I sat, a much more evovled "army" than "his" old constiuents.

But, the red flag, I just figured out today, was my questioning that night. But I was stymied.
"How could a tree know more than me?"

I mean, coming from a person/teacher/entity who told me: " a cow cannot contemplate a sunrise."

So, what happened to my brain when this statement:was issued: "what does a tree know that you don't know? " by by, at THAT time,
my all knowing hierphant?
See&E

Can't See&E the Forest for the Trees

Unread post by See&E »

Dear Tree,

Is this how you chose your nom de plume? (just kidding)
Yes, I remember the Tree question in the great hall in the making (cough cough... dust in the air)

At the same time, during the self-help, motivational inspiration era, a very well known billionaire international speaker, business consultant, and motivator was asking,
"How tall does a tree grow?" "As tall as it can, " answers Jim Rohn.

Of course there are all manner of Tree's used in our myths, legends, religions...
Tree from The Garden Of Eden symbology in Genesis; The Tree under which Buddha sat to become enlightened, The Shambala Tree, of course the Druids / Celtic reverence for the Mighty Oak tree (and coming from the divine acorn) and maybe the infamous redwood trees of the west coast during the dialogue era...

When I heard the question challenged to us, my first thought was the (As Tall As It Can intonation in my head). Upon contemplation, I thought of a tree growing... and growing... and surviving all the different cycles of seasons.

I then thought of the whole "strength in Silence" vein of thought. Did a Tree silently grow taller, "wiser" through observing life from where it was planted? Learning it's strength, vitality and growth actually came from extending it's roots ever deeper and expanding around it under ground (not to be confused with UG, haha)??? The tall and silent thing ya know? lol

Of course, if you've been to see the movie released this month, "The Happening", you might also have other thoughts (for those who haven't seen the movie, we'll hold on that for now)...

In perspective, this great pondering question was when the famous drink dispenser for hot chocolate, tea, instant coffee used to drop down the paper cups with cards on them. The red light would go round and round until it stopped... maybe you would get a free drink... most likely not. That was a deep question we never contemplated (ha).

Then there were the great trees on the name field and outside the arena door where a bench was built.

There was also the book, "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein, which has been popular for over 40 years, which has some life-long wisdom

http://www.amazon.com/Giving-Tree-Shel- ... 0060840986

Then, the story about the army destroying the great tree during the march...

So, what did you come to think the tree knew that you have forgotten?

Of late, I have observed how the Tree does not need to pay money, time, shout hypnotic decrees, mantras, repeat affirmations, nor have to keep paying for the right to live, grow into wisdom. It knows that nature provides, in due season, what it needs for survival. I do not see mighty trees worrying about cataclysms, fires, or being harvested for lumber for hovels, UGs, paper products, fire wood. (Trees must have required reading of The Giving Tree).

However, I do recall that the same hierophant informed us (when more than poking fun at the hypocrocies of the New Age Movement of Crystals, vegetarians and eating bird seed) that when you pull a carrot out of the ground, or pluck a tomato, it is frightened and we should therefore "ask" it whether or not one may have a tomato, apple, orange, avacado, or any fruit of the vine... Remember that?

It was a nice way of going about consuming the bounties of the earth, to live in harmony with it. Of course, isn't that the same message the apple trees in the thick forest had for Dorothy, The Tin Man and the Scarecrow? (Not to just take them)

" Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" bellows the Great & Mighty Powerful Oz...

Thanks, Tree, for the post, it brought back a lot of memories... with the inextricably combined aroma of those who hadn't showered in days, crammed together into their divinely appointed place in the great arena huffed and puffed, and the latrines perfume, ever present, mixed during breaks with a thousand people using the hot water dispensor to "create" and "manifest" their raman noodles, instant rice, instant soups, backpacking meals and hot drinks... aaahhh the good old days....

*Deep bow to your God*

:wink:
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

""What does a tree know that you don't know?" - then followed by the story of "Shambala" (really ruined my feelings for that song) -

For one thing, a tree knows how to dress for the seasons.... :lol:

No wonder why everything comes off so nicely at beginners' events and their follow-ups. Jrk has done the same thing for 30+ years, as though it's her own mantra. The teachings are simply recycled for the newbies, and perhaps a little "tune-up" is done to change the dates. The church does something similar, without changing dates, with its readings. There are three cycles of readings, A, B, and C, and it cycles for three years and then goes back to "A."

Another thing a tree OUGHT to know is that if it grows too tall, it's a good candidate for a lightning strike. Bad winds here and storms and we lost a huge branch to a lightning strike, not to mention what "the wind" did to others.

I remember something akin to "I'll see you when the wind blows." Ah, no thanks.

8) 8) 8)
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972

Return to “RSE Discrepancies”