Tyger has been banned

A place for EMF members to contact the moderators, post their questions, suggestions and concerns regarding the management and moderating of EMF.
This forum is open for discussion and exchange of views.
EMFWebmaster
Site Admin

Tyger has been banned

Unread post by EMFWebmaster »

Just for you regular posters and readers, who are familiar with Tyger's behaviors....

The other day, in the wee hours of the morning, Tyger posted a slew of verbally abusive, threatening posts. They were deleted promptly, fortunately, and recorded. The authorities have been given copies of the posts.

Despite repeatedly requesting that Tyger post WITHOUT FLAMING, and speaking respectfully toward people, while challenging issues (standard protocol for just about any message forum), he chose to defy the guidelines of this forum. We "cut him some slack" numerous times. We even went to the degree of "editing" his posts, since the software for this forum allows that.

However, despite all of those attempts to include Tyger on EMF as a poster, if not a valued poster, it has become necessary to bid him farewell. Further, we are not going to be in the business of babysitting (editing) people's posts because they start to get into flaming activity with posts. We know current posters post with appropriate decorum, but if this issue rears its head again in the future, we're not going to be cutting anyone as much slack as Tyger and a few past posters have gotten. If posters refuse to respect the rules that are clearly posted, they are outta here with no apology, and no ADDITIONAL WARNING. The warning is posted in the guidelines, so there is no such thing as being banned or having a post deleted without notice for anyone. No whining later on.
Furthermore, the spam that was going on for a little while, has been taken care of with software protection. It was a computerized spammer, and it has been stopped.

Ahhhh, the joys of having a message forum !
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Tyger claims his right to ?freedom of speech? on EMF have been silenced?
and for the sake of ?democracy"?
Tyger posted..

?Tell you what.
In the interests of my former training and what I do for a living....let's make this quick.
You remove another one of my posts, and I'll just bring in a TON of real heavy hitters (you read: REAL heavy hitters)
to this website and take it apart piece by piece.?

More threats were made after this post was removed.
What is going on here is cyber-bullying,
My sincere apologies to those who have been at the receiving end of Tygers attacks.
In a survey done by Pew Internet and American Life, it was found out that at least 33% of teenagers had been the victim of some form of cyber-bullying.
Fear and intimidation camouflaged as ?enlightenment? or in Tygers mind ?democracy? is the very disease we are unmasking in RSE, the corruption of ideals and social morality is set about with precise methodology that barely raise a warning flag in our society, leaving thousands of idealistic people stepping through the doors of a destructive cult, deceived into thinking they have discovered the Holy Grail, and the answer to all of Earths woes.
And when challenged to look behind the curtain..
they shout..
How dare you silence our rights to ?Freedom of religion?.
Or in Tygers case.. Freedom of speech...!

David.

Cyber-Bullying: Threat and Intimidation Online
Link..
http://www.freearticlesarchive.com/arti ... /170721/0/
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

Thank you, David. I'm outta town right now but I snuck in to check posts. :lol:
Keep the greater good at heart.
voidgate

PEST CONTROL

Unread post by voidgate »

Not all those engaged in subterfuge are as obvious. Some smile and beguile and subtly alter the thinking process............
cooeee

Tyger has been banned

Unread post by cooeee »

HI GUYS,

I have been reading all your posts with interest for quite some time but have never joined in the conversations until today.

Whilst sometimes entertaining and sometimes not, your friend Tyger was certainly and interesting character - now PLEASE correct me if I am wrong but I have assumed (?) that some of the primary objectives of EMF have been to firstly provide some support for those disillusioned with their experiences at RSE (and difficulties since) and to secondly open the eyes of new and existing participants in the school and to hopefully persuade them to use their reasoning faculties to see the folly of their attraction to the Big R and RSE?

My reading of the posts on this and many other subjects has led me to the understanding that Tyger may have only ever attended one event and it appears questionable whether he actually paid to attend that event - if this is the case then you guys certainly gave him a lot of space in which to express his (mainly political) diatribe of which very little seemed pertinent to your cause - I believe wholeheartedly in "freedom of expression" (and that includes current schoolies) however I do think many of the Tyger inspired conversations may have deterred a lot of would-be posters from becoming involved.....it's not consistent with the stated goals of what you appear to be trying to achieve.

In making this observation it is my opinion that a few of you feel so strongly about all things RSE that you have allowed your personal feelings and grievances to intervene in this public forum and to some extent that may have become counter-productive, you are actually scaring away the very people you are trying to reach - of course you are entitled to your viewpoint and nobody will deny that and of course your grievances (in many cases) are well foundered but to endlessly "hammer" the same theme will result in you just "talking to yourselves" and I sense that to some extent that is already beginning to happen....an open forum like this one should be attracticting a plethora of new posters wanting to express their own opinions - for and against - without getting taken to task our shouted down.

You have a great thing going for you here but from what I can see anytime you get a comment from a Ramtha enthusiast they get "attacked" from all fronts and will rarely re-emerge to enter into a "reasoned" dialogue - remember we all avidly embraced The School at some stage in our lives and at that time we would have reacted exactly the same as they do to your comments - we all used to reel off the appropriate Ramtha-isms....I was an absolute expert at it.

Sure the retorical and parroted comments from the "schoolies" are annoying (that's how we used to sound) but without giving them a forum in which to openly express their viewpoints how have you got any chance of getting them to use logic and reason to see your point of view....if we are not all prepared to have patience with them and show them some respect for their point of view (it used to be ours) then don't be surprised when they cease their dialogue - we don't want to end up being the same 50 odd disgrunted people with exactly the same points of view who end up simply talking to ourselves.....one by one we will all drop away and there are signs that this is already happening.

If you don't encourage the "schoolies" to freely and openly express THEIR point of view and engage them with respect then nothing of any worth will ever be achieved - gag order or not, those beginning to feel (but not yet expressing) doubt will break ranks and will participate....let's encourage them, surely we are not afraid of their viewpoint?

In closing - I don't want to appear to be preaching to those who have done an enormous amount of work in setting up and providing this forum and no disrespect is intended - but let's do it with the view of actually achieving some real results - like David and Watcha I am also of the Om Akad vintage and share most (but not all) of your beliefs - one thing that I do wholeheartedly agree with is that we should do our best to educate as many people as possibly as to the folly of RSE and it's agenda....absolutely no argument at all with that goal!

Respectfully yours,

COOEEE
journeythroughramthaland

thanks!

Unread post by journeythroughramthaland »

cooee,

Welcome and thanks for your insightful posts!

Defining cults, mind-control, thought reform, hypnosis are all controversial subjects. There is an enormous amount of information out there related to these subjects as well as what part they play in societies. No offense meant to anyone, but just because there is something called "The Cultic Studies Journal" does not mean it is the last word on the subject.

In the over 10 years I have been researching the phenomena I have not witnessed the "studies" expand their contributor-ship very much and while of value, can also seem to be self validating. Because it often seems like the only game in town, quite often people get the majority of their information from them and their contributors. Often times, the information is too academically written and not easily accessible to the layman let alone a person who is involved in an organization that is unconventional, high in their demands and uses high pressure tactics.

I am compiling a book list that includes varying works of others as well as those well known to most in the cultic field and will hopefully post it in the near future
"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."
-William Mizner
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

HI Cooee,

This board has gone 'round before about all of the -- in my opinion -- valid points in your post, ie, that there is a definite sense of what is and what isn't acceptable on this board in the way of opinions and posts with everything from "no rse sympathizers allowed" to even just saying out loud that one thinks this board is too heavily censored when "unacceptable" thoughts, feelings or opinions are voiced...etc... I don't think it's an entirely resolved issue, but there is now an area for current students and others to debate issues, which is a good thing. I think what those in charge of the Board are trying to provide, is a really a safe place for people, especially those in particularly vulnerable frames of mind, to voice opinions -- no flaming, name calling, abusive language, etc...But your point about being careful that it is not so censored that it becomes just another closed system with the same 10 people talking to themselves is well made and I hope, heard.
tree

Unread post by tree »

here! here! Marie.
My sentiments exactly.
The only reason I am giving this one more shot.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Tree,

Your statement that..? The only reason I am giving this one more shot.?
Is puzzling to me.
Do you feel you have been unfairly ?censored? on EMF?

David.
tree

Unread post by tree »

David-
I think it would be unwise to answer this.

The recent new posts have been enriching.
I think we should go with that.
Bud

Unread post by Bud »

Six months ago, in the effort to help my wife to see through the charade of jzk I had her look at this site. The sophomoric rants of the banned midget gave her cause to dismiss other relevant information contained herein. The childlike posturing of this little person demeaned the site as a whole to the extent that I found the EMF site a waste of time. Granted, I may be alone in this evaluation, but IMO this move was not an affront to free speech but more like sending a noisy child outside so a conversation could be held. As for my efforts, a chink in the armor has been established. The tiniest speck of doubt may lead to an "enlightenment" of more substance. I commend your decision and look forward to information to help expose the P.T. Barnum of Yelm.
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

Bud -- good to hear..... I would like to hear more from you in the future.
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

Welcome back Bud! Glad to hear there's some progress, slowly but surely I suppose. I agree with your assessment and would be very interested to hear more about your wife's perspective on things now.
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Yes, Tyger sure was a difficult child. Different approaches were tried with ol' Tyger, but to no avail in the end. Yet, he, too, was dealing with a friend who was leaving RSE. We knew this to be "real", and he was given the chance to take the high road on EMF, or to sabotage himself - which he obviously did. It's no fun to "ban" anyone, but it clearly had to happen. For the rest of us, imo, there is too much "good" about this site, to toss out the "bad apple" that WILL occasionally come across the postings.

He did send a message to us, AFTER he was banned, and he said, "No hard feelings."

Well, no hard feelings here, either. Nevertheless, this isn't the forum for him.

Bud, how has your wife responded....or reacted, to the current flurry of activity in RSE that seems to be currently of great urgency, with regard to the Days To Come that are here, as they say ? I ask that, because for some people, that discrepancy of JZR coming here to teach us about becoming realized Gods, when the world is going down the toilet, has given some people... pause for doubt to grow. Doom was upon us for Y2K, 5/5/2000, the Bird Flu that we were told was going to wipe out just about everyone (we had to walk the field to create reality so we survived it). Now, it's more of the same. Now, students are being told they need to create their survival into the year 2013.

Why can't a group of 1,000 people over ride the Doom and Gloom by "creating their reality" each day? Just doesn't add up.

What will they do when 2013 comes along and we're all still here, EMF-ers, regular people who've never been involved in any way, with RSE, current students, etc. ? Maybe for some of them, that will be their wake-up call, though it would be great if it didn't take that long.
Lost in Space

about Tyger

Unread post by Lost in Space »

I was offended at times by Tyger, but at the same time I saw him as a potential ally in some respects, especially when he stuck to the topic at hand...some of his comments on other topics which really had little or nothing to do with anything even vaguely touching on RSE were entertaining, and some of them struck me as highly ignorant - still, I was sorry when he was banned - I saw the potential of him "behaving himself".
ex

Unread post by ex »

wake-up call,watcha?dont you see the cycles.after doom and cloom comes the loving ramtha who pushes his people into enlightment with even compromising his integrety everybody will yell ram go ram or any other in slogan.its a cult most of the ramsters r followers.jzr anounced serious flooding in costal areas this spring.nobody acounts her spring is over.does she use chinise floodings?sorry no costal areas.everybody can predict in such vauge way.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Lost - I felt this way a bit; however, there were many posts removed that were threatening in nature, abusive to other readers/posters, etc., I believe? Please correct if I'm wrong, David....

In that vein, it's difficult for those who oversee this forum to do anything other than yank what clearly did not adhere to the guildelines... jmo.

Have been traveling, so sometimes a different IP!

Love to you all.
8) 8) 8)
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Whatchamacallit

LIS G2G and ex

LIS and G2G,

I was, in part, sad to see him go. But, his volatility had far trangressed "political opinions" and other annoying things that he would post that were above and beyond being relative to RSE. In the wee hours of the morning, he posted three blatantly and seriously threatening and degrading posts. I am sure if any of us read the posts (I did), you would be shocked. Fortunately, they were read by the mods (who never sleep, hahahah), and promptly removed and reported to the authorities. So, business is business. He had to go. Wasn't fun, but it was 100% necessary.

ex,

Yes, I DO see the cycles. I wasn't talking about myself. I was talking about the current students who are NOT on the fence, but are thoroughly entrenched in the RSE dogma. Maybe (one can hope, eh ?), that when 2013 comes and goes and we're ALL still here (not just those elite who emerge from their UG's), they'll realize that RSE was/is a scam. Yes, I undertand that PAST predictions (recently or from long ago) that didn't come to pass, gets glossed over. But, it doesn't get glossed over by all the students. Some DO leave and get outta Dodge. The false predictions have caused splits in the school before - and - perhaps it will again, whether it's in 2013 or SOONER. The hard core Ramsters, I don't know...I think those are the ones that would drink the kool-aid, sorry to say. Nevertheless, I hold out hope that they'll wake up and leave that place. No harm in that, right ?

ex, do you miss Tyger? ...wink...
ex

Unread post by ex »

no i dont. because he anounced the big things without doing any of it.i dident wanna pick a fight with you.yes you r right never give up hope my zynisem goes through with me.
Whatchamacallit

hugs, ex.

i'm not arguing, either.

but just remembering how many times "ramtha" said that he was going to cause a split in the school as he'd done before, blah, blah, blah ? i'm just HOPING that one of the major "splits" will be this nonsense about 2013.
the dr. joe situation, audrey....more splits.

remember back when there was a split and folks left, when jz was ranting about her divorce from jeff ? like she was the only person in the arena with relationship issues ? we had to be subjected to her babbling about how rotten he was to her, and get HER side of the story. (rolling eyes) well, in that same time frame, there was a long letter (maybe four pages?) that i had gotten a copy of. the letter detailed quotes from "ramtha", and exposed him as jehovah. these people were not few in number, they rallied together and it was yet another split in the school, when folks quit. they cited "ramtha" in audience saying that it was HIS SHIP that blasted sodom and gomorrah into the dead sea. on some tapes, he also said that it was JEHOVAH'S ship that did that. the people i'm talking about, took that as proof that ramtha = jehovah.

you're right to be cynical. there are some hard core fanatics in there, who just may never see the light - and perhaps i'm far too idealistic in wishing and hoping they will wake up and get out of there, yesterday ! i'm glad for everyone that does get out and gets their own life back instead of living as a mirror of only what jzr allows as acceptable.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

G2G posted..

however, there were many posts removed that were threatening in nature, abusive to other readers/posters, etc., I believe? Please correct if I'm wrong, David....

Thank you G2G and everyone...

With banning Tyger ..it got as bad as it can get.. much akin to road rage.
There are bound to be flare-ups on EMF with oftentimes... very firm differences of opinion..
But to ban a poster is an absolute last resort.
The negative fallout from banning a poster, or removing their post, tends to undermine the trust we are building together
on EMF for an open and transparent support community.
For instance, when a poster complains that their post was removed unfairly..
It is only them and the moderators that know the details...!
and the details can be very sordid at times, and not something we want to air a second time,
EMF does keep a record of every post that has ever been removed.
This has been a tough issue for the moderators to navigate through.
JTR suggested a solution of sorts.
It will work something like this....
If a poster protests that their post was removed unfairly, there will be an option for
any 'authentic' EMF member to request directly to the moderators to privately email them the removed post.
This should go a long way in helping to build a more transparent EMF for everyone,
and help keep the Trojan horses outside of the gates ofEMF

David.

Oh..
and thank you "journeythroughramthaland"
"Great suggestion"... :D
Bud

Unread post by Bud »

Watch,
2 replys:
1. The wife response.
I just got back from the winter in Hawaii. I spoke to her and said I feel great I do not want to hear any shit about doomsday or the idiot jzk. We agreed that like the couple who are Republican and Democrat that we will agree to disagree. That said I let her know that I felt jzk was a fraud and I would do everything in my power to expose the nonsense bs that spews from her bloated lips. I have been in a great mood and we have had lots of fun and there has been NO talk of the The Bullshit to Come. I have vowed to make and wear t-shirts that claim jzk sells manure and to be vocal in the community if we end up in Yelm.
2. As for the tigger post it seems I brought the critter back to life for a time.....my bad. My brain keeps muttering something about suffering fools......hells bells ...there I go again. I gotta go stop here.

Much Aloha to everyone who believes jzk should be an offering to Pele

Return to “All Things EMF - Researching the Ramtha Cult? Use our EMF Search Engine”