Jeff Knight interview with Joe Szimhart 1992 YouTube

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Jeff Knight interview with Joe Szimhart
the full interview...

David.

The Jeff Knight interview 1992. JZ Knight. Ramtha. Cults. - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM450bLdDEI

In Knight vs. Knight (1992–1995), Jeff Knight alleges that he lost years of his life by postponing modern medical treatment for his HIV infection, due to advice from his wife that Ramtha could heal him. The court decided against him, but he died before he could appeal the court's decision.[43]
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Z._Knight

Worldly and the Spiritual Clash in New Age Divorce - New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/25/us/wo ... all&src=pm
Worldly and the Spiritual Clash in New Age Divorce
By TIMOTHY EGAN
Published: September 25, 1992

Few things are more jarring than a forced collision of the spiritual world and the legal. Such is the case in a divorce court here, where a woman who claims to be the medium for a 35,000-year-old warrior has been trying to explain herself, and the riches she made off a movement that swept the nation in the 1980's.
J.Z. Knight, perhaps the most popular of the New Age spirit-channelers, was on the witness stand Wednesday and today, sorting through the financial and metaphysical bramble of her empire. But the real target of this prolonged legal inquiry is Ramtha, the spirit from the Cro-Magnon era who Ms. Knight says has been speaking through her for the last 15 years. God, Spirit or Fake?
In many ways, this marital property dispute has put the New Age movement itself on trial, providing details into how and why so many people have spent so much money on such celebrity spirits as Ramtha.
Although she has readily summoned Ramtha on thousands of occasions, before audiences that have paid up to $1,000 per individual, Ms. Knight has vowed that she will not let her spiritual tenant take the witness stand.

And therein lies the problem. Judge Bruce Cohoe of Pierce County Superior Court seems perplexed about whether Ramtha is a god, a spirit or a fake. Ms. Knight, on the stand, has been little help, saying today she did not know why Ramtha first appeared in her Tacoma kitchen in 1977 or where he came from. What both sides agree on is that Ramtha has power over the lives of many people.
Jeffrey Knight, who was the fifth husband of Ms. Knight, says in his lawsuit that his ex-wife used Ramtha to bully him into accepting a meager divorce settlement in 1989. He said he signed the settlement agreement under duress, and now wants a much larger share of the millions of dollars he says Ms. Knight made from Ramtha videos, books, lectures and personal sessions. In addition, he said he has long been infected with the virus that causes AIDS, and deprived himself of care because Ramtha scorned modern medicine.

Beyond the nasty personal squabble, the case of Knight vs. Knight has been a window into the practices behind the eight-foot-high walls of the 50-acre ranch where Ms. Knight runs her New Age school, in the town of Yelm, 55 miles south of Seattle. With more than a dozen staff members, a fleet of jeeps and a house that has been compared to a palace, Ms. Knight has built a considerable industry from the guttural voice that emerges from within her. Breathing and Jargon?
Mr. Knight and other former devotees now say that Ramtha is a sham, and that the channeling sessions that have attracted celebrities such as Shirley MacLaine and Linda Evans are little more than deep-breathing exercises with psychic jargon.
Outside the courtroom, other critics have described rituals in which blindfolded followers wandered for hours through a maze, or were threatened by Ms. Knight if they disclosed the inner workings of the ranch.
"She raped my soul," said Carey Bowen. "I used to think she was a good fake, but now I think she has a split personality," she said.
Ms. Knight and her attorneys say the allegations are exaggerated or false. In any event, Ms. Knight says she has very little control over how Ramtha may influence people.
She was asked today, for example if Ramtha had the power to bring someone down. "I've heard him say that, yes," said Ms. Knight, who is 46 years old. She goes into a deep, trance-like state whenever Ramtha is said to be speaking for her.

From all indications, Ms. Knight's Ramtha enterprises continue to flourish despite the courtroom revelations. "J.Z. Knight is still the most successful of the New Age channelers," said Dr. J. Gordon Melton, director of the Institute for the Study of American Religion in Santa Barbara, Calif.
Many followers, who call themselves "Ramsters," have moved to Yelm, acting on prophecies from Ms. Knight that the Pacific Northwest is a safe haven from natural disasters, or from space invaders.
In interviews, they say they are nonplussed by recent revelations.

"Everything Jeffrey Knight is saying could be true," said Suzanne Nichols, age 31, who moved to Yelm from Manhattan. A 1983 graduate of Brown University, Ms. Nichols said her desire for spiritual growth led her to J.Z. Knight in 1987. She has since given up any career ambitions to follow Ramtha and lives in a house without electricity or telephone.
But others are extremely angry at Ms. Knight. Nancy Barr-Brandon, age 50, said she followed the teachings of Ramtha for almost eight years until she decided that Ms. Knight was a fraud. That was not before she spent $100,000 at the Ramtha School of Enlightenment and on books, tapes and survival gear.

In an interview, she said she believed Ms. Knight "would frequently rip off other people's ideas from books and movies."
The most revealing court testimony has come from Ms. Knight's ex-husband, Jeffrey. He said he helped his wife transform herself from the middle-class wife of a Tacoma dentist into a spiritual guru who lives in a $2 million ranch house. During their six-year marriage, the Knights went into the Arabian horse-breeding business, which ultimately failed, but made huge sums -- $4 million a year at one point -- off the various Ramtha industries, he testifed.

For most of the last decade, Mr. Knight testified, he was under the influence of Ramtha. "I trusted him implicitly," Mr. Knight said.
He no longer believes in Ramtha and says "mind-control techniques" form most of the teachings.
Mr. Knight ignored his deteriorating health, after he tested positive for the virus that causes AIDS, because he believed Ramtha would heal him, he said. Mr. Knight said he is now taking the drug AZT, and that his health has improved.
Although some entertainment celebrities still praise Ms. Knight, the best-known of the New Age proponents, Shirley MacLaine, no longer associates with her. Ms. MacLaine "has moved on to other explorations," said Dale Olson, a spokesman for the actress.
In a 1985 book, "Dancing in the Light," Ms. MacLaine credited Ramtha with helping her solve some or her problems. In what now seems like a prophetic statement, Ms. MacLaine also said, "I want to prove that spirituality is profitable."
Indeed, the J.Z. Knight story, as revealed in testimony, sounds like an American success story. After high school, Ms. Knight said she dropped out of beauty school and business college. Her life was largely uneventful, through four marriages and jobs as a cable television marketer, until 1977. Then, one day in her kitchen, an apparition named Ramtha appeared.
By the early 1980's, Ms. Knight had taken Ramtha on the road, giving performances in New York, Los Angeles and hotel ballrooms in between. Ramtha, she said, was a warrior from the lost continent of Atlantis, and J.Z. Knight was his daughter. Money poured in. Ms. Knight spent lavishly, but settled with her ex-husband for a lump-sum payment of $120,000
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
joe sz

Re: Jeff Knight interview YouTube

Unread post by joe sz »

I want to add something regarding this interview. Other than the obvious--that I am not a great interviewer--this interaction between Jeff Knight and me was unrehearsed although we did spend many hours talking before, during and after the evidentiary hearing for the divorce settlement action. There were many other issues and questions I wanted to bring up but hesitated, because of prying into intimate territory that most likely made me more uncomfortable than it did Jeff, who really had nothing to hide at that stage of his disease shortened life.

"ramtha" had no knowledge of Jeff's risky behavior that led to his disease unless Jeff told JZ first. Facts such as that only later came to light to Jeff after he rid himself of the false perception that "the Ram" was separate from JZ's consciousness. iow, it is easy to manipulate someone as long as the manipulator can convince the investor that indeed there is gold in the mine---just keep investing and digging. Don't bother with the broad behind the curtain--the mining engineer is real---keep your focus on the screen.

This simple fact had no or little effect on the court or judge although i am sure he saw that Jeff was hoodwinked from the get go. If the US court had sufficient case law to back up Jeff's claim, then the entire LDS or Mormon and Jehovah Witness religions could go on trial as well, for example, as the behavior that caused the religions to come into being took place on US soil or jurisdiction. In the case of the LDS, certain of their practices came into court--like polygamy, which was banned by US law,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_stat ... th_America

but the claim that Jos Smith channeled an angel via "golden tablets" of scripture could not be challenged. Foundation myth claims are sacrosanct under the 1st Amendment no matter how bizzarre. Religion in America is basically a buyer beware right of passage even if it leads into a rabbit hole of confusion and thievery.

Right Click to download
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Jeff Knight TV interview 1992 Audio only.flv - YouTube

Thank you Joe,

Every piece of factual information helps unmask the truth about JZ Knight
Thanks again for conducting this interview with Jeff.
I met him briefly in 1990, he came across as a genuine and gentle man.

David
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: Jeff Knight interview with Joe Szimhart 1992 YouTube

available again on YouTube :idea:
Link:
http://JeffKnight
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

How can she not walk around with her head hung down in shame is beyond me.
Keep the greater good at heart.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

How can she not walk around with her head hung down in shame is beyond me.
Hi FreeNow ,
This has been remarked on EMF many times...
I believe JZ Knights sleeps very well dreaming of fluffy bunnies and Ramtha performances .. :idea:
Sociopaths live without remorse or guilt, its seems that void is filled with ruthless cunning.
Oftentimes their victims are so confused and wounded they reach for help to the very hand that crushed them.
Sociopaths learn from an early age to act out and feign and human emotions such as empathy and compassion,
they make excellent spinners of tales dressed crocodile tears to fit in and to gain the trust and 'empathy' of others.
'So what may keep the JZK's of this world awake at night?
Perhaps... Those that dare upstage her at RSE, they soon become a prime target they are raised up high on a pedestal only to have it kicked out from under them with ridicule and abuse....
Perhaps....Another irritation to JZ Knights slumber are RSE whistle blowers that no matter what she does to try and frighten and silence them
our numbers are growing and our voices are getting louder.
Why it is that one of the main tenets at RSE is this constant attack on our collective ‘humanity’ viewed as a weakness to be cleaned out .
Perhaps it’s because our humanity actually contains what they cannot possess, it is has a strength and wisdom they cannot comprehend yet it can fully comprehend and take on these social misfits while offering a path of courage, healing and honor to survive the bites of these black widows should we become caught in their webs….
I often wonder if sociopathic behavior and abuse is catching?
like a virus...

David

Related:
How am I suppose to know.jpg
Are sociopaths capable of feeling sadness guilt or regret and do they ever feel bad even if it is only for themselves
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_sociopath ... ves#slide1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”