Live stream of Court Hearing Cloverdale and JZ Knight 11/14

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
RoyGBiv

Re: Live stream of Court Hearing Cloverdale and JZ Knight 11

Unread post by RoyGBiv »

yeh, this should be a circus.
Go get 'em, V!
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

Very strange, seems she is playing her mind control game and trying to intimidate.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

It could also be a way to collect demographic information based on who watches.

I asked a couple of ramsters if they'd heard about the RSE fight and they said theybwere aware of an e-mail, but weren't interested. I'm guessing that is the reaction that most ramsters will have. Putting up the video stream is handy way for RSE to possibly collect demographic information and Internet addresses of people.who watch. Many ramsters don't have a dog in this hunt, so this video is potentially a very handy way for RSE to get a short list.

If you want to watch, you might want to consider going to a library, or place with public PCs available.

I have noticed that the ramtha.tv web site is quite invasive and will not function correctly when viewed with browsers set to tight (reasonable) security settings. I don't trust RSEs Internet behavior.
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

All the current RSE students I know are watching it. You do not have to sign in or register. Its just on the main page for ramtha tv live now.

Why is Ramtha tv playing this? This is like James and Jz all over again. Jz's personal battles being aired out for everyone to hear when noone cares. They want enlightenment. People come to the school to better themselves. Not JZ.

But it is good drama. Indeed it is! And it does suck people in, even when they do not care, it is just like gossip. This is where the school is headed. This is where all your mind power is going to be wasted on, if you join RSE now. Is what a victim JZ really is. The battle between good and evil.

JZINC is not legal this guy is saying.
seriously

Unread post by seriously »

Updates. How is it going?
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Wow, what baloney. The post hearing remarks were that JZ/R's potty mouth is somehow justified because clean-up after the super storm in the north east United States is still in progress two weeks after the storm. Everybody involved is painfully aware, there is no need for profanity laced tirades from JZ/R.

What's that got to do with contract law and whether or not the plaintiff has standing?

If the message were as important as JZK Inc. claims, then why don't they tell everybody, especially the people being affected? That is disingenuous horse manure. A love message is not leaving people open to disaster by denying access. What we see is narcissistic, "I'm better than you because I paid to listen to JZ/R, so you go to hell in a disaster," thinking. Excuse me; love is about inclusion, not exclusion.

To reiterate, what was reportedly shown in the now banned videos was derision of gays, excoriation of Catholics and comparison of Mexicans to animals. In what way could JZ/R's remarks have anything to do with warning anybody about the dangers of ecological natural disasters?
seriously

Unread post by seriously »

Has it been determined if the rse inc "contract" is valid and enforceable? After reading it, I can't imagine it will be upheld.
RoyGBiv

Unread post by RoyGBiv »

I don't know if it's enforceable, seems rather loosely written to me, but I'm no expert.

In the long run, the bigger issue is that prospective students may be hesitant to sign such an agreement and the school's enrollment will simply evaporate through attrition. If students are subjected to such craziness at events and choose to complain about it, being beaten over the head with a piece of paper doesn't sound like a very "godly"/"advanced"/"enlightened" complaint resolution process.
RoyGBiv

Unread post by RoyGBiv »

Oh yeah, I forgot... watching the school cry victim in court yesterday was interesting too. OOPS.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

The actual merits of Virginia’s case was overruled.
The Judge concluded that the moral/ethical/whistleblower issues at hand are trumped by State laws governing corporation COP contracts signed by their customers, :-?
Ordering Virginia to take down the video.
Just goes to show the power of corporations embedded in the legal system of Washington State.
A jury will not take so kindly to see a corrupt multimillion dollar corporation cult bullying and then gagging a whistleblower.

JZK,Inc has taken down the video JZ Knight Behind the mask 1 of 4 claiming copyright infringement.
I have placed a YouTube counter claim to protest that the twenty minute RSE segment is totally within the Fair Use Doctrine laws.
This RSE video segment clearly show the full context of the video Virginia has been ordered to take down... and equal to any Jim Jones drug induced rantings.
If YouTube does not reinstate the video,
to be sure... this video and many others will be made available via a Torrent Site for those that wish to see it.

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

It seems like there are several questions that need to be asked. If I understand what happened correctly on November 15, the judge found that JZK Inc has standing, and that the Virginia is enjoined from posting the videos until the legal question is settled.

I am not sure I agree with the judge. I think there is reasonable question as to whether or not JZK is legally inorporated in the State of Washington. That doesn't really matter since the judge has say whether or not the judge is correct. Irregularities of the incorporation, however may not be a show stopper for JZK as errors in paperwork can be forgiven, but if the corportation is invalid, then it opens the door to ask who really does own JZ Knight's verbal rambles.

The next question down the line is, is the CoP enforcible and if so, when is it in effect. I would also suggest that the issue of scope needs to be resolved. The CoP aims to regulate the teachings of Ramtha. I would argue that what JZ Knight says as JZ Knight is outside the scope of the agreement. To me and probably anybody with a few neurons to rub together, the videos sure look like JZ Knight blasting the Church, etc. It doesn't look at all like a seven foot tall glowing 35,000 year old guy from Asia Minor to me. I'd take the fight to JZ Knight to make her prove it was, "Ramtha," saying that horse manue, and not JZ Knight saying it. There is plenty of unsavory material to share from before the CoP made its entrance anyway.

Think Johnny Cochrain - if it doesn't fit you must acquit. I'd like to see JZ Kinght try to cook up an appearance of Ramtha in a courtroom. It might have been cool TV on Merv Griffin, but I don't think the general public in court is going to be too impressed.
ex

Unread post by ex »

i think it would be beneficial to force rse to put the contense of the videos on the court records. i saw only one. there were no teachings just conversations and opinions. i agree with you oak that there should be big questioning who speaks there. since jz obvious speaks in front of an audience i would assume she doesn't mind if anybody hears her opinion. otherwise she would have made her remarks at home and not streamed it over the internet. the event is in the past. did rse rely wanna sell this recording? virgina for sure did not have any financial gain. so they claim the context makes a difference? what is the contex? being drunk? also the source is not virginia or emf she simply made it available.all this students who are so shocked: what did you do when ramtha stated this crapp were you yelling aproofel and clapping your hands? what does this say about you? all this students stating what they got told from stage. the issue is only to bury this material. what about is it now: the edditing or copyright laws?
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

It really does matter the context. Quick save! Its drunken rant, the fowl language and words said period are not just talking of pedophile catholic preists. Its a direct threat to all catholics. If the public only knew rambles talks to his whole group the same way. Jz does not want what she really is exposed and is now a victim of it. Should I say get over it? Its the past, move on You f***** victim!! You wanted it.
ex

Unread post by ex »

is it my computer or is the sound crappy?
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

or is the sound crappy?
Yes ex, The sound for this livestream is really bad.
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
ex

Unread post by ex »

LOCAL NEWS

Whistle-blower or a woman scorned?

Photo by Scott Roberts/Freedom Foundation - Former Ramtha School of Enlightenment student Virginia Coverdale is being sued by Yelm-based channeler JZ Knight.
Channeler wins order to halt video postings
By Steven Wyble
news3@yelmonline.com
Published: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:59 PM PST
A Thurston Superior Court judge granted a temporary restraining order to JZK, Inc., last Thursday prohibiting Virginia Coverdale and other ex Ramtha School of Enlightenment students from posting RSE videos online.

Judge James J. Dixon issued the order Nov. 1.

During the hearing, lawyers for JZK, Inc., and Coverdale argued whether the video postings violated contracts signed by RSE students, or represent constitutionally-protected free speech.

The order addresses videos posted by Coverdale and other former RSE students who are unnamed in court documents.

The videos show RSE founder JZ Knight, purportedly while channeling Ramtha, a 35,000-year-old warrior spirit from the lost content of Lemuria, making disparaging statements about gays, Catholics, Jews and Mexicans.

The first video posted by Coverdale included footage from a candidate forum held at RSE. It was attended by Thurston County Commissioner Sandra Romero, who later gave up donations from the channeler and denounced Knight for offensive comments revealed in subsequent videos.

Other videos were posted by former RSE students with a group called “Enlighten Me Free.”

Some of the videos alleged RSE committed health, safety and fire code violations.

Other videos were posted online by the Freedom Foundation, a conservative think-tank.

In one of the videos, Knight decries Mexicans who “just breed like (expletive) rabbits,” and remarks, “they’re poison.”

In another, Knight comments that gay men were once Catholic women.

Knight even criticizes organic farmers, saying she has yet to see a good looking one in person.

“They have rotting teeth, have a lot of (frows) on their face … they need a whole facelift,” Knight says.

Her remarks are greeted by peels of laughter from the audience.

Knight, who lives just outside Yelm city limits, donated money to several Democratic candidates’ campaigns, prompting most of them to donate the money to charity after the videos were posted.

Coverdale, Knight supporters claim, is a woman scorned. They say she had an affair with Knight’s former lover and was later dumped by him.

They also argue Coverdale is being used by Republicans to damage Democratic candidates supported by Knight.

JZK, Inc.’s lawyers told the judge that the video postings violate a contract signed by RSE students in which they agree not to copy or distribute RSE materials.

Knight supporters and RSE officials released a statement from Coverdale’s brother in which he says his sister is motivated by revenge.

According to court documents, Dixon emphasized that the purpose of the court hearing was not to decide the merits of the case.

Dixon said he expects the case “will be hotly litigated and contested and argued by very competent, capable lawyers from both sides, and perhaps also from sides that have yet to weigh in, and that this case will not resolve any time in the immediate future,” according to court transcripts.

The temporary injunction “maintains the status quo” until the case can be fully resolved and all sides have had adequate and ample opportunity to be heard, present evidence and argue the law, Dixon said.

Coverdale’s lawyer, Shawn Newman, said his client did not receive the videos from the school, but rather from an anonymous source.

The school’s contract with students has “a very broad” definition, pointing to a passage that says, “Anything you believe you received from Ramtha, whether in a dream, a vision, or from some disciple, or any other source, you cannot communicate,” said Newman.

“If you think about it, what about these fire safety and health violations?” Newman asked.

“Would that be — should the court allow this multimillion dollar for-profit entity to come in and gag people that are reporting legitimate violations, not only of health, safety and fire violations, but employment security issues and things like that?”

JZK, Inc.’s goal is to “shut down a whistle-blower who has the guts to point out problems at the school,” Newman said, according to court records.

In response, JZK, Inc. lawyer Jeffrey Grant pointed out that the contract was signed by thousands of people and has “never been challenged, never been questioned, has never been tipped over.”

He said the company is trying to protect the school’s information, not limit Coverdale’s freedom of speech.

“She can continue to say what she wants to say,” Grant said. “What she can’t do is use the material that has come from the school.”

In regard to the passage of the contract referencing students’ dreams, Grant said, “We’re not talking about dreams here. We’re talking about tactile, actual documents and web material and video that has been released.”

“This is tangible information and tangible product that we’re trying to stop. This is where the agreement comes into play in this particular situation.”

Grant argued the injunction was needed to stop continued dissemination of RSE materials.

He said he thinks “the record is clear that the defendant continues to do that through the use of the electronic voices that she’s been able to land on.”

“I mean, we don’t really know exactly what it is that she has and what she intends to release. We know that she’s disseminated information that’s covered by the agreement that she promised not to distribute. We know that she claims to have more and wants to distribute it, and we are trying to stop that.”

Dixon’s order prohibits the defendants from reproducing or distributing RSE materials and requires them to preserve and protect all hard copies and electronic data regarding to JZK, Inc.’s allegations.

The defendants are slated to appear before Dixon 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14, to show cause why an order granting preliminary injunction should not be entered, said court documents.

A standby hearing is 1:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 19.

Newman said the standby hearing is scheduled because Dixon has a trial scheduled for Nov. 14 and may not be available on that date.

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”