From Elizabeth

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
Robair

From Elizabeth

Unread post by Robair »

Hello Everyone

Thank you Elizabeth well done

Robair
http://www.yelmonline.com/opinion/artic ... h.facebook

Editor,

In contemplating how I drifted from the happiness of childhood, through the turbulence of young adulthood, to becoming a student of an Ancient School of Wisdom, my steps beyond the master teacher, Ramtha, are enlightening. Others, however, would call those steps beyond Ramtha: “cult recovery.” Fortunately for me, I have processed through the reasons why I was vulnerable to being harvested by this cult in the first place.

By the age of 19, I was lacking joy in my life. I grew up in a densely populated city and from my perspective the world did not look sustainable; we were headed in the wrong direction. I was always watching society from an outsider’s eyes. I felt very different from everyone around me. I was disturbed by my peers and their values.

Despite spending the past 20 years in a cult, I developed an understanding and appreciation for the world and myself. I now find great virtue, intelligence and compassion in those around me. So when I realized that JZ Knight is a fraud, I did not return to the 19-year-old version of myself, I got myself back with all the burdens of my disturbed self lifted.

I do not credit Ramtha for my evolution. It was from going back to college and learning critical thinking and being exposed to people whose minds and integrity I learned to respect. I became skeptical when, for instance, fundamental concepts of physics were disregarded in favor of Ramtha’s latest unreliable explanation. I was carefully studying the experiments and theories that led to the conclusions of fundamental physics principles. Learning physics, math and biology is a thoughtful, engaging process, not a mindless indoctrination.

I established trust in the scientific community, and it drove a wedge in my implicit trust in the “master teacher” who was constantly making nonsensical, unsubstantiated, science-like claims.

When I was immersed in RSE, the size of the world in which I felt safe was limited to the RSE community. Everything beyond it was perceived as threatening, unstable and misleading. Developing knowledge and trust in science was a process that helped me to grow beyond that ignorance, which led to questioning other mythologies taught at RSE, which led to more information. Along the way I began to see the larger community, and this society, as something worth being part of.

If I had been more isolated by the social conditioning at RSE, as many are, and then dumped back into the person I was when I was 19, with the same issues but without being able to rely on Knight’s plagiarized-and-then-copyrighted wishful thinking techniques, and 20 years had gone by — wow, that would be traumatic and I would feel hopeless. To all of you in that place, I can only offer that relying on others for help, experiencing the “milk of human kindness,” and following that biological urge to give to others (something I believe we all have), is a good way to participate more fully in our own lives.

To all the Yelm locals who have treated those who are/were caught up in the control of this “school” with kindness and support, please know that by offering your friendship to Ramsters, you may be helping to bridge an important connection to the outside world.

Wherever I go now, I will know I belong. This is my generation and my life. I’m the opposite of what I was straining to be in RSE, and I am the happiest I have ever been.

More details on my exit story: message board at enlightenmefree.com
index.php

Elizabeth Kriesten

New York City
I Value Things Not For What They Worth But For What They Represent

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”