Welcome to North Korea

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Welcome to North Korea

Unread post by David McCarthy »

The ultimate "Cult of Personality'..
North Korea....

utopia of misery.

:(

David.

Welcome to North Korea.....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... zFCw&hl=en

Cult of personality - Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Good God! What a *total* farce of a country. Where is the international community?

Very interesting....and "enlightening" from both sides. Thanks, David.
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Hi G2G,

Here are several short clip of my former "Lord of The Universe" Guru Maharaji.

You are my Lord to me....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... lity&hl=en

Maharjai (Prem Rawat) 1979 Guru Puja Foot Kissing session

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1606&hl=en

Don?t tell anyone but...I was most likely in that line...
Those hand gestures that Maharaji makes are when he is giving out his "Holy Breath" to his beginner DLM devotees.
We called ourselves "Premies"..Roughly translated it means.."Lovers of truth
:oops:
Yikes..

David
tree

Unread post by tree »

the wailing people upon Kim ll Sung's death
reminds me of ramsters
when jz dies....
joe sz

r j lifton

Unread post by joe sz »

great find, David.
If you read Robert J Lifton "Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism [1961; 1989] this documentary on N Korea compliments it "totally."

Joe
tree

Unread post by tree »

:D hahahah! pretty funny Joe
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

{{{David}}}}}

It's a tragedy those with pure hearts, wishing in earnest to help the world, are lured into these groups offering such.
I don't know much about this personality, but egomaniac (not trying to be judgmental just calling it as I see it!) comes to mind. Reminds me of how my Indian relatives, of the same family yet not engaging in these scams all through India, have their own inner spirituality without ritual. Maybe it's just how they were raised. Foot kissing? Ya'll ought to have thrown your shoes at the guy!!!! (if you'd only known) :wink:

In India, in old tradition, a son/daughter will bend over to touch the feet of their parents. This typically results in the parent not allowing their offspring to bend down, but by the parent placing their hand on the top of their offspring's head, as a "blessing." My in-laws NEVER allowed me to touch their feet. It wasn't my "way" as my father-in-law said, but I would do it, or attempt to, in order to offer my respect to them. No, they wouldn't allow it, but pulled me up and would hug me instead. They're very much aware of so many over there who decide to take a "vow" and open an "ashram," as a manner of simply "copping out" and having "devotees" support them. I once had a question while at a Hindu temple and was going to ask the temple priest. My husband told me the priest wouldn't even know the answer. They simply perform the rituals. There are those who are true and seek peace away from the masses and "adoration," and then those who call attention to themselves in their dire need for thus. I'm so sorry you were caught in this. Pure hearts just are. People such as this, as you know, think nothing of raping the minds and spirituality of those who wish better for the world.

So here sits this self-proclaimed whatever, allowing people to kiss his feet. ::tossing a shoe at him:: He ought to know what that means.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Holy Shoe Batman..

great find, David.
Thanks Joe,

I was in two minds whether to post the video link as it was so depressing,
My heart goes out to that nation. But I am very optimistic about how fast positive change can occur in the world.
"Viva la" internet...!

Tree...
I just got the joke...
thanks for the chuckle

G2G...

I appreciate your comments.
I am embarrassed to tell you this.."You had better sit down"...!
In the London Ashram we had one of Guru Maharaji's shoe?s set upon an an altar,
it was adorned with flowers and his photograph.
I remember at one particular Guru Puja event, "I was responsible for setting up the stage microphone",
a devotee asked me,... if I would look for one of Guru Maharaji's 'holy hairs' that may have fallen to his chair?,
Yes I said respectfully, all the while thinking?what a great idea..
If I find one, I will keep it for myself to place beside his holy shoe..
This is a true story.

Jai Satchitanand

David.

Ex-Premie.Org,
The truth about DLM. Prem Rawat, a.k.a. Maharaji,

http://www.ex-premie.org/index.html
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

David wrote: "Jai Satchitanand

David.

Ex-Premie.Org,
The truth about DLM. Prem Rawat, a.k.a. Maharaji,

http://www.ex-premie.org/index.html"

David, many others were caught up in that "Jai Shitagrande" :wink: (take-off from "Chitigrand" - one of Arjun's wives in the "Mahabharat") - and then this guy grabbing the simplest of terms from Hindi "Guru Maharaji" - whatever. "Maha" means "big" in Hindi. "Raj" or 'raji' "rajrani" etc. - all terms relating to royalty. Ever hear of the "British Raj?" Prem? It's a Hindu name meaning "love." When speaking of love in Hindi, we tend to use the word, "pyar."

This guy really knew how to "royally screw" the western minds with the simplest of Indian/Hindi terms! Now that the world has grown smaller via travel and the internet and people marrying those from across the globe, one would think he'd at least change his silly little Hindi name. "Guru" means teacher. I'm sure you know all of this David. Watching the guy sit there with that expression on his face of "knowing" exactly what he was doing, and how stupid he was thinking these people were to not know the simplest of Hindi and Hinduism....makes me feel like tossing my lunch into his lap instead of my shoes!

We, as a people, need to be more aware of other's customs, traditions, culture, etc. This is one manner in which to detect a rip-off.
The only thing that looks "maha" about this guy is his belly!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

But none of you knew, so don't hang your head. He might live in luxury here, as does jzrk, but what is in the heart? A heart full of love and compassion is priceless. His material things will pass, but that within? Well, he might as well toot it out his behind since it apparently appears worthless at this juncture. Oh, but 'tis a learning experience - for HIM.

I am so grateful the man I fell in love with and married (25 years next month) is from another culture, one which gently forced me to learn so much - including another language or mixture thereof - Hindi/Punjabi/Urdu.

Jai David, for this site!

And to those who place themselves on a throne of deceit? Bakwas - chootiya ram bakwas bund karo et al....oops, did I say that?
Hanji.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

Prem Rawat, aka "Mrajee" [that's how it sounded to me the first time i met a premie in the 1970s] is a prime example of a parent creating a spoiled monster of a child. This guy was picked at age 12 or 13 to succeed his dad as godman in his Radhasoami lineage of Sant Mat gurus, whish was a 19th century spinoff of Sikhism. Then the perfect storm happened when Rawat's mom and others brought the godkid to the West where hippie seekers were going gaga over gurus. Like wow man! ...Thus DLM was born later to morph into Elan Vital. Rawat learned early that he merely had to give what his doting followers wanted, a show of "knowledge", then he could live as he wished in luxury.

I encountered many premies and ex-premies when I was exit counseling full time in the 1980s and early 90s. One I recall was a female premie who worked for Rawat's estranged wife, I think. The premie regularly saw the plump guru soused on expensive cognac--his favorite drink, according to her. And there were the mistresses. Rawat lived at one end of the estate and the wife on the other at the time.

Around 1991 I recall going to one of Rawat's gatherings in Manhattan---it was one of those deals that if you were not a believer you would be scratching your head: "What in god's name do these people see in this guy?" He was THAT bad, full of pithy and simplistic new age aphorisms. Yet the premie crowd was entranced like kids at a puppet show.

The auditorium was nearly full at 500, mostly middle aged premies from New York with a large percentage of Jewish followers.

Jewish cult clinics since the 1970s have been alarmed at the high percentage of their "youth" that fell for these gurus---fully one-eighth of a generation of Jews by one survey by a rabbi I knew in 1983.

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”