The art of misdirection - Apollo Robbins

Got something fun to share? post it here..we sure need it :-)
David McCarthy
Site Admin

The art of misdirection - Apollo Robbins

Unread post by David McCarthy »

The art of misdirection | Apollo Robbins - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZGY0wPAnus
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
journeythroughramthaland

Re: The art of misdirection - Apollo Robbins

Unread post by journeythroughramthaland »

Great one David!!

As an amateur, amateur magician, I really appreciate the art and science of Magic. I have always said, joining a group who uses systemic manipulation of influence and persuasion (for profit) is very much akin to seeing a magic show. The difference is, when you go to see the magic show the purpose of you going is to be fooled and to feel the sense of wonder a good magician produces. If you paid money to go, and the magician fumbles his tricks without recovery and it is apparent how he/she does it you are upset, feeling cheated.

When joining a group, you have no expectation of trickery, it is most often serious world changing stuff. They both use similar methods but for differing means except, they do not necessarily have to have the skill a magician has, because they have the advantage (though the magician uses mental ju-jitsu in this regard) of knowing no one is looking to see how the tricks are done!!

Apollo is one of my favorite, a great!!
"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."
-William Mizner
Xylofone

Unread post by Xylofone »

That's great!!

Thinking about one of the wine ceremonies it occurred to me that "Ramtha" was acting drunk rather than really being drunk. Sometimes "the body" is drunk, and sometimes it's not. I've seen "Ramtha" actually drunk and I've seen times when it was an acting job. On another occasion, "he" made it a point to say he had consumed three bottles of wine already and it was a miracle that he wasn't drunk, but that's because he's a god.

Made me think what kind of sleight of hand they use and then I realized he usually has someone else pour his wine - off stage and off camera!
The few times the camera catches the wine being poured, the camera quickly moves away.

And the crowd goes wild! How does "the body" consume 3-8 bottles of wine without getting drunk, and then one day consumes 2 glasses and is drunk and slurring words. It's magic!
journeythroughramthaland

Unread post by journeythroughramthaland »

The big guy probably has on “Depends” 😂😬😎, she could use a catheter. If it an illusion, it could be a double walled glass so it looks full but really is not, or it gets diverted to the glass somewhere else if the table has a table cloth that goes below the table. Lots of different ways to produce that illusion.
"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."
-William Mizner
Xylofone

Unread post by Xylofone »

Haha that's funny, I thought maybe she was using a catheter at one point since it takes sooooo looonnnng to get ready for Ram, even though she says it takes minutes on TV interviews :lol:

Yeah her goblet is not clear, always dark or ornate. It's huge, but we don't know what it looks like inside. And we can't see how much wine is poured in. For all we know, she could be pretending to gulp from a nearly empty cup!

I heard students used to wear diapers to the tank, you might be onto something with the depends. That might explain the strange way she sits sometimes :lol:

Return to “LAUGHTER: A HEALTHY PART OF MOVING ON”