The Heart of a Cult by lena phoenix

Open for discussion and exchange of views.
Another Dimension60

The Heart of a Cult by lena phoenix

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

http://theheartofacult.com/essay.htm

Joe - are you familiar with this?

she has a link to emf on her website
Vanilla

Re: The Heart of a Cult by lena phoenix

Unread post by Vanilla »

I like her definition. It's true Cults are everywhere..

When I ask RSE students about if it is a cult they say their brains needs washing. And that there is a cult for everything.

I guess you would have to see up close what I have seen, to know what RSE does to men's minds. Nothing is real, you cannot trust your eyes, you cannot trust reality, reality is what you cannot comprehend with your human senses, Ramtha is god, feel the love man?, let's get drunk so we can be who we really are, because we are not our human selves, Christmas trees are zero point to hertizian triangle and the balls are orbs, aliens take our eggs while we sleep because they have no emotions and need to make hybrods, I love Ramtha so much, I can watch the solidarity video over and over and over and over, this guy gave me an enlightenmefree cd and I turned it on and Oh my god it was against our teacher so I burned it, glazed eyes, old ladies in tents in freezing weather peeing in bottles, waking up 530 am to sit in the ice dew to stare at the sky looking for angels and other beings, blowing blowing blowing, long capes and medieval costumes..children asked about their conversations with orbs, Photos of sick relatives with spider webs drawn all over them, midnight run to safeway with webs drawn on the faces, Only if you are let out, maybe once a week.
ex

Unread post by ex »

and rse students still believe: i am not in a cult.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

AD
no, but I read thru Lena Phoenix web site---I wonder if that is her given name??
the inst where she learned to "write" has a colorful history---it is based on a school/cult run by Chogyam Trungpa, one of those "enightened" tibetan buddhist's who charmed the pants off american women and drank like a fish. His style of teaching came to be known as "crazy wisdom" and was a favorite of post-Beat generation crowd like Jack kerouac and Al Ginsberg.

I enjoyed this memoir about the jack kerouac school that later became naropa inst:
http://www.amazon.com/When-Was-Cool-Ker ... 0060005661
When I Was Cool: My Life at the Jack Kerouac School by Sam Kashner---you would have more fun reading Kashner than Phoenix, i think--I scanned through her first 3 chapters.

I was really into the Beats in the late '60s. I later met Jack Kerouac's former agent in the early 80s and then his one daughter Jan Kerouac whose book "Baby Driver" was just released at the time---she had a Hungarian translation of it and wanted to hear what it sounded like in Hungarian, so I obliged her. Jan was a very attractive but troubled young lady who died tragically in the end of brain cancer in 1996
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Kerouac

I have not heard of Lena or her book from my circle but her effort seems to be quite nuanced about the cult experience.

joe

Return to “Tips, Links and Book Reviews”