The Olympian Article WhiteWind Weaver

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
Whatchamacallit

The Olympian Article WhiteWind Weaver

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

http://www.theolympian.com/breakingnews ... 02297.html

just released...

Ramtha lawsuit to go to trial, judge rules today

BY KERI BRENNER
THE OLYMPIAN

OLYMPIA -- A judge denied a motion today to end the lawsuit brought by Ramtha School of Enlightenment founder JZ Knight against Rainier spiritual teacher WhiteWind Weaver, sending the case to trial Sept. 8.

Thurston County Superior Court Judge Gary Tabor said there were issues of fact that should be decided by a jury and denied Seattle attorney Paul Swanson's motion that would have dismissed the case.

Knight, self-described channel for an ancient male warrior spirit named Ramtha, is alleging breach of contract in connection with a registration certificate Weaver signed when she took classes at Knight's school in Yelm.

At issue is whether the terms of the certificate were violated when Weaver taught her own personal growth seminar in August 2006.

Weaver is asserting that her seminar was based on teachings she had previously developed independently of the Ramtha school and which were part of public domain.

For more on this story, see Saturday's Olympian.
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

It's too bad the trial will not be about whether or not the 'confidentiality agreement' is valid in the first place....
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

LWO wrote: << It's too bad the trial will not be about whether or not the 'confidentiality agreement' is valid in the first place....>>

Isn't THAT the truth! How many people have traveled 30+ hours getting to airports, changing flights, from country to country and arrive at RSE exhausted to begin with. Then they are presented with the ??? paged document requiring their signature to confirm the "RSE" terms, or you cannot participate in the "bait and switch" program. What are these people supposed to do after spending their money traveling to Yelm and paying for the program, not to mention foodstuffs. Do they just turn around and go home if they don't agree? (and lose their entire tuition and travel monies). How many are too tired to read the entire document? How many cannot read the language in which the document is printed?

RSE ought be REQUIRED to present their "confidentiality agreement" when a student enrolls for an "event." Otherwise, as posted elsewhere here, how CAN it hold up in a court of law?

Another point - anything I dream is due to ME. So if I dreamed about the school, I do not attribute it to them. They are trying to "regulate" from whence dreams originate? Pfui.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

(might be a little off topic so please move to off-topic if moderators deem necessary).
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Whatchamacallit

More in today's news

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/402741.html

Ramtha lawsuit headed to court

September trial date set for action against ex-student

Keri Brenner
The Olympian

OLYMPIA ? A lawsuit by Ramtha School of Enlightenment founder JZ Knight against Rainier spiritual teacher WhiteWind Weaver will go to trial in September, a judge ruled Friday.

Thurston County Superior Court Judge Gary Tabor made the ruling after hearing arguments from Weaver's attorney, Paul Swanson of Seattle, and Knight's attorney, Rick Creatura of Tacoma.

Swanson asked Tabor to grant summary judgment, a move that would have dismissed the case. Tabor said, "There are material issues of fact as to whether there was a breach of contract that a jury will have to determine."

Weaver said she welcomed the opportunity to air the issues.

"I feel confident that a jury trial will ferret through the facts raised by the JZ Knight crew, and that they will identify the ridiculous nature of this suit," she said.

She said the trial will allow the jury to see that "all persons should have the freedom to teach" what they know.

Knight, self-described channel of an ancient male warrior spirit named Ramtha, alleges breach of contract in connection with a registration certificate Weaver signed when she took classes at Knight's school in Yelm. Knight was not at the hearing.

Creatura said a seminar Weaver taught in August 2006 violated a portion of the certificate that prohibits Ramtha students from using the teachings for their own commercial purposes.

Weaver says her seminar was based on teachings she had previously developed independently of the Ramtha school and that were part of public domain.

Swanson said phrases such as "So Be That" or "Turn to Your Neighbor" were part of public domain and could not be claimed by the school.

Creatura said later that the school was trying to preserve the purity of its teachings.

"Her seminar was less than 10 miles from the school, she was advertising it to students at the school, and she was using teachings that were not consistent with what is taught at the school," Creatura said.

School spokesman Mike Wright added that Weaver incorporated a document for her seminar students to sign that was similar to Ramtha's certificate.

The trial is set to run four days and begin Sept. 8.

Keri Brenner covers Thurston County and Tumwater for The Olympian. She can be reached at 360-754-5435 or kbrenner@theolympian.com.
Whatchamacallit

LWO.....Absolutely. My thoughts, too. White Wind's attorney needs to address the validity (non) of the document, nevermind reacting to it. As they say, it's a no-thing.
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

Yeah... I don't know a whole lot about legal stuff but I think if the lawsuit is to determine whether the tenets of the contract were breached, a jury may not be allowed to take into consideration whether the contract was valid in the first place. That then belongs in a different suit.... I would love to see it brought up in court. In either case, the publicity will no doubt be bad for JZ, looks an awful lot like she's trying to protect her assets, not a befitting image of a 'christ'. :roll:

G2G, so true :( Does anyone know whether they actually do not refund the tuition paid for an event if someone decides not to sign...? That seems blatantly illegal, I think in that case they would have to issue a refund, no? Then again, nothing surprises me anymore, it's already pretty clear rse is a little deficient in the common sense department. :wink:
Whatchamacallit

Signing the gag order

It seems to me that (if I recall correctly and I think I do), if a person attends the ranch for an event, and they had no prior notice that they were going to be REQUIRED to sign a "Conditions of Participation" agreement (gag order that violates their freedom of speech as far as I'm concerned), then they could refuse and get a full refund of the cost of their event.

However, as we all know, there are other expenses involved; plane fare, car rental, food, hotel, gas, and in many cases time away from one's job and family. Those things are not refunded. This is unacceptable from a corporation that doesn't even give you a heads up that you MUST sign such a document.

I have never heard of any other "new age" community that mandates such signatures, either. Not that it doesn't exist, but I know other "channelers" do not have that stipulation upon attending their events. If someone knows of any who do, please correct me.

It all looks negative; very paranoid and controlling. Why would Ramtha or JZ or whatever "they/it is/are", need to create such a reality ????? Hhahaahahahhhahahaaaa

Caveat Emptor !
Whatchamacallit

More in the Seattle paper on this topic

Ramtha lawsuit set for September trial in Olympia

Trial has been set for Sept. 8 in Olympia for a lawsuit brought by the Ramtha School founder JZ Knight against another spiritual teacher, WhiteWind Weaver.

The Yelm school accuses Weaver of using some of its teachings in her classes at Rainier. A Thurston County Superior Court judge agreed Friday to let a jury settle the dispute.

Knight says she channels the spirit of an ancient warrior named Ramtha. Weaver attended a Ramtha seminar and signed a contract agreeing not to use the teachings for her own commercial purposes.

Weaver says her program is based on teachings she developed independently or that are in the public domain.

Monday, March 31, 2008 - Page updated at 09:23 AM

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... trial.html
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

I was never informed that I would have to sign anything when I went to my beginner's. I signed it because it didn't bother me. Now I know it doesn't matter because you guys where correct in saying that the teachings are found else where. Could she use that as part of her defense?
Keep the greater good at heart.
Whatchamacallit

I would certainly think she could and should use that as part of her defense. I know there is a time limit on the written works of another (I forget how many years) and after that time, it is okay to cite other's works. I want to say it's forty years ??? I'm thinking of Vera STanley Alder's work. It has blue body, and the levels of consciousness, to name a few things that sure to appear to be right out of the teachings.

Return to “News Articles”