a _____ (you fill in the blank) story

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
tree

a _____ (you fill in the blank) story

Unread post by tree »

I happened to run into a recent-out-from-RSE student at Fred Meyer. After the first several awkard sentences seeing if who of us was still in school or how long each of us was out, this person relayed to me this story.

This person, I shall call him Dan, went to a Thanksgiving dinner several years back with several other 'masters'. (circa 1992 or so).
Dan really took notice of this one fairly young (foreign) woman (early to mid 20's) who seemed to have starved herself prior to the Thanksgiving dinner.
With every offer of a helping of peas and carrots, or mashed potatoes, she utterly scooped them off her plate into her mouth.
With the next offering of food, she obliged with a vengeance.
Dan told me it was as if. "she was starving for something." Food maybe? Spirtiual understanding?

About a year later, Dan heard about a tragic fire. He happened to have run into a person who was sent to the fire that night.

There was a fire in a single wide mobile home in the Yelm/Rainier area.
A body of a young woman and a cat were found in the front of the mobile.
The fire dept person told Dan:
We suspected arson. But for the longest time, we could not figure out who.
This woman, sat in the lotus position, in her living room, with her cat in her arms, and allowed the fire to engulf her, the cat, and the trailer.
There was no movement, whatsoever, of escape.

A little while later, Dan learned that the woman did not feel she was living up to the expectations of the disciplines at the ranch and considered herself an utter, enlightening failure.
Thus, her setting her home, her self , and her cat on fire.

The fire dept had long since closed the case. Arson. No known suspects.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

What a tragedy. It's not the only tragedy related to that place, either.

Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken with this information, but I heard a number of times through the grapevine that the city of Yelm turns its head the other way when it comes to the UNDERGROUND HOUSES that are built all across the land (towns). These places do not necessarily meet code requirements (for safety, of course), and in fact a number of them have caved in. Yet, RSE continues to support the building of these structures, so that the students can survive the Days to Come. How, in a tomb ? The City of Yelm, it would appear, is ethically corrupt, at least.
tree

UG's

Unread post by tree »

Whatcha-
No UG's would be in the city proper.
Well, I take that back. Someone who passed away in the school fairly recently built a permitted dome within the Yelm city limits.
That was done according to code.
I do know that the Thurston County Auditor's office is aware of UG's in the county.
The assessor just passed through here in May (as they do, by law, every 6 years)
and shared with me several stories regarding UG's and people living in sheds and tents and trailers (of the tractor trailer kind).
The assessor's office pretty much just turns their heads.
What can they do? It would be a nightmare between them and the building department.
Nothing is set up in place to deal with something like that.
The one exception that I know of is that someone pulled out an actual permit for a full out basement in Clearwood no less!
We thought she was nuts at the time.
But we even poured a top on it and then she constructed her house right over the basement/UG.
It went all according to code.

so, what happend to the "teaching" of "if someone spots your UG, start over!" ?
This does NOT make any sense.
Build a tomb or build it according to code so that everyone knows about it.
What's the point?
And who would want to live through any catastrophic event with a bunch of narcicsstic people who are just going to shoot you anyway
because of their fear? Replenish the earth? With what? more fearful people?
Not too different than the stories "ramtha" makes up about Jehovah.
Whatchamacallit

Oh, I never heard that if you're UG is found out, to start over.

I feel for the Assessor's office. Wouldn't want to be them. Yes, I totally get that at this point, if were all addressed, it would be a nightmare. The other side of it, is that it's awful that there are people living in those conditions (for lots of reasons), and it sends the message that they can do whatever they want; which they will call manifesting it.

I heard that some of them were flooded out and ruined. Caved in.

Exactly - why would anyone want to be around with them, in the aftermath of the doom and gloom, with their mindset ? What's so sad is that they don't see it, either. They really think they are so open-minded, but they sure aren't. It's a mess.
Whatchamacallit

Days To Come (Ramtha quotes)

Scroll down this page just about 1/3 of the way and you'll see "Ramtha's" predictions of Doom & Gloom, which explains the actions of students as they prepare for the Days to Come. Why don't Ramtha and his Alien buddies stop this from happening ? :wink:

Or, the students...Masters ? Surely if they all stop preparing and start focusing, they can change the doom and gloom to heaven or Earth, yes ? :?

http://www.mountshastamagazine.com/this ... ndex.shtml
Robair

Hello

Unread post by Robair »

Hello
If you remember at the begenning you was do dig your UG by your self,no help and keep it very secret, we got tired of this very fast and we came up with the ideal that if we blindfold someone they could come and help.The funny part was to see an old pickup truck driving on Vail road with a driver and 2 blindfolded pasengers.
Steel laughing just thinking about it
Oldone

The Best Thing About The Future Is That It Only Comes One Day At The Time
tree

Unread post by tree »

I've got a good UG building story.

One project leader, who is an illegal alien, driving me, a blind folded passenger, and another 4 blind folded illegal aliens in back of the truck covered with a canopy.
The project leader/driver, gets pulled over for speeding.
The officer looks in and asks, why are all these people blind folded?
And then asks us all for our driver's license.
Every single one but me, has like their home country license, or does not have an I.D.
The statie just shook his head.
I was instructed to drive the rest of the way to our original meeting point-Sheri's restuarant in Centralia. :D :D
tree

Unread post by tree »

and p.s.

it's a VERY good time to have a garage sale if you are an ex-Ramster.
You can make a ton of $ and the current students feel like they are getting a really good deal :D
Whatchamacallit

OMG !!!

I see what I missed by never living out there ! Whenever I came into town for an event, even for the small amount of "socializing" that I did - if I can even call it that, I always heard stories of the latest round of Yelm-ranch gossip. Never heard this one, though.

Blindfolded so nobody knew where they were going to, and couldn't rat out the location of the UG's !

Okay, how am I supposed to go to sleep now ? It's VERY late and I'm going to be laughing with this visual.

The things we used to do. Think I'll go wake hubby up and tell him. He'll appreciate that (not). LOL

It must be quite a trip to be a fly on the wall at the Assessor's office or the Police Department. Or.....St. Pete's. Broken bones, blue stars in ink on one's forehead....egads!
Robair

Funny UG stuff

Unread post by Robair »

Hello. guys
Many funny thing happend while working on Ugs,Like the one Tree just mention I am sure she has more,her partener builded many of them also.

If you were a Ug builder when you got a contract to build one, the fun would start,you had to bring all the supply on the site,so you would go to Yelm Builder with cash only and get what you needed,load that in your Pickup truck,and go the secret location, now you are driving with a truck loaded with big piece of wood going down the road with blindfolded pasengers.
You would get to the site and start working,everything had to be done in secret on the site also so none of your helpers knew where the were,
Except for Tor the operator of the digging machine He was in GROUP 10 so he was impeccable and did not need to be blinfolded he got there on his own, oh yes an the guy who delivered the digging machine from the rental place.
So after everyone will be in place you will be working and there come the owner of the Ug (witch everyone knew and knew very well where he or she lived )comming to see how things was going.
One time I got and old blindfold punch two small hole in it got in the truck put my Holly Blindfold on and instructed my helpers to put there on an drove out of the yard like this while Glen the owner of Yelm builder was watching us, laughing is headl off. Now you had 3 blindfolded impeccable Ramsters going down the road with a pickup truck full of Big Lumber.
You guys who never done that can use your imagination on things that could happen in those situations,And the funny thing about it is they probably did Happened to some of us
This site need some humor sometime
I am sure many of us have funny story
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oldone

The Best Thing About the Future is that it Only Comes One Day At The Time
See&E

UG Rememberance Hoodwinked Helpers

Unread post by See&E »

Tree,
yes I remember the original secretive mandate! omg!
One event I flew in and was invited to stay at the home of a
member who was out of the country. What was curious, in spite of
all the secrecy, when I arrived, there was a nice welcome note informing
me of how to make myself at home for the trip, but also a very obvious
"accidental" ( I think not) survey and building plans for their beyond elaborate UG.
It obviously was as if they were so pleased with their hard work, they were busting
at the seams to share it with someone. So, after glancing at the clearly marked
entrances, I took the obvious invitation to go check it out. (Later they shared they'd
hoped I'd take the clue and check out their hard work). I laughed and shared that
they did everything but leave lights or bread crumbs for me. They had built entrances
from different locations. You had to crawl thru the same (exact) tubing/plastic culvert pipes we used to crawl thru in the tank. Once you got about 120 feet into it, you came
to the antechamber of the first part of their hobbit-hovel. They had elaborately created camoflauged ventilation pipes up above the ground. They had 5 years, easily of stored provisions, batteries, water tank, etc. It was not, however for the claustrophobic.
When I asked them how they could have possibly built that by themselves (later) they relayed that they did indeed have help, but not to worry, the helpers were blind folded always, and they even went thru the trouble of having a false initial impression location where they allowed the helpers to have refreshment before being reblindfolded. Further,
they had converted all their previously stored funds into gold, silver, (later wine, cigars, tobacco, sugar, flour, etc for bartering commodity).

When Chicken Little was wrong, years, decade passed by, they eventually started hearing the y=land stories of former students that had either left or were rudely shunned. They sold their humble hovel, with the elaborate gopher trails, for pennies on the dollar for what it had cost them. Their gold investment dropped, and their funds were depleted over the many years. They left very disenchanted, during one of the (several) times that their beloved leader told them he was leaving/that he had failed/ etc.

Their marriage suffered, their family distanced themselves, and they moved out of the area. I lost touch with them a few years ago, but I keep them in my thoughts and prayers, and hope they found hope, purpose, meaning and hopefully found work again after losing their "talents" (like the proverb of the prodigal son) into the ground.

The last conversation I recall, it was still their hope that the long promised manifest apparition of the tall, loving God they adored would reward them for their arduous work, and they'd know it was all purposeful, even the non-happening of promised economic collapse, earth changes/cataclysms. They shared that they still had lucid dreams of being taught the ancient wisdom of the mystery schools.

Thanks for the sharing about the hoodwinked helpers. Remember all the copper foil? copper flakes in paint? and other preventatives?
Robair

think about it

Unread post by Robair »

Now think about that
You will get to the secret site,and start working,since you did not have Power,you will be using Chain Saw grenerators, Hammer Slegs Hammers skil saw drill, and all of a sudden the win will come and everyone will be scream thinking the Ram was visiting ,and at lunch time everyone will be going in the wood making funny noise with there Blindfold on, now you ad the rain to all of that,rain gear,rubber booths, bleu tarps,ect ect.

I think I will call some of my contact in Holloywood we might have enough Funny Material to make a great Movie.LOL LOL.
Oldone
Robair

Copper

Unread post by Robair »

Yes copper everything, copper Hat copper jakets,copper blindfold,all copper for Ugs and the house also.copper the cab of the truck.
This is too funny I got to stop.
Oldone
tree

Unread post by tree »

Old One-
you have me nearly peeing my pants!

I have another story about a single person contracting me to build their entire UG all by myself.
They were SOO fanatical, they only wanted ONE person.
of course, I was so brainwashed at the time, of course I thought I could do this.

So, I get all supplies, dig the hole, make the "proprietary" A Frame style UG , copper et al.

I am at this every day for months.
Finally, back fill day.

I am on the backhoe (rented from Herttz in town but had to drive it like 1 mile to the site)
backfilling the water tank (the UG was almost entirely covered).

The owner comes walking up from the West.
At the same time, the guy from Hertz rental is coming up from the East.
He yells, "Everything going alright? Anything I can do for you?"

I look at the owner. You should have seen her face. White as a sheet.
omg! It was the best!!! hahahahaha! :D
tree

Unread post by tree »

a side story to this one.

during the construction of this UG, the owner one day decided to come down and finally participate.
She grabs the skill saw, sais: If you hear any whining sounds, it is just me cutting this sheet of plywood at an angle.
(She was at home consultant for some kind of physics related business. No home building skills involved).

Two minutes later, I hear this sheering scream. The owner has cut through her hand and is bleeding profusely.

I grab her hand, wrap it tight with mine, shove her UP the ladder, sit down, do C+E on the injury (oh god. did I just type that?!), get her into my truck as she is
fanatically yelling NOT to call 911. She orders me to drive. She doesn't want anyone else to know where this UG is.
(across the street from the ranch HAHAHA!)
Mind you, I have never been to St. Pete's and I have in the back of my truck a 500 gallon water tank with about 300 gallons of water.
And she wants me to drive to the hospital.

The bleeding has stopped. The entire way she is screaming for St. Peter, St. John, St. whomever. Not once did she cry out to
Ramtha. And this was "magic #1" at the time. I just found that odd. Praying to all the saints.

Well, by some miracle, I find St. Pete's. They airlift her to Seattle.

A few weeks later, the aforementioned funny story about Hertz rental paying a visit happens.

She was so distraught she stiffed me the $800+ she owed me for the past two weeks' work.

impeccable magic #1 my a$$.
Robair

Hey Tree

Unread post by Robair »

Hey tree
Looking back at all of this we must admit there is lot of very funny story.
Today they are doing them in Concrete,do they mix the concrete by hand if so that would be a funny site to see,or do they have all inpeccable concrete truck drivers, also probaby need to use a pump truck,do the truck drivers blindfold there helpers?
Oldone
Whatchamacallit

OMG, this is hysterical. We need a thread for RSE's funniest stories. I have some to tell, but I don't have any for UG's.

The only experience I had with that was in audience when I was talking to my partner and saying that I thought that needing a UG was nonsense and I didn't intend to have one...well...you can imagine the look I got. Then, a while later, JZR was saying that if we thought we could only survive the changes by staying in our house basement, we were sadly mistaken. It's the UG way or no way !

[edit: I meant to say that in talking to my partner, I said I thought it was nonsense and if things got that bad I'd go sit in my basement]

Personally, I expect the big dude's spaceship to come and save me. :wink:
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

This thread is SO funny -- I wish I could share these stories with my mother!!.... :cry:
Robair

Unread post by Robair »

Hello tree
This is funny the rental guy comming to help,did he had his blinders on,I just can imagine the look on the face of the owner LOL.
should mention the winter I builted 7 Ugs on the same land,it look like a small city as you could see from one of them as it was much higher then the other one,that was funny Hey Hey to make it much more funny one of them was mind. even funnyer it was my second one I hit water on the firt one, Hey Tree on the first one I had Sir Robert doing the digging he took him 2 week working 4 hrs a day to do the hole and I TOUGHT HE WAS A VERY FAST DIGGER, Lol ,on the second one I think the impeccable master owning the land sold the wood on it to a logger to have more money to go to the ranch I guest.Now can you see the logger face every time he falled in a big hole every 200 feet or so, WHAT'S ABOVE SO BELOW. I did not care I was gone by then.

Oldone
Robair

the blidfolded

Unread post by Robair »

Here is a tought.
Now imagine that every morning for many years,for someone driving the hiway and byway in Thuston County to see all kind of Machine going by with blimdfolded pasengers and on one occasion a blindfolded driver, going by them I can only guest what they were calling us,,Hey Hey here is a good name to call us The Blindfolded Patrol.
Oldone
tree

Unread post by tree »

on the first one I had Sir Robert doing the digging he took him 2 week working 4 hrs a day to do the hole and I TOUGHT HE WAS A VERY FAST DIGGER
omg old one! were you on crack cocaine?!?!? HAHAHAHA :D
The THOUGHT of Robert even exercising ONE JOINT of his body, other that to play poker with BLue Body (which the whole crew KNOWS
he sucks gas at!) is utterly amusing.

And since WHEN and WHY in fact, could he and WAS he able to purchase such and expensive gown the "Ram" had worn and purchase for 45K a pair of boots that "had power"?!
Robair

About Robert

Unread post by Robair »

Hello Tree
You are funny,but keep in mind all he had to do was to push on the two little sticks next to him, he only did it for 4 hour at the time,it must bhave been very tirering to do.
About the money he is spending,I worte and email to David a week ago about that,to check on it and gave him some info on what he is doing, Maybe David is checking on it,he has not gotten back to me yet.
But he is spending a lot of Money I got some pretty interesting I deal about that.
Oldeone
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Oldone..

I sent you a PM last night.

I also questioned several RSE member?s about "Sir" Robert's deep pockets...
I was told that he won his fortune in a lottery ?through focus..!
He also won his great fortune at the casino?through remote view gambling?!
Personally..
I suspect that ?Sir'-Robert is no more than a JZR stage prop star. In plain English.. A fake,
groomed to funnel Judith's cash through various targets such as the CSE.
This also creates a big impression on her flock to keep the faith.
It?s all so brilliantly orchestrated ?where the need to believe...trumps critical thinking and ethics..

David..
tree

Unread post by tree »

Hey Hey to make it much more funny one of them was mind
old one!! too funny...I can relate!! lol

as far as Robert having enough money to buy whatever clothes at a ridiculous price and then telling the Nisqually Valley new that
"the power is in the boots." :D :D :D does he know how ridiculous that sounds to the average Joe? me thinks not.

JZ: maybe some protocol in regards to media coverage should be a mandatory class for all of your employees......hahahah!
Good luck with THAT one. Those who cannot even make a gramatically correct sentence in a book that "the RAM told him to write."
Thank God Oprah knew better. His book is too obvious of RSE (cult) verbage. "My teacher this" and "my teacher that".
hmmm...sounds like the guy cannot think for himself.

And speaking of Oprah.....I remember this quote by JZR:

"She is just an envious black woman wanting to be white."

omg.....
are you for real???
THAT woman does more to help educate people, to help women who have been vilotated more than you EVER have.
You can keep repeating how you gave ONE particular graduating class at Yelm High School scholarships.
But that was freaking YEARS ago.
'What have you done for me lately?'

You are living in the dark ages in terms of philanthropy.
Maybe get up to speed in this current millenium.

Robair

David

Unread post by Robair »

Hello David
P.M you about 30 minutes or so before reading this.let me know what you think on this page if tou like.
Oldone
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

""""And speaking of Oprah.....I remember this quote by JZR:

"She is just an envious black woman wanting to be white."""""

JZ said this? Or JZ behaving as R? Makes no difference to me. I am utterly REPULSED I EVER stepped foot onto that property. I am so ashamed of having been part of someone's money-making scheme who has uttered such words, with JRK actually believing and saying such an impossibly STUPID thing. Perhaps she isn't that smart after all. Perhaps the "photographic" memory is all there is. Is this the same as being "smart?"

I am hanging my head in sadness over such words. One thing I noticed is that women who were well-known for humanitarian efforts, example Mother Theresa, were criticized by jrk, almost to the extent that I felt an underlying "anger and jealousy" emanating from jrk. Jrk will never be of such character, unless or until SHE CHANGES HER LIFE. And I feel compelled to add, does JRK have NO idea that this is a racist statement? How DARE she try and enter the chambers of those such as the forum in Florida, etc., for abused women, etc.

Let the truth ring through the world.

I sincerely pray that Oprah sees the light since she's obviously caught up on the fringes of this stuff, aka the "Secret." There is NO secret. It's OBVIOUS. Attitude. Similar to suddenly labeling bananas "cholesterol free," when they NEVER had any cholesterol to begin with. And "new and improved cereal" is simply a newly designed box! 8) 8) 8)
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
tree

a current UG story

Unread post by tree »

ok...so just last week, I am asked to work on some Ramster's UG by one of the next metioned "contractors" because I have a) the ability to lay stone and block b) I have the abiility for the last 8 years to work an excavator, backhoe, or cat. c) and I have worked with this guy before. He knows my work ethic. [I need to note, some in the inner circle in Yelm, know about my story. There are others who do not know. All the characters involed do NOT know about my story-or else - I would have not been hired for the job]
so, KNOWING how they think, and thinking that I can just ' do the job and get paid' (uh...sorely mistaken there..duh)
I say yes.
I go to the job for the first 2 days.
no problemo. I am working with the current (very sweet and innocent btw) Ramster's son (who has been in prison for the last 7 years).
The son, is NOT the problem. He thinks right. He knows when people have been conned. He is street smart. I like this guy.
But his mother is a Ramster with HUGE ideals about "The Days to Come." she is 26 years in the school of ancient wisdom.

yesterday, the son questions why the two guys who are in charge, One , a known contractor from Idaho, the other, he owns a wine store in
Lacey,Mr WineMaker has NO experience in the building field...he is a salesman and marketeer, why they are charging $90 and hour to run a Case 580 backhoe. The son also notes, that the wine salesman, is slinging the boom around and appears to have never operated a piece of machinery before.

The mother, the past two days and nights, has got numerous questions about why 8K of ther 20K of their budget, has already been spent on the said UG project, when all she has to show so far is : 1) a big hole 2) a 12 by 16 4 inch non-finished slab.
She has the contractor's initials of EJ, but no itemized statement.
$564 for backhoe
$1300 for labor (over the weekend.....3 days, including Friday....of 4.5 hours each day...for two guys... one ON the backhoe, one OFF the backhoe...so like $90 /hour for 14 hours).

the son is watching these guys use the machine. Mr Wine Guy has NEVER been on a machine.
the person with the initials of EJ seems to know a bit about what he is doing.

So, the past two afternoons, AFTER she has paid me for my expertise in bricklaying @ $17/hour (stonework is my specialty, and I would have charged $20, but since I have not laid block for some time, I charge her only $17)she is questioning, with statements of charges,
with her son's and my current hourly rate vs these two guys' hourly rate of $90/hour between them.

I need to add. NEITHER of these two hired "contractors" have yet procurred their own UG.

oh wait. did I mention, that the numero uno contractor overestimated the concrete for the pour by 6 yards? @ 93.55 /yard? WHICH, the
owner PAID FOR ON SITE!? what? a $600 mistake? the owner doesn't know much, she just writes the checks.

So today I pull into the work site.
I have called around and gotten a few quotes about some concrete materials etc for her (per her reuqest).
EJ and Mr Wine Maker pull into the driveway.
The lady Ramster quickly hides her folder under her shirt.

I tell the young lad to go into the meeting with these 2 shmucks alongside his mother. He is the best thing looking out after her.

An hour goes by.

He comes out.

"She is going with EJ out of loyalty. She would rather pay twice the price because she is loyal and does not want to make anyone mad at her."

Thus is the story of building UG's in Yelm

The son was very angry his mother was acutally choosing a team who charged twice what we both made together. This young man said: why pay someone else to do something when you can do it yourself?

The end.

This is how the mindset of how Ramsters work.
ex

Unread post by ex »

4"slab underground?.doesent this guy know that the floor has to hold the push of the dirt toward the wall?most of the wood ug colapsed because people dident take care of this problem.is this intended murder in the days to come?like squirls filling holes with food to dig it out later.only one or two corpses to remove.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

ex.

"4"slab underground?.doesent this guy know that the floor has to hold the push of the dirt toward the wall?"

This is true..

She needs ?professional? advice.
I made some enquiries this morning?
A 4? thickness mono slab with steel reinforcing is standard for a house basement.
6" to 8? or even 12" slabs with plenty of steel would be necessary for a buried structure.
But essentially?without properly engineered plans the structure is doomed.
What Tree is witnessing here is the results of fear, deception and greed.
The best thing to do is gently tell this woman to stop work, and consider filling in the hole.
It is called ethics and unbiased compassion.
She is only at the beginning of her woes.

David.
tree

Unread post by tree »

"A 4? thickness mono slab with steel reinforcing is standard for a house basement.

uh....they did not even use rebar...... :lol: :roll:
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Tree..

A 4" concrete slab for a UG will not stay intact without plenty of rebar.
It's unlikely she will want to talk to me, but you are welcome to pass on my Tel # .
I am not an expert... but I can call upon professional advice.

David
ex

Unread post by ex »

"A 4? thickness mono slab with steel reinforcing is standard for a house basement.
standart are also proper steelreinforced footings.3feet below groundlevel or 12 to 20feet below groundsurface make the difference.sorry my english is not good enough to explain this in the proper way.
tree

Unread post by tree »

If she cannot even be swayed with the numbers rip-off on paper and she was easily swooned by Mr. slick talker, the wine store guy,
she is DEFINITELY NOT going to listen to me. You know how easily swayed women are who don't know about building when a man is
around, especially if they are touting "I am a contractor." Not to mention the fact they are a Ramster exuding all the manipulative tactics
the channel does. It's just simply amazing to watch being on the outside.
ex

Unread post by ex »

you r definitly right.i dident asume you wanna interfier in that project.it is good buisness.this people will throw thousends of dollars toward this projects.and thousends will float towards rse.a fool and his money will soon depart.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

?she is DEFINITELY NOT going to listen to me.?

Oh common Tree..
When has that ever stopped you?
chuckle.
But seriously?If we approach these diffi-cult situations.. as viewing each other as human beings.. first and foremost,
rather than "Ramsters or Ex Ramsters'..The outcome will be far more positive.
We are navigating through heavy cult territory here, Big Waves.. Little boats...
It is not an easy path..But if we choose to turn around and reach out to those we leave behind... we are not alone here.
We do make a difference.. even when it seems that ?They? will not listen.
As Oldone so poignantly wrote..
It is very hard for me to blame them. We of all people should understand them, and see through their ignorance and arrogance ,if we don't who will.

I don?t think words spoken with compassion and understanding are ever wasted.

David
tree

Unread post by tree »

I hear what you are saying David.
And I agree with oldone.
But one cannot compete with their methods of thinking.
I reasoned with her, showed her the figures, was kind, gentle, told her I did not
want to take anyone's job away from them, pointed out why TWO entrances might be
better than one, one 4 vents might be better than two,
but there is no reasoning whatsoever without any critical thinking skills inact.
Hopefully, the few things I did gently say will make an impact down the line somewhere.
I am not saying Ramsers vs ex Ramsters.
But there IS a mode of thinking that occurs that we all once were a part of, understood, and
have moved on and can see BOTH modes from this side.
I only shared this story to illustrate this example.
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

True enough....... There is no logic involved -- all logic and critical thinking has gone out the window... The only acceptable statements are ones that agree with what they want to do and the whacky rhetoric that has been implanted in their minds by JZ.... Many, many times I have experienced the insanity in "arguments" with my mother... I put "arguments" in quotes because the argument always came out of left field... A simple discussion of ideas and / or opinion can turn into something you're left feeling "where the heck did THAT come from?".... I have shaken my head in disgust and bewilderment, and even cursed my mother under my breath as a result of my own frustration and feelings of powerless in trying to communicate with her on things as neutral as whether we should buy a lawn mower or not.... And as another ex-student has pointed out to me, most of what I say is regarded with suspicion and mistrust from the outset, simply because I am not "believer."..... only a "stupid villager" who refuses the help that has been offered me.....

As we say in a 12-step program I am fond of, you can't change people, places or things, only be there for them when they ask for help in trying to find their way out of the muck they're in.
tree

Unread post by tree »

my point EXACTLY Marie.
You could be having a discussion with a Ramster about the amount of lead in a pencil,
and they will come up with hair-pulling, maddening off-the-wall logic.
Heck, you could even include toothpaste in the discussion
and they would be inclined to include some wine benefits, some "well, Mozart WAS a mason of the 33rd degree"
argument, and you would still be left standing with the Crest or Tom's of Maine.
tree

Unread post by tree »

p.s.
I think this thread is entirely amusing.
Going from a real story, to an hilarious thread,
to Robert's (lack of) work ethics,
to engineering for a UG,
to the bizarre logic of RSE Ram-think
to toothpaste.

:lol:
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

"You could be having a discussion with a Ramster about the amount of lead in a pencil,
and they will come up with hair-pulling, maddening off-the-wall logic."

Bingo!

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”