the verbal, psychological, and physical abuse as well as, sleep deprivation, that I witnessed

The stories of people who have been in RSE, and the red flags that caused them to step back, ponder it all, and realize it's time to leave, are varied and diverse. Post your story here to help others.
RSEsurvivr

the verbal, psychological, and physical abuse as well as, sleep deprivation, that I witnessed

Unread post by RSEsurvivr »

First I'd like to say how relieved I am to have found a forum of ex-RSE students that relate to
the verbal, psychological, and physical abuse as well as, sleep deprivation, that I witnessed and
experienced while enrolled at RSE. . .

In light of the horrifying events that took place, the lack of community support is unacceptable
for people who call themselves enlightened. And, until now, I've been afraid to say anything about
it to anyone. . .Especially the RSE students.

I have posted, in a different forum here, the entirety of what happened to me by my ex and a student
who mimic the abusive behavior of this 'so-called' RAM/Entity, or as {He/She/or It} is so eloquently
referred to here as "Scamtha!" I am still shell-shocked from having my entire life 'intentionally'
destroyed by my ex, a so called Enlightened Being and her friend. When I reached out to other RSE students
for help I was told that I created what happened.

I was not enrolled during the time of Ramtha threatening Pavel and Marjorie but I heard about it and it's my
understanding there are many others.

During my attendance {2009 and then again in 2011} I witnessed mostly men being verbally abused publicly.
At one of the 'last minute' evening events, Ramtha was so drunk that one of the long term students,
sitting near the edge of the stage, said something about it. . .And Ramtha heard him.

At that point Ramtha asked the student, "do you have something to say" and began louring him up on
the stage, as if to give credence to the student's opinion. . .But it was anything but that.

Once the guy came up on the stage Ramtha gave him the microphone and went over and sat down
on the edge of the platform. Then Ram started taunting him saying stuff like, "go on tell the Masters
whats on you mind, look at the camera and tell them ass-hole" {the event was 'streaming' around the world}
The guy began to stammer as Ramtha continuously referred to him as 'ass-hole' and bashed him with insults.
That was in May of 2011. . .We all learned a valuable lesson that night and that is; If you feel Ramtha's behavior
is questionable. . .KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ABOUT IT!! And don't dare tell another student, lest they run and tell
JZ/Ram's Master Staff. . .

I attended RSE a few more times that year and every event, Ramtha was 'shit-faced'...
I remember one event that year the students were expecting a wine ceremony but it never happened
that night. However, Ramtha was two hours late because he had arranged to have dinner with
his 'top masters' and lingered at the main house after their dinner drinking wine.Three bottles were
consumed by him before coming to the arena, according to a reliable source.

Throughout that event there were a lot of music breaks during which Ramtha would go to the
side door and chug down more wine. This went on to the wee hours and since the students had not
been given permission to drink, they began going into the rest rooms during the breaks and chugging
down the wine that they had brought. The drinking went unnoticed, or they simply chose to ignore it,
and got completely out of control because Ramtha and his staff were fucked up.

I have an enormous issue with the so-called wine ceremonies due to my ex being a chronic alcoholic
and being told that she could manifest drinking 'normally' by attending RSE. However, after submitting to
sleep deprivation, drinking all night at the school, and witnessing Ramtha emotionally abusing students
during these events, she'd come home and be emotionally abusive towards me to the point where I would cry uncontrollably. . .Then she'd say that I manifested the abuse.

I will close here by saying;
It's taken me 2+1/2yrs to find you.
Thank You all for creating a forum for those of us who have been manipulated,
brain-washed, abused and deceived by the students of RSE and JZ/RAM...

May God Bless All Of Us!!
newshoes

Re: how relieved I am to have found a forum of ex-RSE studen

Unread post by newshoes »

Welcome, RSEsurvivr.

I recently found the site also, and I am reading here quite a bit, until I make myself stop so I can process some of the intense emotional responses that arise in me as I read. I feel it takes a lot of courage to face the truth of what I see now as the extraordinary deception that is jzkr and rse.

Again, welcome. I am glad you found your way here.

Newshoes
freemysoul

Unread post by freemysoul »

Welcome Survivr,
Thank you for your post. The experience I had at rse and my subsequent recovery from that nightmare, have altered my life substantially, and if it weren't for EMF and the people on this site who helped me through my darkest days and nights, I would still be suffering, with no end in sight to the paranoia and desperation I was living with. Each time someone like yourself, who finds EMF, and has a new awakening, like the one I experienced after finding EMF, I am filled with joy and excitement, knowing that you too can have the satisfaction of pulling back the curtain on JZ Knight, and reclaiming the life you wanted all along.
Again, thank you for sharing your story RSEsurvivr and I look forward to reading more.
Cheryl

Unread post by Cheryl »

Welcome! We are so glad you are here!
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Welcome!

Thanks everybody for sharing your life experiences passing through the JZK/RSE machine. I haven't been in RSE but I have friends that have been pulled in, and I see exactly the experiences and behaviors everybody is describing. Of course my Ramtha-hooked friends have tried to get me to buy in. I read the Love Yourself Into Life, Ramtha, some of the Intensive books, and read what is publicly available via RSE's web site. For whatever reason, the Ramtha story just doesn't grab me emotionally, but I want to try to be able to have a conversation with my friends on some sort of common ground. I believe because I read the books instead of being hypnotized via live RSE events, the inconsistency, psycho-babble and double talk in the RSE literature really shouts out to me. The white book, Ramtha, especially seems like a hack job and it shifts writing style like it was edited by several different people.

Silly me, any time I've tried to ask a constructive question about RSE philosophy, though I try to be positive and I really want to know, I get stonewalled by the copyright guff. Nobody but Judy Knight and her surrogates are qualified or can bypass the copyright to tell me even the most miniscule fact. I also really dislike the manifesting / creating mindset. I've found it impossible to have much of a didactic discussion because mere mention of just about anything is is an act of manifestation giving reality and viability to whatever it is. Gloom and doom is sure to result. Arrrgh!

One thing: I get the impression that people who watch RSE events over the web don't see the half of it. I think the drunken blather gets edited out and - just speculating - replaced by either musical interludes or pre-taped lessons billed as setup information for the alleged mystic teaching from the big guy about to follow. I take it that RSE reads EMF and realizes that the verbal abuse, drinking and drug abuse are big public relations problems.

Thank you very much to everybody who has shared RSE life stories. Your sharing is also a great help to those of us that have family or friends wrapped up with RSE.
Shocked

Unread post by Shocked »

Welcome RSEsurvivor, I am also new to this forum, and spend approx 12 yrs in the school, and left because financially I had nothing more to pay with. I was actually contemplating rejoining the school, this year and then I saw a article in a newspaper then found this forum, thank god!!! In the beginning it was not what you are describing, we were told not to drink!!
The teachings were wonderful, we were gods, the words coming forth were words of love and wisdom!!! I also had a ex who was in the school, this is where we me, who was a recovering a alcoholic heard the same thing and let me tell you it was living hell, once the wine ceremonies started, my ex never stopped drinking. The school left me with not even two pennies to rub together, and feeling like a failure because I could not manifest my wealth, and continue in the school. Once I left the school I was bound and determined I was going to straighten out what I had created for myself. I had no support from the so called community of masters, once I left school, the few masters I knew, just left out of my life.
I was looked down upon and once I was out of school, they couldn't even have a conversation about school with me because I was not current!! Very little support within the community, the support I received was only when they needed something from me. Everything I have been reading on this forum about the wine ceremonies, sounds like something I would not be interested in particpating in, I really don't want to attend a drunkfest, at the end of my time at the school the wine ceremonies were getting mundane then!!! Nothing new in the teachings!!! I am so glad you have found this forum, you will find alot of support here and alot of good discussion to help you through what you have experienced.
It is really unbelievable when you drop the beliefs of the teachings it allows you to really see what is going at the school. I continue to have alot of anxiety and anger over the school.
You really should take the time out and read the posts, it is amazing what others have gone through. And it is so nice that you can finally speak out, because I agree with you, you would never share with another master, because if I ever hear from somebody that I created it....they better watch out!!!
tree

Unread post by tree »

wtf?!

(first reactions)
"
Once the guy came up on the stage Ramtha gave him the microphone and went over and sat down
on the edge of the platform. Then Ram started taunting him saying stuff like, "go on tell the Masters
whats on you mind, look at the camera and tell them ass-hole" {the event was 'streaming' around the world}
The guy began to stammer as Ramtha continuously referred to him as 'ass-hole' and bashed him with insults.
That was in May of 2011."
argh!!
____
second reaction:
I applaud you in your bravery to come forward.
yes!
More people should.
Srsly!!
People need to start coming out in droves to tell more UNBELIEVABLE stories like these.
Thank you SOOO much for your post. :-)
Spud

Unread post by Spud »

Welcome so happy you have finally seen the light lol!!!!
Shocked

Unread post by Shocked »

I couldn't imagine being called names from my so called teacher!!! Not very enlightening!!!
Sunshine

Unread post by Sunshine »

A really warm welcome to you RSEsurvior! It brings me so much, ummmm... trying to find the right word here... it brings me such a special kind of peace to know another wonderful person has found their way out of the JZR nightmare and has made it safely here to EMF! Yes, you are a survivor! And I am so, so happy you are here to share your story with us, in doing so you help heal me in a way only someone like yourself can. Please continue to share here as it is why we are all here. I've found so much recovery in the telling and listening of our stories, so few people understand me the way all of you do and it has changed my life in such a profound and positive way.

Big hugs and again, WELCOME!
Sunshine
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

Welcome RSEsurvivor!!!!!!
Jingz

Unread post by Jingz »

Welcome rse survivor, shocked, new shoes,

You have found a soft place to land during this tumultuous time I'm sure in your lives. Everyone here is at different stages of recovery so as you continue reacquainting yourself with the world outside the cage that is rse, you will resonate with each persons point of view. All the most wonderful people find their way here as each of us have the one thing in common that out inner voices never stopped shouting at us to see the illusion.

They told you it's all about you, just do everything I tell you to, in whatever order, at whatever time I say, that is the path. Repeat what I say, listen to the lessons over and over until your mind is too captivated to realize I'm regurgitating other, wiser, more spiritual people than myself. Your job won't give you time to come see me? Quit! You won't need that lame job once I teach you to manifest gold coins in your hand at will! Your family thinks your bonkers? Leave them, this an alone journey, your children and partner don't care, you're really doing them a favor! Wow arent you sooo lucky to have found such a place? It all about you, you, you...I will teach you only if you can manifest the gold to come and see me, if not, screw you, asshole! But I love you greatly!

Yeah, it almost breaks my heart to think I'm missing out on giving someone my hard earned money to fill my mind with terror and put my life into complete chaos! Aaahhh, sanity is just so much simpler don't you think?
Shocked

Unread post by Shocked »

Jingz thank you for your warm welcome!! When I read your words it brings back everything I did to find enlightenment and you bet I bought it hook line and sinker!!! But lately I have to be honest, I have been struggling with my little monkey mind that wants to run right back into it!! Even though I have proof what I was taught did not work. I was faithful to the teachings. I know all of this is a process !!!
Cheryl

Unread post by Cheryl »

It sure is a process, shocked!

What I found helpful was to separate the 'teachings' and my 'experiences.' My experiences were mine, and personally, I couldn't wave them off as mere coincidences. Now they are mysteries, and I can explore them on my own if I want to.

The so called 'teachings' I then could look at with my all discerning steel eye. The more I found sources for them outside of R$E, the more I could conclude the JZ part was recycled with zero mind behind it. Google Emile Coue for an example of this.

And if JZ was stringing together the latest teachings from books and stuff she read (be sure to see the Glen Cunningham viseos here on EMF) then what she was doing was horrible in my opinion! Scaring people for 30 years! Ugh! Fear is the sure fire way to keep people in the wrong part of their brain! (google fear and fight/flight brain) The more you see this, the less of a pull the old 'school' will be on you. Then the journey is to see and dismantle the paradigms of thought that have infiltrated your thinking. To me, that takes time. But as time goes, I just keep getting happier and happier. I have heard this from others. There is a weight that is lifted off ones' shoulders.

There are so many emotions that arise in this process. Grief, anxiety, distrust, anger, sadness, and relief, joy, connection, appreciation, love and more. We welcome to to the process and please reach out for help along the way, everyone does, and it does get better!!!
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

Keeping people in fear, I think, has been the whole point.
Keep the greater good at heart.
Cheryl

Unread post by Cheryl »

Yes, and that makes me angry. It is wrong to do that!
Shocked

Unread post by Shocked »

Cheryl, yes I have seen the G Cunningham videos and because of my profession the fear/flight brain concept I am familiar with, you see....the proof is right in front of me. Even though there are times when I have felt I may want to go back, I know I won't, they are just emotions I am feeling. Even though I was never in great fear of the days to come or at least I didn't think I was, I am just more disappointed the stories I have read about the school, especially one on another website forum many many years ago. I don't want to mention the name of the person, but this individual flew in from another country far away to spend the tiime at a xmas event, only to have the door slammed on there face because the event was prepay only ( if I am not mistaken, no one could pay at the door) left his family at home to come and spend xmas event with ramtha and never got into the event!!! How disheartening, after reading that story, I will never step foot on those grounds again, it was very very sad to read that post!!!
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

Hope your journey gets stronger and easier.

When certainty is challenged, cult members tend to either ignore the evidence or at best fall into cognitive dissonance which can be painful and anxiety producing. The tendency is to fall back into the comfort of set belief patterns to avoid dissonance.

On the other hand, ex-members early in recovery may have "floating" experiences wherein thoughts like 'it wasn't so bad' or 'maybe they really did have the truth' come to mind especially when this BIG BAD WORLD out here with its non-answers stresses us out. The internal dissonance can be depressing during recovery.

I think the key is to find small secure steps that offer insight. I know my first "step" out of the cult in 1980 was, "This is only one group and not the ONLY true one among many in the Theosophy system and I have permission to keep exploring." 6 months later I broke from the cult. 2 years later I stood atop a stairway looking back at the entire basement [occult worlds] of the Theosophical mess and walked out of it. There was still a mountain of stuff ahead but the view was refreshing! And I could camp anywhere I wanted along the way.
Shocked

Unread post by Shocked »

Joe you sure are right when you stated "maybe they really did have the truth", you hit that right on the head. But I like your idea better " I can camp anywhere along the way."
Thanks for listening and having the understanding on exactly the way I was feeling!!
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

Shocked

If Truth is universal, then jzramtha may have expressed it somehow but so have thousands of other sources including science, Aristotle and Peanuts cartoons. The question is "How well and how relevant was the expression?" I know in my case, the more I educated myself over the years, the stupider and stupider Elizabeth Clare Prophet became in my estimation and by extension I feltr more and more like a "spiritual idiot" (which was the title of the first essay I wrote after leaving CUT: Confessions of a Spiritual Idiot in 1982. At some stage, perhaps a decade, the emotional charge evaporated from me regards my old cult and the guru and the pain it caused me upon defection.

Self-education to me is a healer by creating new and healthier neuropathways or neuronets that will override and dissipate the ramtha junk in your head in time.
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

Joe that was so well said!!
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

Thanks for your pearls of wisdom Joe..

Regarding that event described where Ramtha abused that guy on stage...too bad a video of that enligtened wisdom couldnt be leaked!

I wonder now with all the negative publicity of Ramthagate, if JZ has curtailed these abusive tirades. Fueled in the least by too much wine... Anybody know?

I did hear he was " taking a break" for few months... Not sure what that means...
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

could mean anything, 'taking a break for judyZrrrr' may be fixing a funky face lift, going to a secret celebrity sober house, reorganizing her wealth into off-shore accounts, hiding from the press or paraparazzi [sp], ..who knows.
Shocked

Unread post by Shocked »

Thank you to all of you for your pearls of wisdom!!! It truly is refreshing!!!
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

OOPS...i THOUGHT THE ABOVE POST MEANT jzr WAS "TAKING A BREAK"

btw, those newly in recovery, if you have not read it, get Take Back Yoru Life by Lalich and Tobias, 2 women who were in very different cults when younger for 10 years. Mady Tobias is a therapist and Janja Lalich is a professor in Sociology at U of Alif at Chico. Both are friends of mine and have assisted me in exit intervention cases long ago...
http://www.amazon.com/Take-Back-Your-Li ... 0972002154
Shocked

Unread post by Shocked »

Actually I have ordered it and just waiting for it, I did see the recommendations on the forum earlier. Thank You
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

Judith tsking a break from channeling Ramtha until... Aug? Or something like that... Somebody on EE had said they read it...maybe from the newsletter? Not sure....

I have a copy of the book you refered to Joe... And about to begin reading.
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

It would be nice for all of us if a break for JZ meant her going to jail lol.

Return to “Your RSE Experience & What Red Flags Woke You Up Toward Leaving?”