Sylvia Browne

Wonderful on the outside Treacherous on the inside....! Cults have millions of members around the world who also thought they were immune.
seriously

Sylvia Browne

Unread post by seriously »

I don't normally speak ill of the dead but Sylvia Browne was a horrible person. She was a self proclaimed psychic and according to her could communicate with the dead. She would prey on people's grief and naivete. Good riddance Sylvia. There are people that contribute to the world and society at large and there are parasites. You, just like JZ, are the latter.

Recent CNN piece on Sylvia Browne:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEstMYsSFqQ

The technique used by Sylvia Browne and other self proclaimed psychics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xswt8B8-UTM
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: Sylvia Browne

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Celebrity psychic Sylvia Browne died Nov. 20 at the age of 77.

Hi seriously,
Thank you for posting ... :idea:
In total agreement with your comments.
I have no qualms speaking Ill of the dead when it enlightens the living and exposes fraud and abuse.
Sylvia Browne was a spiritual predator of the lowest order... much the same as JZ Knight..
Wolves in sheep's clothing comes to mind....

David.
Wolves_Remove_Clothes-banner.jpg
Sylvia Browne: Dead Psychic's Legacy Riddled With Failed Predictions, Fraud

When celebrity psychic Sylvia Browne died Nov. 20 at the age of 77, it marked the end of a career of immense fame marked by inaccurate predictions -- including one she made about her own death.

In May 2003, Browne predicted to Larry King that she would die when she was 88. She was off by 11 years.

Browne rose to fame in part because of her frequent appearances on the Montel Williams Show between 1991 and 2008, where she would claim to speak to the dead and offer information about missing people.

One of her most infamous predictions came in 2004, when she told Louwana Miller, the mother of Amanda Berry, that her kidnapped daughter was dead.

“She’s not alive, honey,” Browne said at the time, according to NBC affiliate WKYC's report on the segment. “Your daughter’s not the kind who wouldn’t call.”

In May, it was discovered that Berry was still alive and had been held captive by Ariel Castro for nearly a decade. Miller died in 2006 and was not alive to hear the good news -- or the news that she was exploited by Browne.

Browne responded to media questions with a prepared statement that included this line: "Only God is right all the time."

Although Browne claimed to have a psychic success rate between 87-to-90 percent, a 2010 analysis of of 115 predictions she made on "The Montel Williams Show" by Skeptical Inquirer magazine put her success rate at zero.

In some cases, she charged a police department $400 for her services.

In 2002, Browne told the parents of missing 11-year-old Shawn Hornbeck on the Montel Williams Show that the child was dead and kidnapped by a dark-skinned man with dreadlocks.

Hornbeck was found alive in 2007 and his accused kidnapper, Michael Devlin, was Caucasian and short-haired. Hornbeck's stepfather, Craig Akers, told Anderson Cooper that Browne offered to do a more extensive psychic reading off-camera for $700. She denied the claim.

When she was asked about her inaccurate prediction, she responded with the same sentence, "Only God is right all the time."

Browne's behavior was criticized by many, including The Amazing Kreskin, a mentalist who has done hundreds of performance art shows similar to magic for more than 40 years.

Kreskin said he has helped the police with 84 crime cases, but acknowledges that he was only helpful one-third of the time.

"I can help potential witnesses uncover information they didn't realize they had," Kreskin told The Huffington Post in May.

He also said that any mentalist, psychic or medium who suggests someone is dead without physical evidence is on shaky ethical ground.

"It's the height of irresponsibility and it indirectly aids the criminal because the people who believe the psychic may have less of a reason to continue to search for the victim," he said.

Failed predictions weren't Browne's only legacy. In 1992, she and her then husband, Kenzil Dalzell Brown, were indicted on several charges of investment fraud and grand theft.

She eventually pleaded no contest to securities fraud and was indicted on grand larceny.

D.J. Grothe, of the James Randi Educational Foundation, an organization that works to stop paranormal and pseudoscientific frauds, has long criticized Browne's activities, but sent out condolences to her family.

"No one celebrates her death, but skeptics do criticize how she lived. Her dismal track record at predictions -- she confidently predicted she would die at 88, not 77, for instance -- would only be laughable if they did not hurt so many people," he said by email. "The number of people she hurt with her pretend supernatural abilities is nearly as high as the number of her failed predictions. It is sad that it took death to stop Sylvia Browne."

Psychic Craig Weiler said Browne's memory in his community will have mixed reviews.

"Some of the people in the intellectual community who lean toward the psychic side of things did not think much of her," he told HuffPost. "But in order for a psychic to rise to the level of fame she did, they have to be good. In the beginning, she had to be good enough to distinguish herself from the others.

"That said, people are complicated. Skeptics aren't all evil and she's not all good."

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story incorrectly quoted Craig Weiler as saying "Some of the people in the psychic community who lean toward the intellectual side of things did not think much of her."
Link:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/2 ... 17470.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

That's an interesting choice of phrase... essentially the same phase Geoege Noory used when reading a brief Browne obituary, which Noory then followed up with noting that Sylvia Browne had been removed from the list of persons whom he invited to be on his radio program. It has been a while since JZ Knight has been given an Interview berth on Coast to Coast. I believe Joe Diapenza has been on Coast to Coast more recently than Ms. Knight - Joe spouting rather RSE-like new age stuff (cue the RSE lawers?...) if I think Dispenza used to be an RSE friend (he has face time in What the (blewp!)), but there was a rift rhat developed.
Robair

Unread post by Robair »

Hello Everyone

I have lost all respect for Joe. In my opinion he knows very well that there is not such an entity Called Ramtha and like most to chicken to come out, he prefer let people get hurt instead to do the right thing. Real men don't do that
Robair
I Value Things Not For What They Worth But For What They Represent
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

friends of my wife that I know recently hired a "medium" to come to a home and communicate with their dead mothers for them. My wife tends to see no harm if that is what they want to do, but I see insult and blasphemy to the legacy of the dead.

If my dead grandmothers and grandfathers wanted to talk to me, it would have to be in Hungarian and it would have to be directly of their own free will, not through some greasy medium like Silva Browne. So far, they have been silent, and that is as it should be. I do not want to be hospitalized for hearing voices :lol:

May they and Sylvia rest in peace :-)
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Hi Robair,

Are you responding to something Joe posted in another thread?

David
David McCarthy
Site Admin

May they and Sylvia rest in peace :-)
Hi Joe,
If there is a heaven and hell afterlife...I hope the likes of Silvia Brown and JZ Fright are not let off that lightly...
May they pay full measure for their dastardly deeds....
Perhaps I will be more forgiving in time.

David
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

Thank you for posts! Seriously, much agreed!
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

I think we're talking about two different people named Joe. I'm pretty sure Robair and I were talking about, "defrocked," RSE staff teacher Joe Dispenza. Dispenza went on post-RSE to author books with rather RSE-like philosophy, but carefully avoiding Ms. knight's trade marked words for otherwise common New Age ideology. I guess Dispenza knows how to tread on the RSE legal mine field (so far).

According to one of the archival articles, http://pub43.bravenet.com/forum/static/ ... 0&cmd=show , the excommunication of Dispenza from RSE was over Dispenza refusing to sign the gag order. Yay Joe!

Judy Knight always wanting to be the center of attention must be experiencing some, "torsion," (as in torqued off) the Joe Dispenza has landed a gig on AM Coast to Coast more recently than Judy Knight.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

I'm pretty sure Robair and I were talking about, "defrocked," RSE staff teacher Joe Dispenza.
Yes of course..now I understand...Thanks Ockham..

If anyone has information on those kicked out of RSE for refusing to sign the RSE COP's
PM or email me at: enlightenmefree@gmail.com

David
Robair

Unread post by Robair »

Hello Everyone

Yes I was talking about Dr Joe Dispenza.

Sorry Joe S.Z. for the confusion.
Robair
I Value Things Not For What They Worth But For What They Represent
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Message from James Randi on Sylvia Browne's Death
When Sylvia Browne died, Montel Williams offered this sappy eulogy:

"A beacon that shined [sic] for so many was extinguished today, but its brightness was relit and will now shine forever for many of us from above."

To explain to this apparently dense man where his judgment has reverted to the level of a 5-year-old, I’ll point out that Browne was not at all funny "ho-ho" but frightening – to anyone with any compassion. She fed eagerly on the insecurities, the grief, the need and desperation, of her victims. They turned to her for help, at great cost -- $850 for a 20-minute telephone chat as she squatted before the TV camera like a taloned Jabba the Hutt confronting Luke Skywalker – played by Montel – and graveled out anything-but-funny, unfounded, useless, and damaging pap that added to their confusion and pain – but which made Montel and his sponsors ecstatic, because they could hear those cash register sounds as their products slid off store shelves.

And she let 10+ years go by yet never tried for the JREF million-dollar prize, as she’d agreed to do when we both appeared together on Larry King Live so many years ago…

I agree with JREF President D.J. Grothe that we do not celebrate her death, even as we criticize the way she lived. But I’ll be quite frank with you, I cannot mourn at Browne’s passing — she really hurt far too many people, and always so unapologetically.

It's unfortunate that she only stopped hurting so many people by dying.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/com ... enter.html
seriously

Unread post by seriously »

James Randi is great. If you're not familiar with him, go to YouTube. He would have a field day scientifically debunking Ramtha and every magical claim made by R$E.

Return to “Destructive Manipulative Sects/Cults/Corperations, Cult Leaders Other Than RSE/JZ Knight”