Send a local sheriff a dollar...

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
FreeNow

Send a local sheriff a dollar...

Unread post by FreeNow »

I was listening to an interview with Jan Irving on Gnostic Media and something was said that stuck in my mind. "Send a local sheriff a dollar and he is on contract to protect you." It made me think of all the contributions JZK has made. Are they now on contract to protect her? If I recall correctly they were talking about common law.
Keep the greater good at heart.
Ockham

Re: Send a local sheriff a dollar...

Unread post by Ockham »

Please note that I am not a lawyer. I believe sending a sheriff one dollar unsolicited is not sufficient constitute a contract. I believe under Washington and Federal law, that a contract is a mutual agreement entered into by two or more parties. Unsolicited sending of money to the sheriff would imply no contractual obligation, and in fact might be construed to be a bribery attempt.

That is not to say that Knight and/or RSE do not attempt to curry favor from Thurston County officials nor that those officials are beyond reproach.

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract
FreeNow

Re: Send a local sheriff a dollar...

Unread post by FreeNow »

Thank you Ockham.
Keep the greater good at heart.

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”