How can we attack Jz Knight and ignore biblical cult activity.

A place for EMF members to contact the moderators, post their questions, suggestions and concerns regarding the management and moderating of EMF.
This forum is open for discussion and exchange of views.
forever

How can we attack Jz Knight and ignore biblical cult activity.

Unread post by forever »

I posted this once but for some reason it didn't post.

How can we attack someone like Jz Knight as a fraud and greedy power hungry sociopath (true) and ignore biblical cult activity. Also the result of channeled information. On channeled information an army marched upon nations murdering and subduing.

The entire concept of "God" is based on channeled information. NO different than someone like JZ Knight coming forward saying something appeared to them and told him to tell the people. "Thus sayeth the lord".

I am the lord thy God.
Thou shall have no other God
Thou shall not steal.

etc.

How can we attack pseudoscience and dismiss anything that cannot be proven scientifically and ignore that the entire concept of God and ALL religion is based not only on channeled information but is just as scientifically unproven?

Entire cultures, customs and laws were created based on someone saying an entity appeared to them? Tabernacles were built and all were required to purchase their sacrifice for atonement. Today we call that....a dictatorship. Corporation?

Joe posted destructive cult activity that doesn't hold a candle to the murders and abuse in bible-based on channeled information from someone claiming to be in contact with an invisible being.

Hypocritical?
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: Is it not appropriate to combine the 3 separate post thr

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Joe posted destructive cult activity that doesn't hold a candle to the murders and abuse in bible-based on channeled information from someone claiming to be in contact with an invisible being.
Hypocritical?

- Moderator Comments -
Hi forever, everyone...
Here is the Thread topic forever is referring to.
(EMF) Online Forum • View topic - Cult attraction: Aum Shinrikyo’s power of persuasion
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2581

forever,,
Do you believe its hypocritical for anyone to post an article based on a destructive cult other than RSE because they hold
a strong religious faith?
If so...I disagree with that opinion, however... you are welcome to respectfully post your views to Joe or others on EMF.
What you posted was a string of religious faith questions and challenges that are difficult to interpret and answer,
and certainly may have left a reader second guessing what your main point was.
Who was it in the bible that put their son on an alter-to sacrifice at the alleged instruction of "God"?
What's the origin of circumcision again?
What of all those bloody battles in old testament ordered by "God"?

Is Joe or our EMF readers to 'read' into your questions that because Joe is a Catholic
and the Catholic faith ( in your opinion) is worse than the Aum Shinrikyo’s cult he is a hypocrite for posting this article?
If so where does EMF draw the line?
Do we now criticize all EMF members that follow the Christian faith as hypocrites?

is this really your point?

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
forever

Unread post by forever »

Oh No-misunderstanding. I couldn't care less what religion anyone subscribes to. It's their business-not mine.
That wasn't aimed at Joe specifically. It's in reference to the basis of EMF -of which i am a part-being unaware that we attack and criticize as fraudulent-we actually practice and believe in. Including me.

It did not occur to me until i read Joe's post-it jumped out at me that what we call destructive cult activity is found in the bible as well...even worse.

That we mock and scoff, roll our eyes at "channels" as scams and fraud...and yet the entire concept of God from which ALL religion stems is also based on "channeled" information. And what's in bible that is considered "holy" or alright, normal is in modern terms called Guru and destructive cult. Or in some cases fantasy amongst other things.

That "God" is founded on someone coming forward to say something appeared to them and told them to teach and lead people. That it's ALL channeled information.

That was NOT aimed at Joe specifically.
forever

Unread post by forever »

David,

I emailed you on this subject presenting these thoughts clearly with no room for misunderstanding. With no thought of Joe at ALL in what i said.

How it could be misconstrued....?

Nor is it a question of "faith". Is or isn't ancient and current religion based on channeled information? On the same thing JZ is founded upon-doing?
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Hi forever,
It's in reference to the basis of EMF -of which i am a part-being unaware that we attack and criticize as fraudulent-we actually practice and believe in. Including me
I do not accept the > we < in your opinion of yourself.
What is it that you believe I am practicing that is fraudulent in what I believe and behave...?
Do you believe I am a hypocrite?
Lets have a deeper look at this.... :idea:
I emailed you on this subject presenting these thoughts clearly with no room for misunderstanding. With no thought of Joe at ALL in what i said. How it could be misconstrued....?
Just read your email (thank you) and replied.
Your post was rife with the potential of misconstrues regardless if I had read your email in time.
This is exactly why I posted a response as a moderator.
Sometimes I have a life outside of EMF that also demands my attention... :-? sending me a PM would have reached me all the sooner :idea:
Even so....I am here posting while wearing my EMF moderator hat for all EMF members.

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Lost in Space

Unread post by Lost in Space »

Dear Forever:

I think Joe makes some valid points. I guess I can't judge between spirituality, religion and cults, except in terms of results, or impact on the believer or practitioner's life. RSE could be described as a doomsday cult, for example, but so could some Christian denominations, insisting that the end is nigh, we must all prepare for Armageddon, and so on. However, many Christian churches do not hold this prospect over the heads of believers or spend a great deal of time on matters so mundane as survival in the flesh, preferring to focus on spiritual eternity and the afterlife.
About channeling. If you read the Christian Bible, nobody speaks FOR God, although prophets are said to transmit messages FROM God, but God is always viewed as a separate, external entity. Nevertheless, some faiths resemble RSE in that they teach that "we are all aspects of the divine light, God is within, or there is a little God in all of us.
Many Churches require donations up to 10 percent of the adherent's income. In contrast, and I say this considering the impact on my friends who belong or did belong to RSE, at RSE all spare money is spent on events, life savings are spent on UGs and supplies to stock them, work for pay is considered a sign that the person is failing in their "Godliness" because they did not manifest money out of thin air and are not "sovereign" if they work for somebody else's nickle.
Some Churches have strict rules for behaviour for their followers. Nevertheless, people are encouraged mostly in being loving, families lives are supported, togetherness is preached, forgiveness, compassion* (*seemingly a dirty word at RSE)...
If you are a faithful member of most Churches, Mosques or Synagogues you likely live at peace with your neighbours and always try to be decent, unselfish, and obey the laws of the land in which you live. These things are not, strictly speaking, necessarily encouraged at RSE. Just saying....
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Very, very well stated Lost In Space. Thanks.

My theological experience is limited, however I can think of an obvious contrast. Many forms of Christianity profess that eternal salvation is obtainable through absolute faith in Christ. On the other hand, you never get to eternal peace in RSE; it is continuous payment of tribute money to Judy Knight and her company, and maybe the next event might get you closer.

I don't intend to promote Christianity as a superior choice, just that there is a pretty clear difference from RSE by my reckoning in this one aspect.

Right on Lost In Space about the UGs. This is a major flaw in RSE. JZR teachings ought to reaval a pathway to transcendency, but at the same time there is a huge emphasis on preservation of the earthly flesh.

Return to “All Things EMF - Researching the Ramtha Cult? Use our EMF Search Engine”