Lawsuit between the Freedom Foundation and JZK, Inc. has been dismissed

Please support the RSE whistleblowers and citizen journalism and voice your concerns here. Act collectively and hold JZ Knight and the Thurston County public officials accountable for fraud and human rights abuse at RSE. This is about accountability and pursuing justice.
Qui tacet consentire
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Lawsuit between the Freedom Foundation and JZK, Inc. has been dismissed

Unread post by David McCarthy »

"The lawsuit between the Freedom Foundation and JZK, Inc. has been dismissed."
Today I learned that JZ Knight, JZK,Inc, RSE,Inc has dropped the copyright lawsuit against the Glen Morgan and Freedom Foundation.
I will post the legal details and 'ramifications' of this very important development ASAP

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: Lawsuit between the Freedom Foundation and JZK, Inc. has been dismissed

JZ Knight has effectively won this lawsuit against the Freedom Foundation without having to step inside the courtroom.
The bottom line... the FF folded and walked away with no cost awards.
Glen Morgan was fired by the Freedom Foundation.
The JZK vs FF settlement agreement was taken out of his hands.
There is nothing to prevent JZK from suing the next person who tries to make those videos public again.
These are the painful facts..
I sincerely thank Glen for all his efforts trying to expose Knight and her cult cronies.
Those video clips exposing JZK, Inc, JZ Knight, RSE,Inc, will not see the light of day anytime soon.
As for details?
I will post ASAP.

David
David McCarthy
Site Admin

- My Thoughts -
Posted with kind permission of Glen Morgan

Thank you Glen :idea:

David

-------Original Message-------
Date: 05/13/15 12:03:58
To: enlightenmefree
Subject: My thoughts

David,

I know there were many watching my Federal case where JZ Knight sued me last year for the unspeakable crime of submitting the videos of her racist monologues to the Thurston County Commissioners as a public record.

As you know, most of the initial part of her federal case against me was dropped mostly because the lawsuit was illegal and just botched from the beginning, so shortly after the initial hearing, the only thing left on the docket was her claim of copyright infringement.

This was an impossible case for her to win, regardless of the copyrights she claims to have held because my actions of giving these videos to the Thurston County Commissioners was a perfect case of fair use. It complied with almost every element of a fair use test, and I would have only needed to comply with one of the test standards.

JZ Knight and her crew knew she was going to lose this case eventually.

What I think surprised her/it/them was the fact that we challenged the very copyright claims she supposedly had to the videos in the first place, and it also appeared that she was going to lose that element of the case as well.

I expected her to appeal the loss to the 9th Circuit, where she would have lost again, and it seems unlikely the Supreme Court would have heard the case therefore upholding the 9th Circuit decision.

Of course, from the beginning, this wasn't about copyrights, but it was all about hiding the truth about the racist, anti-Jew, anti-Catholic statements that JZ Knight makes, her pretension that she doesn't say these things when pretending to channel Ramtha, and the fact that she was the largest political donor to the Thurston County Democratic Party ever.

Keep in mind, I have always defended her right to make any racist, insane, crazy statements she wants. All con artists get the same 1st amendment protections, and I have repeatedly said this.

However, despite the certain legal victory, the Freedom Foundation doesn't place a high priority in beating a crazy, racist hate cult leader in court. Obviously, the Freedom Foundation was a defendant, as was I in this case, but they had spent about $115,000 in legal fees with the expectation that they would spend another $150,000+/- before the victory. After a year of back and forth silliness in the lawsuit, the Freedom Foundation (whose attorneys were still representing me) were going to get serious about pushing this case hard.

Once it became clear to JZ Knight that she and her crew were going to lose this case (she was going to be deposed, and JZ Knight had invited all the attendees of the filmed event to be deposed as well) and that the Freedom Foundation promised if they had to go all the way, there was going to be a dedicated effort at worldwide video distribution of these videos, she bailed out on the case.

The Freedom Foundation wanted to spend their resources on more relevant lawsuits and was willing to walk away from this idiotic case, denying that they did anything wrong, and retaining the videos for future use if necessary.

I would have preferred to go all the way with the lawsuit. JZ was going to lose. It would probably have drug out for a few years, but that would only have postponed the inevitable. I don't think backing down to a bully is a good idea, but the Freedom Foundation was footing the legal bill, and they had also fired me late December of last year, and no longer work on property rights issues or much of anything else except fundraising and a very narrow focus on public sector union issues.

From the outside it looks like JZ Knight won, and I'm sure she feels that way. The Freedom Foundation probably feels they can now spend this money on other litigation efforts, and doesn't really care how weak or impotent it makes them look right now. I don't work there anymore, so my views don't matter either.

I don't like to see corruption in government and I hate to see corrupt bullies like this get away with anything, but I don't have much say anyway. I did my part to expose the truth, and I paid the price to do so. I'm more disappointed to see the Freedom Foundation, which had great potential, slip away into such a limited role, but all organizations go through cycles (I lost the debate over direction obviously) , and it was probably unrealistic for me to believe that they would grow into a more dynamic entity. Maybe something will change in the future, but other organizations tend to fill the vacuum.

For now, I would just encourage everyone to keep helping your friends and family who may be suffering in the thrall of Ramtha. Remember that truth, good humor, and relentless effort will produce great results. I have a lot of other battles to keep fighting myself, and it looks like I will need to do so without the Freedom Foundation helping anymore.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support over the last year or three. You were a great help, and made it feel less lonely fighting the good fight. I would have preferred to take it all the way to the end. I am sorry that did not happen.

Best regards,

Glen
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

Thanks to Glen for his noble effort.
JZ knows there is blood in the water and she is still bleeding from her stupid drunken rants.
The Cynics of Diogenes will not stop barking
cynic means 'doglike'
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/enc ... genes.html
David McCarthy
Site Admin

I have yet to see the JZK vs EE settlement agreement.
It’s a key document in this whole shameful and horrid episode.
It’s really important to know if ANY backroom secret deals were made.
It’s odd that JZK is staying silent.
its been three weeks since the FF and JZK finalized the deal :-(

David
Related: OCR scan taken from the PDF Doc STIPULATION FOR AND ORDER OF DISMISSAL.
THE HONORABLE BENJAMIN H. SETTLE
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
WESTERN DISTRICT OF.WASHINGTON
AT TACOMA
NO. 14-CV-05410 BHS
Case 3:14-cv-05410-BHS Document 96 Filed 04/24/15 Page 1 of 2 Case 3:14-cv-05410-BHS Document 95 Filed 04/23/15 Page 1 of 2

JZK, INC., el al,
v. Plaintiffs, GLENN MORGAN, etai,
Defendants.
Plaintiffs and Defendants hereby agree and stipulate that this matter has resolved by agreement of the parties and that all claims may be dismissed with prejudice and without an award of attorneys' fees or costs to either party.
&
Dated this day of April, 2015.
GORDON THOMAS HONEYWELL LLP ALLIED LAW GROUP
By
By s/Andrea H. McNeelv
Andrea H. McNeely, WSBA No. 36156 Attorneys for Plaintiffs
Michele Bert-Htiobard, WSBA No. 26454 Attorneys for Defendants

FREEDOM FOUNDATION

By_
David Dewhirst, WSBA No. 39123 Co-Counsel for Freedom Foundation
STIPULATION FOR AND ORDER OF DISMISSAL-1 of 2
(14-CV-O5410 BHS) [4347-1077-0979]
LAW OFFICES
GORDON THOMAS HONEYWELL LLP
1201 PACIFIC AVENUE, SUITE 2100
TACOMA, WASHINGTON 98402
(253)620-6500 - FACSIMILE (253)620-6565
Case 3:14-cv-05410-BHS Document 96 Filed 04/24/15 Page 2 of 2 Case 3:14-cv-05410-BHS Document 95 Filed 04/23/15 Page 2 of 2
ORDER
This matter having come before the Court based on the Stipulation set forth above, the Court having reviewed the records and files herein and being fully advised in the premises, it is hereby
ORDERED that all claims be dismissed with prejudice and without an award of attorneys' fees or costs to either party.
THE HONORABAL C BENJAMIN H. SETTLE
DATED this day of April, 2015.
APPROVED FOR ENTRY:
ALLIED LAW GROUP
By
M1chel«EarPFfi7bbard, WSBA No. 26454 Attorneys for Defendants
FREEDOM FOUNDATION
By s/Andrea H. McNeelv________
By.
David Dewhirst, No. 39123 Co-Counsel for Freedom Foundation
Andrea H. McNeelv, WSBA No. 36156 Attorneys for Plaintiffs
STIPULATION TOR AND ORDER OF DISMISSAL - 2 of 2 (14-CV-05410 BHS)
(4847-1577-0979)
LAW OFFICES
1201 PACIFIC AVENUE, SUITE 2100
TACOMA, WASHINGTON 98402
[253} 620-6500 - FACSIMILE (253) 620-6565
David McCarthy
Site Admin

NOTHING at all on the FF website.
http://www.myfreedomfoundation.com/in-the-news
We are trying to track down a copy of their settlement agreement with JZK.
It’s also very disconcerting the Freedom Foundation remains silent regarding their settlement agreement with a cult leader....
this all smacks of a secrecy agreement with JZ Knight :-?
Whoever at the Freedom Foundation that made the call to fire Glen Morgan and to bail on this lawsuit their motivations should be held under deep scrutiny.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

This gets worse by the minute....
According to Steve Klein
“In April, the Freedom Foundation approached the company, owned by JZ Knight, about a settlement, and the company agreed, according to David Dewhirst of the Freedom Foundation.
And still no clear answer if this Freedom Foundation - JZK settlement agreement was confidential or not?

David.

Yelm Community Blog | Hosted by Steve Klein
http://yelmcommunity.org/page/2/
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Glen Morgan was fired by the Freedom Foundation - December 2014.
A complete news blackout! Why?
David Dewhirst of The Freedom Foundation settles with JZ Knight with no cost awards - April 2015
Another mainstream news blackout!
Both parties walk away. Nothing to see here, move along folks.
Anyone smell something distinctly off here?
What the hell is going on here?
Glen Morgan.
"This was an impossible case for her to win, regardless of the copyrights she claims to have held because my actions of giving these videos to the Thurston County Commissioners was a perfect case of fair use. It complied with almost every element of a fair use test, and I would have only needed to comply with one of the test standards."
Glen Morgan- Of course, from the beginning, this wasn't about copyrights, but it was all about hiding the truth about the racist, anti-Jew, anti-Catholic statements that JZ Knight makes, her pretension that she doesn't say these things when pretending to channel Ramtha, and the fact that she was the largest political donor to the Thurston County Democratic Party ever
There is nothing to prevent Knight from suing the next person who tries to make those video segments public again.
JZ Knight is not just some kooky small town racist cult leader. This result involves a massive cover-up of lies and corruption implicating powerful politicians and officials in Thurston County.
A win in court would release those videos for public scrutiny and sink Knights R$E cult gravy boat, the undertow would pull down many powerful figures in Thurston County. A win based on a Fair-Use law protections would set A New Legal Precedent and protections for whistleblowers and citizen journalist to successfully expose corruption within powerful corporations.
This threatens the 'status quo power' of multi-BILLION dollar corporate empires.
Cant have the folks messing with that can we? Follow the money....
This was also about warning others and helping our communities take on corruption and hopefully clean it out.
Now the message is clear 'thanks to the Freedom Foundation"
Don't take on corruption or you will be sued, your families threatened, your lived and resources driven into the ground.
you cannot win...The fallout from this will be horrific and rear its corporate cult head soon enough.
Until Justice is only for those with money and power nothing will change.
The Freedom Foundation has betrayed everything they stood for and many trusted them to protect.
I've seen lives destroyed by JZ Knights RSE cult year after year, she believes she is above the law and tells her followers she will bring down those that oppose her, even the politicians! and she is correct.
What will bring her down eventually is her own madness, leaving shame on all those that did not stand their ground against a vicious and powerful cult.
A former editor of the Nisqually Valley News in Yelm once told me he edited my interview to avoid a possible lawsuit from JZK. Now we have come to this. Making a stand is of no use if no authority is prepared to take action to help defend us against the wealthy tyrants in our countries that are allowed to Abuse, Lie and Steal from us all..
and there is seemingly nothing that any of us can do about it. (SEEMINGLY) :idea:

David
Nothing To See Here.jpg
Related:
How Settlement Culture is Hurting Us All >
http://www.lifeofthelaw.org/2013/09/how ... ng-us-all/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Hi David,

It sounds like between what you and Glen said, that you pretty much nailed it. I don't think locking horns with Knight or JZK Inc. would have helped the Foundation much in the over-all advancement of its libertarian political agenda. I think all the parties involved know that the Founation would have won the case, but economics trumped being right, as it so often does. In the eyes of the Foundation, it would be on the same ground politically as today, but about $150,000 less wealthy if it continued the case.

It is a shame that the matter is not settled because Knight and JZK can sue the cap out of the next unfortunate person to get in the way of the RSE steamroller. The only good that came out of this is that at lest some RSE funds did get depleted without returning full value. As much as RSE likes to rub everybody'a nose in the aftermath of its legal embroilments, I think we must assume that Judy and Co. had to swallow a pretty bitter pill in this matter. It must be killing Judy to have to keep her hate speech filled mouth shut.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Hi Ockham,
Someone tried to argue with me the FF were short of funds somehow...REALLY?
I asked them why didn't they just say so and put out a fundraiser?
Winning this lawsuit would have paid back ALL their legal costs
So JZ Knight won this lawsuit because she had wealthier backers than the Freedom Foundation? REALLY?
Why all the secrecy with sacking Glen and making a deal with JZ Knight?
What kind of message does this send out not only to the public but the employees at the FF?
Glen was fired for doing his job all too well, he and his family have paid a heavy price.
Sign here... or else..........
Backroom deals by men/women in suits who care NOTHING for Justice.
its power, politics and profits over human rights and freedom of speech :sad:
My question stands...
Who pulled the strings to give a vicious cult leader a 'Get Out of Jail Free card?
this goes outside the FF players.
A profound apology is in order from the FF to Glen Morgan and his family and firing of David Dewhurst and top executives at the FF.
No more handling and secret deals...
This is what happens when the pigs take over the farm :sad:
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Here's a stark reminder of the sort of person the Freedom Foundation sacrificed Glen Morgan for
in order to make a deal with JZ Knight. :sad:
JZ Knight - Ramtha's School of Enlightenment - Thurston County.
“I’m telling you this, every goddamn Mexican family is a Catholic—they’re breeding like fucking rabbits”.
“All gay men were once Catholic women”.
“Fuck God’s chosen people! I think they have earned enough cash to have paid their way out of the goddamned gas chambers by now.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

I believe the Foundation simply doesn't care about Knight and RSE when they are not on the Foundation'a political RADAR screen. I feel Glen Morgan was thrown under the bus to cut costs and to save a little time.

I had the displeasure of seeing Judy Knight speak in the now banned videos. It had been a while since I had seen anything that immature, unenlightened and disgusting. Ms. Knight and RSE Inc. whine that the vile presentation was taken out of context: I challenge Knight and RSE to display some backbone and demonstrate publicly just what the hell redeeming context Knight'a vile display was in. I am certain an explanation ought to be able to be forthcoming without sacrificing any opportunity for RSE to generate revenue from Ramtha. We have gotten no substantive explanation from Knight and RSE, so I think we may conclude the answer is that the video is the self contained context and Ms. Knight is simply nothing more than the biggot she appears to be in the video.

I feel very sorry for anybody who thinks it is a good monetary investment and enlightenment to pay to hear an apparently drunken bigoted old woman disparage Catholics, Mexicans, guys, farmers and others. Very sad, indeed.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Ockham-
I had the displeasure of seeing Judy Knight speak in the now banned videos. It had been a while since I had seen anything that immature, unenlightened and disgusting."
Truly Ockham,
Anyone (other than a sociopath :-? ) that viewed those videos would be truly horrified and aghast!
perhaps equally dumbstruck this behavior took place at a so called 'spiritual school' and protected under ‘free speech’
then to add 'injury to insult' sue the hell out of anyone that dared expose JZ Knight and her 'school' for what it really teaches and represents.
Glen Morgan -
"Keep in mind, I have always defended her right to make any racist, insane, crazy statements she wants. All con artists get the same 1st amendment protections, and I have repeatedly said this"
This is very true Glen, but please... let’s take a closer look.
When JZ Knight unleashed her ““Fuck God’s chosen people” drunk/drugged homophobic, anti-Catholic, anti-Semitic racist violent hate speech during an official corporation event where its paying customers snickered. :sad:
This was not at some private party where a secret camera recorded those videos.
This all took place during a for-profit event held by RSE,Inc a division of JZK, Inc - JZ Knight head CEO.
JZ Knight does no even own the copyright to those videos!! how could she? they contain the copyrighted property of others music she used without permission :roll:
I digress....
My point being?.. The US First Amendment right to free speech was created to protect its citizen’s from powerful tyrants who think nothing of destroying free speech by launching vicious attacks (lawsuits) in order to gag that free speech. Now we have reached the point where a US corporation has more power and rights than its citizens by claiming those very same constitutional laws established by your Founding Fathers in your 'US Bill of Rights' supposedly enshrined to protect its citizens from harm and slavery.
George Washington and Thomas Jefferson must be turning in their graves.
Meanwhile its business as usual back at the JZ Knight animal farm :-(
But the slaves are restless!

David.
“I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies”
― Thomas Jefferson
Related:

The Corporate “Free Speech” Racket by Haley Sweetland Edwards | The Washington Monthly
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazi ... p?page=all

Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_ ... man_Rights
slavery2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

Sounds like Glenn got royally burned by the freedom foundation... Maybe a new leader...lots ego...don't know but I bet Glen has a potential case himself against Ff if he could be bothered

Well that's that. Now the question is who the extremely spiritually advanced( not )walking lawsuit is going to sue next. I am so ashamed I went to that school
David McCarthy
Site Admin

I am so ashamed I went to that school
Hi Cedar,

I'm sure many employees at the Freedom Foundation are ashamed and worried also.
Privately they must whisper....If one of our own can be picked off that easily for doing his job..what the F....!!!
who at the top is really pulling the strings and for who? :-?
As I wrote on a private Facebook page today...
There is a blanket of secrecy going on regarding this settlement agreement with JZK, WHY?
The firing of Glen by the FF in Dec was a disgrace...Silence all round.
Dec 2014 I was asked not to speak of this (keep silent) for concerns it would give JZK ammunition in this lawsuit.
Now look at the result > The FF beds with JZK ..SILENCE all round.
Where is the outrage? where is transparency? Where is protecting your own? Where is investigative journalism?
The fact remains...this settlement agreement was a betrayal and there remains a deafening silence.
The very same silence I 'heard' and ignored while enthralled in JZ Knights cult.
Anyone care to know what creates this form of silence and who perpetrates it?
Let’s take a look at that settlement agreement...and QUESTION those that participated.
I have been promised a copy.. we will see.
those that keep this form silence do not have my trust. :sad:

David
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
- Thomas Jefferson.
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

Something just doesn't seem right... Nobody wants to talk about it not even jz gloating as usual. If nobody wants to talk about the settlement details people are going to wonder why. I
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Cedar - Something just doesn't seem right... Nobody wants to talk about it not even jz gloating as usual. If nobody wants to talk about the settlement details people are going to wonder why.
"the devil is in the details"
JZ Knight has WON this lawsuit against the Freedom Foundation without having to step inside the courtroom.
The bottom line... the FF folded and walked away with no cost awards and agreed to be gagged.
Glen Morgan was fired by the Freedom Foundation.
Another massive cover-up has taken place to protect JZ Knight
Who are the puppeteers in all this? Here's a clue :idea:
The guy that fired Glen Morgan was Tom McCabe - Chief Executive Officer of the Freedom Foundation.
Tom McCabe Chief Executive Officer of the Freedom Foundation JZ Knight .jpg
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Well, there are a few bright patches inside the gray cloud. Apparently, Knight and RSE have been gagged in the settlement too; it must really kill them to have to keep their yaps shut when they would normally be touting the stalemate on PR Newswire as if it were a major win by Ramtha and friends. Second, it leaves the door open for future complaints against Knight et al, though the battle will need to be fought all over agsin. Knight and friends will receive the joy of paying legal fees again if this unsettled matter should wind up back in court. It is not much, but it is a heck of a lot better than a precedent being set with an adverse outcome.
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

Maybe Jz has learned something... Not to act like a drunken bigoted nasty person when the camera is rolling...
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

Well I was told elsewhere there was no gag order...but that person spun several yarns in the same conversation such that ones head would spin, so who knows what to believe
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

There is something about the case in the May 8, 2015 edition of Nisqually Valley News. Unfortunately, payment is required to view the article, and I am not inclined to pay for what I suspect may not be terribly substantive information. Otherwise, it seems nobody has had anything at all to say regarding the JZK Inc. et al versus Evergreen Freedom Foundation settlement. Google that normally seems to know everything about anything is almost devoid of any links to information newer than January 2015 regarding this case. Mum's the word!

I am certain it is totally killing jzk to have to stay silent. One can infer that jzk is on quite shaky ground and has a huge amount to lose if it violates a gag order. I believe you can read between the lines that it was made completely obvious that jzk would lose and that it would become widely known that there is no copyright or exclusivity. That is a huge risk for jzk, so it was better to capitulate to a settlement and leave the outcome equivocal. A trial would have also put all of Ms. Knight's apparently racist, bigoted and intolerant rants back in from of TV cameras again.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Cedar- but that person spun several yarns in the same conversation such that ones head would spin, so who knows what to believe
This situation gets more bizarre and disturbing by the day.
A 'former trusted' friend, associate and insider with direct links to the Freedom Foundation and Glen Morgan has been evasive and spreading confusion... :sad:
Ockham- One can infer that jzk is on quite shaky ground and has a huge amount to lose if it violates a gag order.
Bingo...
However JZ Knight has made sure to her followers think she 'won' this settlement by having Steve Klien broadcast via the NV News JZK mouthpiece....
May 23, 2014:
Steven Wyble, Nisqually Valley News: “In April, the Freedom Foundation approached the company, owned by JZ Knight, about a settlement, and the company agreed, according to David Dewhirst of the Freedom Foundation.
Klein/Steven Wyble were careful to mention that
Blogger Klein was formerly an active member of the Ramtha School of Enlightenment staff.

Crafty stuff...designed to wiggle around the non-disclosure? to send a clear message to Knights followers she defeated the Freedom Foundation with this settlement.
Meanwhile a complete media blackout continues by both parties that smacks of a cover-up.
I am still waiting to receive that promised copy of the settlement agreement :-?
We will see.

David

Freedom Foundation sued for exposing JZ Knight, politicians | The Olympia Report
http://theolympiareport.com/freedom-fou ... liticians/
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

Yes and we see some true colours come out recently didn't we. Its lessons like this that proove who our real friends are. And how sometimes the world is pretty corrupt. Its always wise to remove those people from our circle...trust is pretty key to cult recovery. And when people lie to us whom we once thought were decent people, it cuts to the core. Well, it won't likely be the last time we run into corruption and cover up, it seems part of human nature unfortunately. Thanks again for all the work you have done here with info on this site

Yes I agree David. She was spreading more than confusion, I would now call it poison. That person has all credibility gone as far as I'm concerned.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Cedar- trust is pretty key to cult recovery.
Trampling over others by those we trusted as an excuse to ‘bring down’ JZ Knight... aghh..
How many times have I witnessed this BS, it never works, its the same poison a cult uses to confuse its members.
JZK is three steps ahead of that game and these selfish idiots with their trust (and lawsuit) wrecking balls :sad:
Meanwhile..Back at the ranch…
What about that Freedom Foundation JZK,inc settlement agreement?
I’m still trying to get a copy.

Anyone?

David
David McCarthy
Site Admin

My letter to the Freedom Foundation.
Date: 5/23/2015 2:51:06 PM
To: Info@myFreedomFoundation.com
Subject: Creative Director David Bramblett Re: Lawsuit between the Freedom Foundation and JZK, Inc. has been dismissed

The Freedom Foundation - Creative Director David Bramblett

Dear David

I run a website that supports former members of JZ Knights RSE Cult, Yelm WA.
I would like to inform them of about your settlement with JZ Knight.
However, there is a complete mainstream news blackout in place.
There is nothing from you or JZ Knight publicly announcing the Lawsuit between the Freedom Foundation and JZK, Inc. has been dismissed.
There is nothing posted on your website regarding Glens Morgans firing that happened December 2014.
No information regarding your settlement with JZ Knight!
However there are some carefully worded statements posted by Steve Klein a former employee of JZ Knight.
According to Klein
“In April, the Freedom Foundation approached the company, owned by JZ Knight, about a settlement, and the company agreed, according to David Dewhirst of the Freedom Foundation. http://yelmcommunity.org/page/2/
"

Quote: Glen Morgan.
"This was an impossible case for her to win, regardless of the copyrights she claims to have held because my actions of giving these videos to the Thurston County Commissioners was a perfect case of fair use. It complied with almost every element of a fair use test, and I would have only needed to comply with one of the test standards."
Can you please explain why you decided to settle?
Do you have a confidentiality agreement with JZ Knight regarding this settlement?
If not, can you send me a copy of your agreement with JZ Knight?

With kind regards,

David McCarthy

Related:

Lawsuit between the Freedom Foundation and JZK, Inc. has been dismissed - The EnlightenMeFree (EMF) Online Debate Forum

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2629
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

I think Oakham in the thread above mentioned there was a gag order placed on this settlement, Oakham..do you or anyone else know for sure about this? Reading in between the lines it obviously seems that way but I wonder if it has been confirmed to anyone's knowledge?

On a different note, David has someone sent you a copy of the settlement agreement? Maybe they are busy... But it has been a while now
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Cedar - David has someone sent you a copy of the settlement agreement? Maybe they are busy... But it has been a while now
Nope...still waiting, still asking... :idea:
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

No, I don't know for a fact there is a gag order. I am basing that opinion on what David wrote and jzk Inc. / Ms. Knight's prior behavior. I expect that jzk would be cackling pridefully evefywhere possible that jzk won (their presumed opinion) the battle against the evil (their presumed opinion) EFF unless there were something quite compelling preventing it.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

A message to those 'sailing the high seas'...
Oh, what a tangled web we weave. When first we practice to deceive!
- Felicia Hemans
shouldn't that say justice!.jpg
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

I'm finding out more and more, and become more disturbed and disappointed in peoples behaviour we thought we trusted...indeed financially supported. I will officially say I want my money returned. I have seen a consistent tendency to spin things in recent days and I don't want to support that behaviour. Missy please refund my donation, and I congratulate Robair for his written assessment of the situation which is hope he will post here. Now that a few people have noticed the same thing, I hope people will think about these things.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Hi Cedar,

Thank you for sharing your concerns about Mellissa Genson (missy).
We will open a new thread ASAP to look into this if it is not resolved.

David
Cedar

Unread post by Cedar »

It's not just her...there is now one other person who has recently threatened someone else if posts are displayed here. That's a bit rich given these few peoples behaviour of slander and libel to others, and downright bullying. It only takes a few bad apples to spoil the barrel. While the good people sit around trying to sort it out. As they are.

If people don't want bad behaviour exposed, they shouldn't do it in the first place, and or take some responsibility for it when it's pointed out.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

JZ Knight - Freedom Foundation Settlement Agreement April 21 2015
I blocked out Glen and Lauren's signatures to protect them from ID fraud.
Free PDF Download Link here >
http://freepdfhosting.com/997bc33323.pdf

Thank you Glen Morgan
The only honest person in this unbelievable and shameful sellout to JZK,inc by the Freedom Foundation (and friends) essentially giving JZ Knight and her Thurston County cronies an escape exit from facing justice and accountability. :-?
That’s very impressive how they hushed this up and the media dutifully complied.
Better not rock the RSE gravy boat.... they may all sink :idea:

David.
PDF to Text. As with OCR conversion there will be errors.
SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT AND RELEASE
This Settlement Agreement and Release ("Settlement Agreement") is made and entered into this day of April 20,2015, by and among the following parties: Plaintiffs JZ Knight and JZK, Inc. and Defendants Freedom Foundation. Glen Morgan and Lauren Morgan. Plaintiffs and Defendants shall be referred to hereinafter as "the Parties."
RECITALS
A. Plaintiffs have sued Defendants for alleged copyright violations in the United States District
court for the Western District of Washington, Cause number 3:14-CV-05410 BHS. Hereafter and
unless otherwise indicated, all references to a "lawsuit," "case," "Complaint," or "action" referto
3:14-CV-05410BHS.
B. Defendants expressly and unequivocally deny Plaintiffs' claims.
C. Plaintiffs and Defendants desire to enter into this Settlement Agreement and Release in order
to provide for the full settlement and discharge of all claims by Plaintiffs which are or might have
been made against Defendants through the date of April 8, 2015 and any claims by Defendants which
are or might have been made against Plaintiffs through the date of April 8, 2015.
AGREEMENT
The parties therefore agree as follows:
1. Release and Discharge
Each Plaintiff hereby releases and forever discharges each Defendant from any and all claims, known or unknown, which the Plaintiffs have or might later discover to have had against Defendants based on acts occurring through April 8, 2015. Each Defendant hereby releases and forever discharges each Plaintiff from any and all claims, known or unknown, which the Defendants have or might later discover to have had against Plaintiffs based on acts occurring through April 8, 2015. As part of this release, discharge, and settlement, the opposing Parties in this case expressly agree that they will not file any legal action, either on their own behalf or on the behalf of any other entity or person, against the other opposing Party or Parties based on acts occurring through April 8, 2015. This release and discharge applies to the Parties, as collectively defined above, including but not limited to the Parties' past, present and future officers, attorneys, agents, servants, representative, employees, predecessors and successors in interest, and assigns, and all other persons, firms, or corporations with whom any of the former have been, are now, or may hereafter be affiliated. This release and discharge is fully binding upon and among the Parties, including their respective heirs, representatives, assigns, and successors. Nothing in this release and/or this Settlement Agreement shall be construed to release any clahn or cause of action for acts occurring after April 8, 2015. Further, nothing in this release and/or this Settlement Agreement shall be construed as a waiver of any Parry's rights, including but not limited to copyrights, under state or federal law.

Dismissal of Pending Lawsuit

Plaintiffs agree to dismiss the Complaint identified herein by April 24,2015, with prejudice and with each party paying its own fees or costs. The Parties shall prepare and file with the Court by April 24, 201.5, a Stipulation and proposed order agreeingto dismissal ofthe action with prejudice and without an award of fees, costs or other relief to any party.
3. Effective Date of Agreement
This Agreement's effective date is April 20, 2015.
4. Denial of Liability
It is understood and agreed by the parties that this Settlement is a compromise of a disputed claim and is notto be construed as an admission of liability on the part ofthe Defendants, who expressly deny liability. It is further agreed that any concession/release made in this Settlement Agreement shall not be construed or asserted as an admission or concession of liability, wrongdoing, or fault by any party, but rather as made to avoid the expense and burden of litigation.
5. Additional Terms
a. Attorney's fees in United States District court for the Western District of
Washington, Cause number 3:14-CV-05410 BHS. All parties shall bear their own
attorneys' fees and costs in this lawsuit.
b. Governing Law. This Settlement Agreement shall be construed and
interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington.
c. Additional Documents. All parties agree to cooperate fully including in executing
any and all supplementary documents and to take all additional actions which may
be necessary or appropriate to give full force and effect to the terms and intent of
this Settlement Agreement.
d. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. Except as may be expressly provided herein, this
Settlement Agreement is for the benefit of the parties hereto only and is not intended
to benefit any other person or entity, and no person or entity not a party to this
Settlement Agreement shall have any third-party beneficiary or other rights
whatsoever hereunder.
e. Modification by Written Agreement Only. The obligations in this Settlement
Agreement may be modified only by written agreement of the parties, signed by
duly authorized representatives of each of the parties.
f. Entire Agreement. This Settlement Agreement is fully integrated and constitutes the
entire, complete, and final agreement among the parties. All previous agreements,
offers, counteroffers, and negotiations are merged herein. There are no other or
further agreements which modify the terms of

this Settlement Agreement. This Settlement Agreement cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing.
g. Authority to Bind. In executing this Settlement Agreement, each party
acknowledges that the person or persons signing on his/her/its behalf have authority to bind the party(ies)/he/it represents. Each party further represents that the person or person signing on her/his/its behalf are competent and of lawful age, have been fully advised by counsel in connection with the executing of this Agreement, and that such persons do so freely and voluntarily,
h. Obligation of Good Faith and Fair Dealing. The parties agree that each of the parties
is giving up certain rights, claims and defenses for acts occurring through April 8, 2015 in executing this Settlement Agreement, and each party hereby agrees to act in good faith in carrying out their respective duties and obligations herein.
i. Participation in Drafting. The parties have each participated and had an equal
opportunity to participate in the drafting of this Settlement Agreement. No ambiguity shall be construed against any party based upon a claim that such party drafted the ambiguous language.
j. Recitals Part of Agreement. The Recitals arc part of this Agreement and may be
used in its interpretation.
k. Prevailing Party. The prevailing party in any action arising from or relating to this
Settlement Agreement shall be entitled to its reasonable attorneys' fees and costs in that action(s).
1. Binding Agreement. This Settlement Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to
the benefit of the Parties and the Parties' legal representatives, heirs, administrators, executors, successors, and assigns.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND SIGNATURES
Plaintiffs and Defendants and their respective counsel acknowledge by their authorized signatures below that each of the parties have had the advice of counsel of their own choosing with regard to the meaning and intent of this Settlement Agreement, and that said counsel have explained the full legal import of this Settlement Agreement.
PLArNTiFFJZK,INC. _ PLAINTIFF JZ KNIGHT
B^^y^Cf^-^^r^ tOT By_JZ Knight

T-) rtr <. , ' " [Title]
Authorized Agent for JZK, Inc. Dated this 'O} day of April, 2015
Dated this /21 day of April, 2015

I

DEFENDANT FREEDOM FOUNDATION
By
[Name]
[Title] Authorized Agent for Freedom Foundation
Dated this day of April, 2015

DEFENDANT GLEN MORGAN
By_
Glen Morgan
Dated this_ day of April, 2015 DEFENDANT LAUREN MORGAN
By
Lauren Morgan Dated this_ day of April, 2015

SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT AND RELEASE

APPROVED AS TO FORM:

APPROVED AS TO FORM:

Andrea H. McNecly Attorneys for Plaintiffs

By.
Michele Earl-Hubbard Attorney for Defendants
David McCarthy
Site Admin

AGREEMENT
The parties therefore agree as follows:
1. Release and Discharge
Each Plaintiff hereby releases and forever discharges each Defendant from any and all claims, known or unknown, which the Plaintiffs have or might later discover to have had against Defendants based on acts occurring through April 8, 2015. Each Defendant hereby releases and forever discharges each Plaintiff from any and all claims, known or unknown, which the Defendants have or might later discover to have had against Plaintiffs based on acts occurring through April 8, 2015. As part of this release, discharge, and settlement, the opposing Parties in this case expressly agree that they will not file any legal action, either on their own behalf or on the behalf of any other entity or person, against the other opposing Party or Parties based on acts occurring through April 8, 2015.
“This release and discharge is fully binding upon and among the Parties, including their respective heirs, representatives, assigns, and successors.”
I am not a lawyer, however I would like to share my opinion regarding this Settlement document.

This AGREEMENT locks “Freedom Foundation. Glen Morgan and Lauren Morgan" from ever disseminating those JZK videos (at the center of this lawsuit) again.
Furthermore, they promise not to release any ‘discovery material’ (possible incriminating evidence against JZK ) or use that evidence to go after JZK in the future, either by lawsuit or making this information (discovery evidence) public.
This achieves the same result as having the FF destroy the videos and all other possible incriminating evidence that was investigated and documented during the discovery process that would have been used as defense to WIN this lawsuit. JZK’s lawyers well understood they could not force The FF to destroy those videos and documents (as was the case in the NZ lawsuit settlement I was forced to sign by the NZ legal aid)
For one thing that would really looks bad and tells it like it is for the FF, So a face-saving backdoor was worked out for everyone to achieve the same ends. So drawn in to confusing Legalese Gobbledygook to achieve the same ends.
Summing up….This settlement agreement is evidence of a legally binding sellout and shameful surrender by the FF to JZK using Glen and Laurel’s good names, good work and reputations now trampled.
It equally demonstrates the Freedom Foundations Insane management, utter contempt and complete disregard for its employees to toss them aside as collateral damage. A ‘gentlemen/women’s handshake agreement’ has obviously been made by the FF and JZK to keep silent and move on.
Even Glen Morgan has spoken out that dropping this lawsuit was a mistake and surrender, it was a certain win.
It would be really helpful to run this document pass a lawyer.
Now some really basic questions remain unanswered.
WHY did the Freedom Foundation fire Glen Morgan?
WHY did the Freedom Foundation give JZK a free pass and agree to be muzzled?
And WHY outside of Glen Morgan and EMF is no one asking questions and speaking out?
Why is the FF and JZK staying silent? with not even the courtesy of reply from my EMF letter to the FF.
Why is Melissa Genson CPA-CIA not speaking out and investigating the FF and Glens Morgan's Firing?
Missy you are a member of EMF...
Can you help us understand what the hell is going on here :-?
The FF ran out of money to defend themselves?
Another day at the FF office? Surely not!
Anyone?

David.

Related:
Legalese Gobbledygook – The Need for Clarity in Legal Writing « Legal Sourcery
https://lsslib.wordpress.com/2014/05/28 ... l-writing/
Robair

Unread post by Robair »

Hello Everyone
I have started a new thread on All things EMF really more of a warning about what can happened when dealing with people that have perhaps a hidden agenda or interest that you were not aware and finding out as you go.
So please feel free to post

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2639

Robair
I Value Things Not For What They Worth But For What They Represent

Return to “Lawsuits & Court cases - JZK,Inc - latest lawsuit - RSE Music Copyright Infringments”