Yael-the new expert on tree death

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
tree

Yael-the new expert on tree death

Unread post by tree »

July 25, 2008
GUEST ENTRY: YAEL KLEIN ON CELL TOWERS + CELL PHONE NEWS FLASH

"Saturday morning I was driving north towards Tacoma where a scene caught my eye on the west side of SR 507, 2 miles south of SR 7 & Spanaway. To my left I saw a gathering of old, dead Fir trees standing in their place, as in a circle. When I looked closely, I saw a very tall green cell tower in the center of them all. The height of the trees was as tall as the cell tower (see picture). My body quivered to such scenery.

To make sure I get across to you what I mean, I would like to describe to you that when a tree dies on my land, its colors change from green to pale green to orange to yellow and, lastly, to brown. Then all the needles fall off. The trees I am referring to in this article were just standing there dead, gray ? just dead gray. I have never seen this color on trees that died out of dryness. I wanted to yell out to the world for such a crime that is slowly accruing right in front of us, yet we passively move along in our busy daily schedules accepting it all as part of life.

I was pondering those trees and their unjustified fate, realizing how nature ? a giant being who only knows how to give, and one we can?t live without ? in its quiet way allows us to do all that we want, and even when we affect and destroy its parts, it is just silently being there, present in its glory. Yet the testimonial evidence of our misdoing, misuse, and abuse is so vividly there!

I ask, when are we going to finally wake up and say,
?NO MORE!?
NO MORE KILLING, NO MORE DESTROYING, NO MORE ABUSING, NO MORE IGNORING, NO MORE "ADVANCED" TECHNOLOGY THAT KILLS US ALL!!!
There are harmonious ways to live life on our beautiful planet earth!!! PEOPLE, WAKE UP!!!

Yael Klein
Yelm

[Ed. Note: Yael is the wife of this writer. We own no cell phones, as to do so would require cell towers, which we do not want in our neighborhood!]

As Yael was writing this story, a news flash came onto the radio:
"Cancer Docs Warn Staff Of Cell Phone Risks
University Of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Advising 3,000 Workers To Limit Exposure"

from another article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/03/health/03well.html

Cellphones emit non-ionizing radiation, waves of energy that are too weak to break chemical bonds or to set off the DNA damage known to cause cancer. There is no known biological mechanism to explain how non-ionizing radiation might lead to cancer.

Like most research on the subject, the studies are observational, showing only an association between cellphone use and cancer, not a causal relationship

more observational studies vs causal for Danielle.....
California Dreamin'

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

" The trees I am referring to in this article were just standing there dead, gray ? just dead gray."

Sounds to me more like the work of aliens than cell tower emissions.
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

Tree, your comment on causality sent me on a search...

In an amazing synchronicity (must be a runner from Ramtha, right???), I found an article dated August 3, 2008 about a pine beetle devastating trees in Oregon that turns the needles gray.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/k ... 1c39e.html

Foresters won't know the extent of the damage done this year until next summer because it often takes a year for a tree to show telltale signs -- changing colors from green to red to gray -- of a beetle attack, said Andy Eglitis, an entomologist with the Deschutes National Forest.
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

Tree, your comment on causality sent me on a search...

In an amazing synchronicity (must be a runner from Ramtha, right???), I found an article dated August 3, 2008 about a pine beetle devastating trees in Oregon that turns the needles gray.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/k ... 1c39e.html

Foresters won't know the extent of the damage done this year until next summer because it often takes a year for a tree to show telltale signs -- changing colors from green to red to gray -- of a beetle attack, said Andy Eglitis, an entomologist with the Deschutes National Forest.

Return to “News Articles”