Parents permission to attend?

Posters have cited (in our initial forum) instances of children being continually and repeatedly exposed to verbally abusive, vulgar language by "Ramtha", witnessing physical assault, hearing sexually explicit talks, etc. This forum is open for discussion and exchange of views.
imfree

Parents permission to attend?

Unread post by imfree »

I recently divorced and do not want my child attending the RSE. Does anyone know if both parents have to give permission for a minor child to attend? Any suggestions on what can be done or who should be contacted to ensure that my child does not attend without my consent?
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

Well.... when I wanted to attend rse as a minor, my registration was returned with the explanation that I would need a parents' permission. When I offered to supply my mother's permission I was told that I would need to provide my father's explicit, notarized permission for me to attend. Why? My dad apparently threatened to bring in the FBI if they let me so much as place a foot on the property. So... my advice: make a huge stink and see if they will let your child attend without your express permission!!!! :)

By the way, this was 16 years ago but I guarantee you the laws have not changed regarding parental rights. I guess to be safe you could contact a lawyer, but think of the fights parents have over whether to allow medical procedures for a child (I'm thinking of the one where one parent wanted to circumcise and the other didn't - I think it ended in not allowing the procedure since both parents' consent was required).

Also, just for the record, I have not been a student at rse for 7 years.
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

oh, and imfree, good luck and keep us posted!
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
HumblePied Piper

Unread post by HumblePied Piper »

I would love to hear of something, appropriately timed with a wine ceremony, involving CPS. I am ignorant of all the event scheduling; could this be a possibility?
tree

Unread post by tree »

I am not sure how a CPS review could be scheduled during a wine ceremony as I am sure Judy takes all precautions in this regard.
For instance, no impromptu visits would be allowed, in addition, most wine ceremonies are sponatneous in nature.
JZ keeps things that way for instance so no fire marshalls can attend druing events either (in the case the arena is overbooked and seating capacity is above capacity).
Also, water testing is not done during events.
Only during business hours.
She has her bases covered.

Return to “Children in RSE”