phoenix rising school RSE

Posters have cited (in our initial forum) instances of children being continually and repeatedly exposed to verbally abusive, vulgar language by "Ramtha", witnessing physical assault, hearing sexually explicit talks, etc. This forum is open for discussion and exchange of views.
joe sz

phoenix rising school RSE

Unread post by joe sz »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb_bcmYodnI

This advert for the RSE school for kids is a disaster in promotion, if you see it from an outside and sane perspective. It is a great tool for exposing RSE and how it damages children. i would use this in court if I had a chance. It opens the discussion of what exactly is taught there.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: phoenix rising school RSE

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Hi Joe,

While living in Yelm I met a bonafide science and natural history teacher.
He told me he quit the phoenix rising school after several months after being told he had to teach "Ramtha's" version of science to the children.
I suspect for those qualified teachers who are not RSE indoctrinated the teaching staff turnover rate is huge.
Seeing those children getting manipulated by the RSE cult zealots is heart wrenching.
But at least from seeing this video it seems the PRS has not 'risen' since its creation...
no matter how much money and RSE propaganda they throw into it,
in fact it seems smaller.

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
seriously

Unread post by seriously »

Seeing my niece in the video is deeply upsetting. It's painful to watch my niece interact with non-R$E kids. She talks about focus, blessing food, and things like being outside her body. As you can imagine, these topics are not well received and confusing to other children. Without supplemental schoolwork at home, i don't think she would know basic math or have any reading skills.

I've been to the school before and am not impressed. I think some things are great, like planting a garden and doing some unconventional experiments. Overall, the kids are going to be very unprepared to enter traditional high schools or attempt to obtain a college degree.
forever

Unread post by forever »

Decades ago the Pentecostal Church was a closed community with strict moral code. Main theme was, come out from amongst them and be ye separate. In reference to main stream society. Home schooling sprung up as a way to prevent children from being effected by society. The curriculum was based on the Pace Program? Something you might be able to use to help your niece? I cringed as i watched the video.

P.S. Four decades later the doctrine that disallowed tv, radio, movie theaters or contact with society or for women to cut their hair, wear pants...you should see it now. :twisted: The children whose parents stayed in the church and had no exposure to society became parents before 18 years old. With nothing to teach their children but scripture. Other branches became "worldly" and educated professionals. Pentecostals were also a doomsday community.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

good point, forever.
Historically, RSE is an extension of a form of eccentric Christianity that falls back on "Gnostic" tendencies. Gnosis is merely that direct, immediate knowledge of God or the Source of being, and in Gnostic sects (they were quite different in some ways) if you "knew God", you were essentially "God."
Some Gnostic sects like many early Christian churches retreated from the world, seeing little value in "things of this world" including education and governments.
A good course i have to understand Gnostic history is The Teaching Company's "Gnosticism: From Nag Hammadi to the Gospel of Judas" by Prof. David Brakke (2015)
Pentecostals were a neo-Gnostic revival of a kind.
http://www.seeking4truth.com/gnostic_roots.htm
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

So Sorry Seriously. My heart is with you and your family.
forever

Unread post by forever »

I spent many years in a Pentecostal church. I got involved when i was 20 and left 9 years later. I had no contact with society other than to go to grocery store. Always had my kids with me. Never away from the kids. My life consisted of being a wife, mother and loving God. That's where RSE began for me. When i was 22 years old. I'll come back to it.

The Pentecostal life-i can't say it was bad. I loved my kids and family, God, was my life. With all my heart. You think RSE is a closed community/cult? ha!! We didn't have television, radio, no music, nothing worldly. I wasn't allowed to cut my hair, wear make up or jewelry. No short sleeves, pants or shorts. I didn't believe in doctors, My God could heal me. :-)

I (and ex) bought my first home when i was 21 and he was 22 years old. Got it on a land contract. Starter home, fixer upper. It was my life. Raising the kids, being a wife/mother and going to church four times a week. "Wives submit to yourself to your husbands". I wasn't allowed to talk back. If a man was unfaithful it was blamed on his wife. We remodeled the house and had it paid for in 4 years. I had 3 kids under age of 5. When it was time for my son to go to school i didn't want him in public schools. Within the Pentecostal community schools sprang up.

Pentecostal was considered a cult back then. :twisted: I forgot to add, NO drinking, bars, smoking. drugs, heavens no. It was strict yes, but clean living. Family oriented. The type where mothers are with their kids? Read to em. Eat together at table as a family. We always had a garden and canned our own food. Ultimately had 40 acres in the country. And a hog named Arnold that the ex got to raise for food. But the kids and i loved him. And that was one of the rare occasions i stood up to ex. The kids and i cheered for Arnold as the ex was trying to corner him to take to butcher. Was in muck to his knees as kids and i yelled, "run Arnold". We functioned as a family. Prayed before we ate. Gave 20 % of our money to the church. And never missed a service.

I understand the concern about the children at RSE. And the parents? Maybe i can shed some light. My kids are the product of a cult.
forever

Unread post by forever »

I was under 25 when i got the "call" that ultimately took me to RSE. I read my bible every chance i got. With 3 kids? It was when they were napping. One day i was reading my bible, scripture that said, "get wisdom, knowledge and understanding".

What struck me is the "knowledge". What is it?

There i was married, 3 kids, doing all i knew to be a good person, wife and mother. So when i read that a light came on. :?:
Did it mean i was supposed to cook different? Better? Be able to do what husband could, work on cars? Chop wood? Was i supposed to go to college and get a degree? It was that question that took me to RSE.
forever

Unread post by forever »

Cult children.

I didn't allow the boys to go shirtless. They could wear shorts. My daughter wore only dresses. As did i and females of any age were not allowed to cut hair.

I wasn't sure how to raise the kids. What does any 18 year old person know about life? I got into the Pentecostal church because it was Clean living. I taught the kids the basics, do unto others. Don't cheat, lie or steal. Be respectful to adults. Be honest. And when they came to me with questions about things i wasn't sure of-i got out the bible. Gave them three options.

First, i gave them my opinion, then we dug out scripture, then i would tell them, "here's what i think, here's what God says and you have to decide what you think. It was up to them. I wanted my kids to be individuals. And that my daughter would go to college. She did. Has a very important position and is independent. It's a mixed bag. Their early life was Pentecostal. To this day my oldest son is uncomfortable going shirtless. One is Muslim and 2 are agnostic. One is a scientist. Should have heard her on Ramtha teachings. :roll:

Yes, Pentecostal was a cult, closed community but is that bad? My kids were protected.
forever

Unread post by forever »

I understand what RSE parents are doing. They see the world as a threat. Are keeping kids away from society. They think they are protecting them. And yet I cannot image ANY parent allowing their child at a wine ceremony. Exposing them to filth and a harsh environment. It's hard to say the fate of those kids. Very few of the Pentecostal kids followed in their parents foot prints. Those that did cannot hold a job or make their way in the society. Are miserable.

For females with my background RSE is Appealing. It's the back up we never had. The permission to be equal. Our own person. Don't need a man. Stand up for our self. RSE has something for everyone. No one is left out. As far as the hook goes and the hook is deep. It's far worse in Pentecostal and my kids made it.

Kids are-they see things. And they know BS when they hear it. The RSE kids....best any family can do is expose them as much as possible to outside world.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

That video is pretty nauseating. The kids seem to be delivering formulaic responses, programmed like little Stepford children (http://www.amazon.com/The-Stepford-Wive ... 0060080841).

I think it does not bode well for the kids stuck is PRS. I checked the Washington State Board of Education web site, and accreditation of private schools is optional and there are huge loop holes in the acceptance process. Basically, I think PRS can get away with teaching totally Ramtha-ized pablum if it wants to.

I feel sorry for those kids if/when they complete their secondary education in public middle school or high school. They will be dropped into a shark tank of potentially brutal teenage teasing. Pity the kid who is a non conformist. I can just imagine the results if a PRS kid were to break out into that RSE hand gesture on a middle school playground.
seriously

Unread post by seriously »

Thanks for the insight forever. I'm assuming my niece will rebel when she's older. Hopefully, it's not done in an unhealthy way.
forever

Unread post by forever »

Seriously,

Keep the faith. My kids really went through it. However, she got through college and is independent. A scientist actually. For years i was destroyed, anguish over the effect of my choices on my children. Recently she told me she attributes her success to the structure of our home and life style in her formative years. Keep the faith. It's amazing how resilient children are. Best you can do is be there and plant seeds. :-)
Xylofone

Unread post by Xylofone »

And now the school is closed. There was a LOT of drama around it... I don't know the details but nobody likes to talk about it :lol:

Return to “Children in RSE”