Magic in words.

There are a number of ways that people of all walks of life get recruited into cults. Share your experience here.
FreeNow

Magic in words.

Unread post by FreeNow »

There is magic in words, the way they are said. They can be spoken in a rhythm that can put you in a hypnotic state and you don't even know it. Complete exhaustion is another tool used. I was exhausted the whole time I was there from all that walking, for hours.

How did I get hooked? Being vunerable. The real problem was I didn't know about looking within and I was looking in the wrong direction. I gave my mind to another person's thoughts instead of seeking my own wisdom within. Simple isn't it?

Steps of seperation take time and I do treat myself gently.
Keep the greater good at heart.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

:!: Have to try and get some sleep in the midst of these terrible storms and my dog barking at the wind! (hmmm-smart K9). So I'll make this short right now and expand later.

"What the Bleep" awakened me one night when my husband and I had fallen asleep while watching television. First person I saw? A blonde woman in read saying, "we could be the avatars of (whatever.)" I bought the deranged DVD, and that's how it began. Of course, there's always a LOT more to it.

But right now the wind is raging in freedom. :wink:

"What the Bleep Do We Know?" Just ask an ex-RSE'er! 8)
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Tyger

Unread post by Tyger »

After the disolution of my first marriage (1986), I ended up hanging out with my mother for a while. She was into all this new age crap at the time, mainly the Course In Miracles, and then Ramtha. I thought it was absurd and anti-christ, but she keep pressing it to me and encouraging me to "check it out". In the interests of debunking her, I did so.

That resulted in my reading a ton of "metaphysical" material. Everything from tarot and kabbalah teachings to ancient mystery schools to....well, you name it. I'm a reader...

I ran across a story that I'd had a similar experience with. It was in JZ Knight's book, "My Story". I fired off a letter to her describing my own experience and asking her if she could shed any light on it. I didn't receive any return letter for weeks. So I called up the school, (actually her publishing company as the school didn't exist then) and they informed me that due to the bulk of mail she receives, that JZ didn't respond personally to them.

Then a week later I received a personal letter from JZ in the mail. She was very cordial, apologized for not writing sooner, and addressed my question at length. Then she said she'd love for me to come to see "Ramtha for myself" in San Diego at an event she was holding there. This would be in 1988, I recall.

I thought, "Don't hold your breath, lady..."

But my mother...and now my aunt, were so thrilled that she'd written me, as if she were some sort of celebrity, that they insisted I go with them to San Diego. I wasn't impressed at all, but that probably has something to do with my background. Minor-league celebrities never impressed me much....I've met too many of them. Well, no way was I going to pay for it. No way. So they bought the tickets and I ended up seeing Ramtha for an evening. It was entertaining, ...but I was highly skeptical.

I returned home and promptly forgot all about Ramtha. Running my own businesses, getting married again, raising a new kid and step-kids kept me pretty busy. You know, normal life...

About seven years later I found myself in the middle of Divorce #2. It was nasty. I'd also embarked on a professional writing career at the time and was definitely going through what is usually termed a "mid-life crisis". In my solitude, (mom and auntie had moved lock-stock-and-barrel to Yelm already) I began playing around with "kundalini". Again, I found it interesting, and wanted to know more.

Mother and auntie told me that they'd been taught a breathing exercise that moved kundalini energy rapidly up the spine...but they were "sworn to secrecy and couldn't tell me". After a few more years of family drama, etc., etc., etc....I decided to move to Yelm myself and "check it out".

What did I have to lose, I thought...

And that's how I ended up at RSE. I attended one beginner's event, on invitation (I never paid a single dime to RSE), was thrown out of the school by the senior staff members, half of which are dead now from what I hear, for a number of BS reasons that I decline to elaborate on in this forum at this time.

Obviously, my "Ramtha Experience" was done with. I've been a devout "ex-Ramster" ever since.

And dat, my friends, is how Tyg ended up in Yelm. :)
sara

powerful words

Unread post by sara »

Yes, there is magic and beauty in words, and the way in which they are said - and in the way we understand them. I wonder, can we keep the magic we heard in some of JZR's words and separate them from RSE? After all, we heard them from our backgrounds, our understanding, our desires for something beyond- and our feelings and experience are ours, even though they may have been aroused by a destructive scam. I believe that no-one can take them away from us, not ultimately; for myself I know I just need to do the work of separating out what was good and true, and came from MUCH further back than RSE (I've been learning just how much of the teachings is taken from elsewhere).
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

Good point, Sara.

My current approach is that when I remember some phrase in my mind from Ramtha that I loved, I go looking online for the true source. For example, referring the snow in winter as "the great white silence" - which is from the poem The Call of the Wild.

Every time I find the original source, sorry, the fact for me is that I simply become more deeply disgusted with JZ Knight (with compassion for her obvious mental/emotional illness) and it becomes easier for me to continue letting go of an attachment to the figment of JZ's imagination known as Ramtha.
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

On the other side of there's magic in words -- Story telling is a learned skill -- Years and years and years ago I dated a man who was trained in story telling - the ultimate to him was to be able to make an audience laugh or cry. JZ is a skilled story teller, and has had acting lessons.
It's really worth the time to read the article re Marjoe Gortner under the Academic category....
tree

Unread post by tree »

I wonder, can we keep the magic we heard in some of JZR's words and separate them from RSE?
I truly think this is the crux of the book, Take Back Your Life.

Wake-up's approach of:
My current approach is that when I remember some phrase in my mind from Ramtha that I loved, I go looking online for the true source. For example, referring the snow in winter as "the great white silence" - which is from the poem The Call of the Wild.

I think is excellent.
Many of the stories or teachings or one-liners or music or books were LONG here on earth before jz knight
stole some little gem and made a teaching from it-and then it was turned into bigger than god
and stuck in our brains to forever have to work these out until
they dribble away with time.
I simply become more deeply disgusted with JZ Knight (with compassion for her obvious mental/emotional illness)
and then to be able to detach enough to have compassion for this lost soul
who is genuinely wretching the life out of people.
She DOES need to be held accountable.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

"and then to be able to detach enough to have compassion for this lost soul
who is genuinely wretching the life out of people.
She DOES need to be held accountable.
"

i can understand that. yes, there were some fun/good times there.

however...consider this... (i'm addressing all readers with a hypothetical situation)

a woman is married to a man. (or vice versa...don't mean to pick on men)
they may even have a few kids, whom they both cherish and love.
the couple has some disagreements and their talks about the issues escalate until the husband is physically abusive to the wife (or emotionally, or both).
the couple has also enjoyed some delightful vacations, shared wonderful meals together, had great times watching their kids in Little League, etc., etc.

so, does the fact that there were "good times" erase responsibility and accountability toward the husband for the times he beat his wife ????

the "good times" at rse were just that. i don't think anyone disputes that they had events when they had some good times. maybe even found their cards, did remote view, whatever. but at what price ???? not talking financial.
do the good times make it alright that there are dead students, who diligently applied the "healing" techniques that were taught to them, that would heal ANY disease ? do the good times make it alright that children have directly witnessed v-u-l-g-a-r and verbally/emotionally and even physically abusive teachings by a person claiming to be a GOD ? i could go on, but i've made my point.

my opinion: we need to be careful not to dismiss where there should be accountability because we had some fun times, too. we can keep the good times AND expect accountability for services not rendered...abuse, and gee...30 years and not one ascended student ! seems to me that the teacher failed to effectively teach. at a REAL school, they'd be out of a job.

jz knight does not, never did and never will "own" the concept of "god within". it's not hers to have. "false doctrine" or not, it's just not her original thought.
nothing new under the sun, horatio !
tree

Unread post by tree »

nothing new under the sun, horatio
you know, when rambles came out with that one,
something inside me said,
"well, then even all this information in RSE is reiterated from SOMEwhere."
But I didn't go any further along with that thought process.
I TOTALLY remember pondering that statement for quite some time,
as it went from teaching to teaching for the next several months.
(She is kinda like a drunk like that, constantly repeating herself
and it gets REALLY old. Hence walking out of the umpteenth time of the
Seabiscuit teaching).
California Dreamin'

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

Whatcha said:

"30 years and not one ascended student!"

I guess Blue Body who was the only student (to my knowledge) who was "selected for ascension" chose his own path of ascension.

As someone once posted on this forum, "RUN, JAMES, RUN!!" :lol:
Whatchamacallit

tree said, "But I didn't go any further along with that thought process. "

yep ! the ol' thought stopping process. good for you (LOL) ... at least you did the thought stopping well !

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack !

i hear cher's song in my head........"if i could turn back time..."

hindsight is 20/20.
Whatchamacallit

wow, how in the world did i miss that one ? blue body was "selected for ascension" ???

i just remember jz talking to the audience (you know what i mean.......as herself). she was blubbering about how she goes out of her body so that the ram can come in and take over. she said when she is out, she's with all the buds on the other side, and they are all watching us. she said for how many years ... rolling eyes... that she didn't remember anything...another bunch of hooey...but anyway...back to the point. she said that she was making a path for blue body to be with her one day, on the other side.

i recently heard a rumor that she had asked him to return to her, and he said he can't/won't at least in part because of it being to hard to keep up the pretense.

really ?! PRETENSE. that word stuck in my head for weeks after i had heard that comment. well, at least he got out. that's the most important thing. maybe he'll come to a time when he's ready/willing/able to talk about that PRETENSE. one can hope.
California Dreamin'

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

Whatcha-

Perhaps my interpretation was incorrect about Blue Body being selected for ascension, maybe he was just being selectively "groomed" for the big ride.

However, I discussed this with several others who also understood as I did that BB was going to ascend. Perhaps that was intended as a "hook" for BB to always remain with JZR :twisted:
Whatchamacallit

CA,

Oh, I believe you ! I just really don't ever remember hearing that. For as many events as I attended (aaaaaaaaaaaack !), I really just don't know how I missed that. But, I did !

Yeah, you're right...he ascended right outta that place. So, is he Magic Number One ? LOL

Return to “How Did You Get Hooked Into RSE ?”