It was empowering

There are a number of ways that people of all walks of life get recruited into cults. Share your experience here.
forever

It was empowering

Unread post by forever »

In the early nineties there was no internet. I was given the white book and later video of Hawaii dialogue. For someone that had never even considered God as anything other than religion and was disillusioned with it, it opened a door to greater hope and possibilities. And as a female it was empowering and liberating. At the time RSE and "Ramtha" was the only game in town and i thought genuine. I also thought it was about love. That i saw a loving Ramtha.

RSE turned out to be anything but loving. Actually, there was a hostile attitude from staff toward customers/students. Superiority. As well as dog eat dog between students.

The information given at that time seemed advanced. I and many others paid a lot of money to hopefully learn about our self and have greater control of our life. An understanding of God and freedom from the demands of human consciousness. It appealed on many levels, especially emotional and that time seemed healing. But it wasn't a school as stated. It turned out to be a cultish in nature.

The same information was available in books from other sources. And now there's far more scientific information available without the expense, abuse and all the garbage of show biz mania and greed and glitz. There's sources of information that is informative and educational without all the drama, hype and doesn't require submission to a doctrine or conformity to a group or obedience to it's leader.

Return to “How Did You Get Hooked Into RSE ?”