Create your day or destruction?

There are a number of ways that people of all walks of life get recruited into cults. Share your experience here.
HumblePied Piper

Create your day or destruction?

Unread post by HumblePied Piper »

10. Personalization. A primary weapon of cult indoctrination is to train members to believe that everything bad is their fault. The guilt that accompanies this sort of personalizing is crippling and controlling. You are out of the cult now, so it is important to take responsibility only for what is yours.

--from Hal Mansfield in the ReFocus.org Mar/Apr 2007 e-newsletter

Creating your day has been a serious bone of contention between me and my partner. Every time it is brought up (which is usually her telling me that she is/did/will try to focus on/etc), I've tried to penetrate the body armor of insanity. My biggest issue with this theory is the impossibly huge expectations it puts on one's self. If the theory IS TRUTH, then it would be an avenue to manipulate the world and everything in reality -- all in the name of molding life to this 1 person's thoughts and ideas of how it SHOULD be. So, when it all falls short of what they were trying to "create", there is huge disappointment. Instead of EVER questioning the theory, my partner decries that she has failed to focus well enough!!!

All the verbal, emotional, and even physical abuse she has taken from her ex-husband... she claims she created, yet can't help be a "victim" of.

When, finally, a turn for the better happens... she credits it to focusing intently on how she wanted the outcome.

I see her exhausted, crippled by stress and anxiety, judgemental and fearful... yes, I suppose she did create this; specifically by learning the Create Your Day lessons from RSE... I'll credit the theory for that.

I hope she is creating patience in me, because I do not know if I am strong enough to watch the pain unfold if she teaches this to our little girl.

with love and hope,
hpp
Stopped going to the hardware store to get milk.
tree

Unread post by tree »

I see her exhausted, crippled by stress and anxiety, judgemental and fearful...
Humbled Pied Piper-
This, I think, is THEE most astounding thing for me to witness of CURRENT RSE members now that I am out.
It is riveting.
And don't think for one minute that once one REALIZES this is how they have been acting for __x__ amount of years that is just
goes away over night.
I had to have the total realization of this, then continue working daily to not have my thought patterns go down those old destructive pathways.
The one great immediate benefit was the GREAT amount of relief of not having the daily pressure to perform daily, what was indoctrinated into me, and that was: to be god and god-like every single waking second.
The stress was incredible (in hindsight).

I don't know how you are going to deal with this for the years coming.
Especially with the little girl.
I would go so far as a compromise in allowing "postive affirmations" of like a Dale Carnegie kind.
But I can tell you from my own past experience, it was wholly indoctrinated into us that these teachings were the best thing since
sliced bread and that how much EACH OF US wished we had had those teachings as children. I cannot stress how big of a belief that
is in RSE.

Please keep posting, and keep us up to date.
WE will help where we can.
ordinarymind

Unread post by ordinarymind »

[quote="Tree] But I can tell you from my own past experience, it was wholly indoctrinated into us that these teachings were the best thing since
sliced bread and that how much EACH OF US wished we had had those teachings as children. [quote]

Yeah, Tree, you are so right about that! I can remember thinking how different my life would have been if only I had been exposed to those teachings as a kid . ..how much easier it would be, I thought, to embody the disciplines and evolve myself, if I had learned that stuff as a kid. Then, I thought, I would have avoided all the neural-net programming of social consciousness that I now had to work so hard to get ?beyond? . ..well, how ludicrous that seems in hindsight, but, at the time ?well, I was sure I would have been so much further along this enlightenment path if I had started off on the ?right foot?!! . .ie. with Ramtha as my teacher when I was a kid ?you know, that?s the damnable thing about mind control, when you are so ?in? a belief system, you don?t even see it is a belief system, you see it as the truth and you feel so fortunate to be one of the ones able to access the truth from an ?all-knowing, all-seeing teacher? .. it is only later, when moving into a different belief system, that the old beliefs are seen for what they are . .pretty limited at best, and, at worse, damned destructive ?I have no idea what my belief system is now ?like Tree said in an earlier post, ? I don?t even know what God means to me anymore?.

At the last event I went to, my ?neighbour? was feeling so sad that her daughter was not interested in the school ?she so wanted to have her daughter experience the unlimited potential that RSE offered (huh!!??) . ..and so much wanted her daughter to attend CSE, but they didn?t live in Yelm . .and that made my neighbour so sad and feeling like she was failing her daughter by not being able to offer her the wonder of these teachings.

You know, as much as I am still struggling with figuring out my own belief system now, dealing with my regrets at choices I made and where I put my energy and resources for 15 years ?the thing I have the hardest time with is the kids . ..I don?t have any myself ?but I think of all those kids in the arena lining up by the door to show R their drawings as he comes in ?all those kids who are so influenced and so vulnerable and whose minds are being messed with. Right now I feel so impotent, so powerless to do anything to change that ?but, in my better days, I do see the day coming when RSE has closed its doors and justice is served and the children are set free again.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

My heart goes out to everyone here, in our struggles to return to our own "extraordinary lives" which have NOTHING to do with RSE. Jzrk is spreading the world much like a pandemic. Larry King? I would love to see this entire forum printed out and areas highlighted and sent to his producer - and more news media. I would like to see the old tapes of The Two Paths and whatever else is out there sent to these media folks. We hear so much about scientology, and rightly so. But jzrk is right up there trying to gain respect despite all of the outright disrespect, abuse, and foul acts on her ranch - due to her own works hiding behind the ramtha mask. People need not be afraid, for failing to do what is just is what we ought fear; failure to act in the presence of what we know to be true, or in this case, not true. Old clips of "ramtha" rolling eyeballs on the Merv Griffin show, etc., this is all available to producers of these shows where jzrk so desperately tries to appear legit. Simply a leftover and sad problem from her abusive childhood, where she never felt secure within herself. Regardless, anyone and all of us and others have an opportunity to bring this to the main frame attention of media which is so hungry for news stories.

:| :| :|
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
tree

Unread post by tree »

Larry King? I would love to see this entire forum printed out and areas highlighted and sent to his producer -
When JZ Knight was on the Dave Ross radio show last summer, twice,, we made sure a show was aired to show the other side of RSE.
When I was personally questioned by Mr. Ross,with his exasperated tone in his voice said, "You mean you actually BELIEVED in her at one time??!!'
Personally, I think it was an appeasement on his part to have her on the air.
she IS, after all, a personality ( he! he! :lol: :roll: ) in the Puget Sound area.
He did justice to the other side of RSE in his subsequent radio show.

I, personally, would love to ask him to have her back on to say, "your predictions sucked gas, JZ."
To which she can back it up with, "Well, it was seen in THAT moment, and I am not always right."

HEAR THAT CURRENT STUDENTS??!!! Give me the percentage of time where her/his perdictions ARE right.
Just numbers, Mike and Greg. Just numbers.
and THEN you can say with all back up ease; "The greatest predictions are the ones that did not come true." what? huh?? :shock:
What does that mean exactly? You changed the timeline again? How convenient. Such masters in the making.......
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

LOL....yes, "the greatest predictions are those that don't come true." I wonder how the Omega-scammed folks feel about that one!!!!

Great to see you back, Tree!

:wink: :wink: :wink:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972

Return to “How Did You Get Hooked Into RSE ?”