the power of the mind

There are a number of ways that people of all walks of life get recruited into cults. Share your experience here.
sara

the power of the mind

Unread post by sara »

When something tangible and undeniable happens through contact with the teachings, it hooks you in... one weekend staying with my RSE friend, we had nothing to eat but what was left in her kitchen cupboards - she was selling her house, so was running down the food in the house. At that time I had allergic reactions to anything that came from a cow; she didn't know that, but she told me before I went down there that she didn't make any space for food allergies - if her friends wanted special diets, they had to bring their own food! She said that it was all in the mind and that avoiding certain foods was all about wanting to be special. I could see that that could be true in some cases, and I was interested in the idea that I could just tell my body that it wasn't allergic to cow dairy products any more. Well, there was absolutely nothing to eat in the house that wasn't from a cow - apart from chorizo! Granola with cows' milk, hot chocolate made with cows milk, tins of soup with milk powder in it, lots of cheese... I ate it all, and not a whisper of a reaction! Before, I would swell up like a balloon if I just put a piece of cheese in my mouth. For three days, I ate mostly chunks of cheese, and didn't have one reaction after years of being "allergic". Well, that told me that there was something in this teaching about the power of the mind. I just didn't know that I could have found it in so many other places...

Oh, and I can still eat chunks of cheese 6 years later :-)
sara

Unread post by sara »

When something tangible and undeniable happens through contact with the teachings, it hooks you in...

like the coin in California Dreamin's hand...

Return to “How Did You Get Hooked Into RSE ?”